Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » Promote Something Christian   » Truckstop Chaplains needed

Author Topic: Truckstop Chaplains needed
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 18 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am putting out a call to see if anyone would like to volunteer to work at a truckstop Chapel.

I volunteer as a chaplain at a truckstop Chapel for a non-denominational ministry called Transport For Christ (TFC)

They have 27 truckstop Chapels throughout the US and Canada. The Chapels are truck trailers converted to a Chapel and are placed at a truckstop. The Chapels are staffed and opened 7 days a week.

We are in need of volunteers to help man them. [1zhelp] Services are held on Sunday mornings and evenings, and a Bible study on Wed evenings. The rest of the time they are open for drivers to come in for fellowship, Biblical advice (counciling), prayer and evangelisum. TFC trains their volunteers.

Truck driving is a very lonely profession, [crying] especially for Christians. It is hard for them to have fellowship with other believers, or get to a Church. They have no place else to turn when they are on the road, away from home for weeks on end. To have a place to go for fellowship and prayer is like an oasis of heaven in the desert. [clap2]

I live in Nebraska and drive to Denver (180 miles each way) to volunteer 1 weekend a month (1-10 PM Fri, 7am-10pm Sat, and Sunday morning worship service). I use to be a truck driver, and thats how I came to know The Lord. It's a blessing to beable to be used by the Lord in a ministry like this

Even if you could give 3 hours and month it would be appreciated. Or if your talented musically, like playing guitar, keyboard, or leading in singing you could be of great help. It is a great ministry for someone who is retired, and has time on their hands

Check out the webpage for chapel locations and more details. www.transportforchrist.org. And send me an email if you have any questions.

[Prayer] Please prayerfully consider helping out anyway you can, it's well worth it.

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement