Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » Promote Something Christian   » The Rapture Plot

Author Topic: The Rapture Plot
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus said to his disciples that there will be signs. It is with these signs that Christians must look at to determine where on the eschatological continuum is the coming of the Lord and the implementation of that Balzebab aka the anti-Christ. Signs are pieces of a future event that when added up to a conclusion declares a future event. Mathew 24 is one of many prophecies spoken by Jesus who rules.

(Mat 24:1) And Jesus went out and departed from the temple. And His disciples came to Him to show Him the buildings of the temple.

(Mat 24:2) And Jesus said to them, Do you not see all these things? Truly I say to you, There shall not be left here one stone on another that shall not be thrown down.

(Mat 24:3) And as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? And what shall be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the world?

(Mat 24:4) And Jesus answered and said to them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

(Mat 24:5) For many will come in My name, saying, I am Christ, and will deceive many.

(Mat 24:6) And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled, for all these things must occur; but the end is not yet.

(Mat 24:7) For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines and pestilences and earthquakes in different places.

(Mat 24:8) All these are the beginning of sorrows.

(Mat 24:9) Then they will deliver you up to be afflicted and will kill you. And you will be hated of all nations for My name's sake.

(Mat 24:10) And then many will be offended, and will betray one another, and will hate one another.

(Mat 24:11) And many false prophets will rise and deceive many.

(Mat 24:12) And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many will become cold.

(Mat 24:13) But he who endures to the end, the same shall be kept safe.

(Mat 24:14) And this gospel of the kingdom shall be proclaimed in all the world as a witness to all nations. And then the end shall come.

(Mat 24:15) Therefore when you see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place (whoever reads, let him understand).

(Mat 24:16) Then let those in Judea flee into the mountains.

(Mat 24:17) Let him on the housetop not come down to take anything out of his house;

(Mat 24:18) nor let him in the field turn back to take his clothes.

(Mat 24:19) And woe to those who are with child, and to those who give **** in those days!

(Mat 24:20) But pray that your flight is not in the winter, nor on the sabbath day;

(Mat 24:21) for then shall be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world to this time; no, nor ever shall be.

(Mat 24:22) And unless those days should be shortened, no flesh would be saved. But for the elect's sake, those days shall be shortened.

(Mat 24:23) Then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ! Or, There! Do not believe it.

(Mat 24:24) For false Christs and false prophets will arise and show great signs and wonders; so much so that, if it were possible, they would deceive even the elect.

(Mat 24:25) Behold, I have told you beforehand.

(Mat 24:26) Therefore if they shall say to you, Behold, He is in the desert! Do not go out. Behold, He is in the secret rooms! Do not believe it.

(Mat 24:27) For as the lightning comes out of the east and shines even to the west, so also will be the coming of the Son of Man.

(Mat 24:28) For wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered.

(Mat 24:29) And immediately after the tribulation of those days, the sun shall be darkened and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from the heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken.

(Mat 24:30) And then the sign of the Son of Man shall appear in the heavens. And then all the tribes of the earth shall mourn, and they shall see the Son of Man coming in the clouds of the heaven with power and great glory.

(Mat 24:31) And He shall send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather His elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

(Mat 24:32) Now learn a parable of the fig tree. When its branch is still tender and puts out leaves, you know that summer is near.

(Mat 24:33) So you, likewise, when you see all these things, shall know that it is near, at the doors.

(Mat 24:34) Truly I say to you, This generation shall not pass until all these things are fulfilled.

(Mat 24:35) The heaven and the earth shall pass away, but My Words shall not pass away.

(Mat 24:36) But of that day and hour no one knows, no, not the angels of Heaven, but only My Father.

(Mat 24:37) But as the days of Noah were, so shall be the coming of the Son of Man.

(Mat 24:38) For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day Noah entered into the ark.

(Mat 24:39) And they did not know until the flood came and took them all away. So also will be the coming of the Son of Man.

(Mat 24:40) Then two shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

(Mat 24:41) Two shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

(Mat 24:42) Therefore watch; for you do not know what hour your Lord comes.

(Mat 24:43) But know this, that if the steward of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched and would not have allowed his house to be dug through.

(Mat 24:44) Therefore you also be ready, for in that hour you think not, the Son of Man comes.

(Mat 24:45) Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his Lord has made ruler over His household, to give them food in due season?

(Mat 24:46) Blessed is that servant whom his Lord shall find him doing so when He comes.

(Mat 24:47) Truly I say to you that He shall make him ruler over all His goods.

(Mat 24:48) But if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My Lord delays His coming,

(Mat 24:49) and shall begin to strike his fellow servants, and to eat and drink with the drunken,

(Mat 24:50) the Lord of that servant shall come in a day when he does not look for Him, and in an hour which he does not know.

(Mat 24:51) And He shall cut him apart and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

There is a book out called "Enroute to Global Occupation" by Gary Kah. Gary used to be a high government liason agent and finally came to the conclusion about what road this world is headed for.

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ezekiel 13:20
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't the testimony of Jesus the spirit of prophecy? Revelation 19:10

I know there's not any gathering call it rapture or whatever untill after the son of perdition appears.

II Thessalonians ch.2 makes that perfectly clear.
I'm not saying those who believe in pre-trib rapture are lost sinners. I'd rather be prepared to stand against anti-christ. It's going to be a little rough on those who have been taught they have nothing to worry about,because they are not going to be here.
I only know God is not a respecter of persons. If the Prophets and Apostles and all those Saints of old went through tribulation,so shall the last generation,whenever it comes about. This year next year,or a 1000 years from now.
There's no better way for satan to deceive than to lead people to believe they won't be here.
John said in Revelation,"I am your companion in tribulation". I think I'd rather believe John than someone telling me I'm not going to be here.
Anyway,I'm not trying to offend anyone. I'm just an old plain spoken,computer challenged,God loving redneck.
I have my Grandmother's hymn book,if you look in the back there are plenty of hymns listed under Second Coming, there's no listing for rapture.
of course a hymn book is not scripture,but I do find it interesting Second Coming is there but not rapture.
They must have been real ignorant not to know they were going to be "raptured" before the Second Coming of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are several cults that teach that there will be a rapture that will take out the bad people and the people left will be the people that will usher in a new age. That is why we need to know the truth of the rapture. These people will willingly, accept the anti-Christ and will worship him. It is important for people to know that the rapture is God calling His Church home and not the universe getting rid of people so it can usher in Heaven on earth.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with your priorities! The Person and work of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the salvation He offers, are the most important topic.

But in a forum like this one, we do tend to explore the details of many topics. It encourages research and Bible study, and people learn from these debates.

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As long as the bible declares the following:

(1Th 4:13) But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

(1Th 4:14) For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

(1Th 4:15) For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

(1Th 4:16) For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

(1Th 4:17) Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

(1Th 4:18) Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

I WILL ALWAYS BELIEVE IN THE RAPTURE WHETHER IT HAPPENS BEFORE THE TRIBULATION OR DURING IT, but I choose to believe the rapture happens before the tribulation. After all the senseless fussing, the real discusion should be whether or not the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin or not?

My salvation is based on the fact that Jesus is who is and not on my interpretation of eschatological events. We should spend our energy in prostilyzing the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The true deceit is those who are preaching against the pre-trib rapture. They have people convinced that the rapture is not immediate, which gives people false hope that they have at least seven years to get it right. The Church was never instructed to prepare for the tribulation, because the Church will not be here for the tribulation.
The Bible makes it clear that no one knows the exact time of the rapture. If it was at then end of the tribulation we would know that at the moment the anti-Christ signs the 7 year covenant with Israel that the rapture will happen in 7 years. Truth is the rapture will happen first.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unregistered

I Want to be Left Behind is a good book for those who have been deceived by the Left Behind books.
It was written by Pastor Ron Poch from Atlanta,Ga.

He really goes into the deceitfulness of the pre-trib rapture doctrine.

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 21 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know you're not MacPherson. But you depend on what he says.

quote:
He did an excelent study on the origin of the new mid-19th century pre-trib rapture docrine
 -

He did not do a good study. His is a defective work which distorts history.

The pre-trib is not a new doctrine. It dates back to Paul and the early church fathers.

I think you are like MacPherson - your goal in life is to trash the truth about the pre-trib Rapture.

Have you told us yet what you believe in?

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unregistered

No,I'm not MacPherson. He did an excelent study on the origin of the new mid-19th century pre-trib rapture docrine. That made many false teachers of it,rich and famous. But worse it has deceived countless Christians into believeing the finial generation would not be here on earth during the tribulation period.

Paul made it plain in II Thessalonians ch.2,that they would NOT gather back to Christ untill after the man of sin (anti-christ) stands in Jerusalem saying he is God.
However,God made it clear also in the same chapter if they want to believe a lie that He would send them strong delusion. Pre-trib rapture is strong delusion.

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So are you...MacPherson
unregistered

You have just copied the opinion of someone.You have not read anything yourself. You are depending upon what people say.
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
INVENTOR OF FALSE PRE-TRIB RAPTURE HISTORY

MacPherson has dedicated his life to the cause of disrupting belief in the pretrib rapture, since, according to his interpretation, it has been the cause for great disruption in his own life. “Back in 1953 I had a jolting encounter with the Rapture,” is the opening sentence in MacPherson's Rapture Hoax (p. 3). This is a reference to his expulsion from a Christian College in California (BIOLA) for propagating views that conflicted with pretribulationism. He suggests that this experience was so devastating that it accounts for a setback in his Christian life. Because of his discouragement, MacPherson and a friend went out and got drunk in Mexico and passed out. MacPherson says this was a brush with death because of the many dangers that could befall someone in such a condition in Mexico. Later, he was involved in a wreck with a car while riding his motorcycle and almost lost his left arm. But these were not the beginning of his nor his family’s troubles because of the pretrib rapture.

Robert L. Sumner has noted that “MacPherson has a bad habit of attributing all kinds of personal tragedies to the pre-trib teaching: his mother's death, his sister's inability to have more children, his own failure to follow through on his calling as an evangelist, and other matters.” (“’Looking For The Blessed Horrible Holocaust!’ A book review of The Late Great Pre-Trib Rapture” in The Biblical Evangelist (May, 1975), p. 8.) Sumner cites another “illustration of how paranoid he has become concerns his conclusion that his ‘lovable dog, Wolf’ apparently became demon possessed just about the time MacPherson was about to write his first anti-pretribulation book, savagely biting his writing hand several times.” (“Hope? Or Hoax?” The Biblical Evangelist (Feb., 1984), p. 7.)

Complete article at:
http://www.raptureready.com/who/Dave_MacPherson.html

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave MacPherson's The Rapture Plot : Weighed And Found Wanting

The importance MacPherson places on The Rapture Plot reveals his spiritual condition. He writes on p. 234:

"The real test is ahead. If pretrib promoters ignore or twist this book's documentation, and if their only bottom line is a continuing flow of funds, then I won't be surprised if God views them collectively as an "Achan" (Josh. 7) and allows a national or even international money collapse!"

This statement is incredible. Ignoring The Rapture Plot leads to an international money collapse! This extreme notion indicates the mentality under which MacPherson operates.

Dave MacPherson's The Rapture Plot is a defective work which distorts history. There is no plot. It misrepresents godly men such as Darby and Kelly. It fails to prove the Irvingites were pretribulational in the 1830s. It is completely inaccurate concerning Morgan Edwards' teaching. The Rapture Plot has the same character as MacPherson's previous works. Christians who desire to feed their souls on truth would be well advised to avoid his works.

Frank Marotta

Complete article at:
http://www.according2prophecy.org/macphers.html

unregistered

I am offering free copies of The Rapture Plot by Dave MacPherson.
If you have never been told the truth of where the Rapture Theory came from then you should read this book.
Email RaptureisaLie@AOL.COM to get your copy. I'm not selling anything and will never accept or ask for money. I'm not a Hirling begging to do God's Work!

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement