Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » Promote Something Christian   » Christian Retreat

Author Topic: Christian Retreat
peh
Advanced Member
Member # 4446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for peh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To the end of providing a place where Christian refugees from the world could escape, I bought acreage in eastern Kentucky. I was, at the time, unaware that the only access possible into the property was a single deeded access road which first crosses my nearest neighbor's back yard. Suffice it to say, I am not going to subject them, and their tiny children, to public access on that driveway.

So, if you are looking for a place to build a refuge for yourself and family, this would probably do well. It's big enough for multiple dwellings, but I'm hoping to find a buyer that will NOT subdivide it for speculation. I would be willing to sell it in separate parcels, though, if you don't need the full 9.22 acres.

It is grand for a mini-farm and could make a family or even more than one family relatively self-sufficient in a fairly short time. The land already has all public utilities on it, except for a separate septic tank [which was sized for up to a 4-bedroom house].

The utility installation was costly but all means of connection to water and electricity are included in the sale price. The electric box carries 220 amps so is sufficient for a large house. There is a large security light installed that comes on at night. There is an upright water faucet in the front yard for washing vehicles or use in watering animals, plants, or crops. All permits have been acquired and paid for.

The land is wooded, has some level spots, and some rolling slopes, and is partially cleared. There are beautiful trees, a small creek and, right now, multiple species of wildflowers in bloom. Deer roam the acreage and are fairly tame in non-hunting season times.

Land in Kentucky is not as expensive as in most states, but it isn't free either. Since I'm not able to use it for the purpose I bought it for, and have a home in the city, I'm desirous of selling the land so that I can buy a bigger parcel with better access for a public campground type of refuge.

Since there are already hookups for electricity and water, you are welcome to bring a camper or RV and park awhile, listen to the quiet and decide if Kentucky is for you. Right now, the leaves are changing, and the air is getting cooler. Those who have lived here longer htan I say that they expect a strong winter to come, so if you're coming better make it quick.

By the end of October, you will have missed the best the Smokies have to offer, namely the terrific views of God's handiwork in the trees.

The land is about 14 miles off Interstate 75 at the Corbin, KY exit 25. If you want to look at it or park there for a time, you can contact me here by pm.

--------------------
St. Peh
I don't know everything but I know the One Who does.

Posts: 255 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement