Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » Promote Something Christian   » Best Bible version to Bible program

Author Topic: Best Bible version to Bible program
PetriFB
Advanced Member
Member # 4979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PetriFB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ECM:
I don't know about KJV 1611. What is 1611? The year it was printed? KJV is written in a very old style of English. You might want to consider NKJV (New King James Version) or personally and prayerfully do a comparison of various Bible versions before making a descision.

Incidentally, my husband was born in Helsinki and grew up there. He was 17 when he moved to the U.S.--a looooong time ago. [Smile]

PS: He's not yet a believer [Confused]
but he will be [clap2]

Ok... say to your hubby hyvää päivää, let's see that does he still remember any Finnish ...lol

May GBU ..

Posts: 162 | From: Finland | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ECM
Advanced Member
Member # 7097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ECM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know about KJV 1611. What is 1611? The year it was printed? KJV is written in a very old style of English. You might want to consider NKJV (New King James Version) or personally and prayerfully do a comparison of various Bible versions before making a descision.

Incidentally, my husband was born in Helsinki and grew up there. He was 17 when he moved to the U.S.--a looooong time ago. [Smile]

PS: He's not yet a believer [Confused]
but he will be [clap2]

--------------------
Smile, God loves you.

Posts: 22 | From: Monroe, WA | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PetriFB
Advanced Member
Member # 4979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PetriFB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by becauseHElives:
as far as the English language goes I think the most accurate translation is the KJV 1611...

Thanks ......
Posts: 162 | From: Finland | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
as far as the English language goes I think the most accurate translation is the KJV 1611...

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PetriFB
Advanced Member
Member # 4979

Hi, a Christian man called Jari Iivanainen (A Finn) is going to make the Bible program (websites) and he wanted to know what English Bible version is good to use in that program. The Bible program will include different subject areas with Bible verses. By that way you can find verses to subjects you are looking for.

You can familiarize Jari through his websites: http://koti.phnet.fi/elohim/harvestenglish

The Bible program will be completed about June or July 2008, and I will inform about it all of you.

Jari would appreciate your suggestion to which version is best to use that he can choose a good version to that program. I suggest to him KJV (1611), but he wanted to hear as much as possible suggestions, so thank you to you all, who will answer!

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement