Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » Promote Something Christian   » Christian Care Services

Author Topic: Christian Care Services
Barbara17
Member # 7316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbara17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About a year ago I felt the Lord laying something on my heart - something that made me feel a little uncomfortable. He was telling me to leave my job and work for him.
The reason this made me feel uncomfortable? - I was a bit of a Jonah actually, I was in a well paid job, and taking this step of faith would unsettle everything. My husband (not yet a believer) would never understand and how would we live without my salary? So I did what Jonah did - I ignored God. But God does not like to be ignored and he soon showed me why I had to leave my job.
A few months later my boss called me into her office and said I would like to give you a pay rise, you have been a loyal employee and we want to reward you. I thought this is great. Then she said, we just need you to support us through our inspection. I said o.k. happy to help.
During my preparation for our goverment inspection I unearthed some rather disturbing paperwork - items I knew would lead to further investigation should the inspectors see them.
I felt angry and challenged my boss, I told her I hadn't realised we were operating underhandedly. She took the paperwork and said she would look into it - it had her signature on it and she pretended she didn't know anything about it.
From that moment on I was the target of bullying, derogatory remarks and snide comments.
I said sorry Lord you were right I should have left when you told me to - and I left.
I still didn't really know what I was supposed to do, so I signed on with an employment agency and then a few weeks later an old work colleague contacted me to see how I was doing. I jokingly said I should set up a Care Agency myself - a christian run agencY - she said I was just going to suggest the same thing if you need any help I am here.
I prayed about it and discussed it with other christians and felt that this was what God wanted me to do.
And that is exactly what I do - I run a Christian homecare agency, I send christian carers out into the community to care for the elderley and by their honesty, integrity and the love of Jesus shining through them they are able to introduce these elderley persons into community activities held within local churches. This subtle introduction to the church works very well as friendships are formed and further introductions to church services are met positively.
We believe that by our works and our example our clients are led to ask questions about our faith - and they do, Praise the Lord!.

We are currently raising funds to buy a mini-bus to transport our elderley and infirm to the churches, as you can imagine there are often complex mobility needs and to have a specially adapted mini-bus would be so much more comfortable for them than squeezing into our small cars.

So please pray for us and our continued ministry in the Grimsby and Cleethorpes area of the UK, pray for the funds we need to be provided - if it is his will of course.
Thankyou and God Bless you all who read this and pray for us and our clients.

Barbara.
Alpha Care
Unit 10, Cleethorpes Business Centre
Jackson Place
Grimsby
DN36 4AS

Posts: 2 | From: Grimsby | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement