Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Question about novel writing

Author Topic: Question about novel writing
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 3 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie8
Member # 10806

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for the responses--I appreciate them.

I have recently had something happen in my life this week that is as close to a sign as I could ever get that writing is what I should be doing. I am hoping that is what it is meant as.

The last response bothers me a bit in that it implies that if I am rich (which I am far from), then that is bad. While I get what you mean, I am not looking to become a millionare or anything. If I would be so lucky as to do well in writing, I would like to spend time volunteering and giving to charity. So I hope "wealth" is not what your point was.

Again, thank you for the time it took to respond, everyone.

Posts: 2 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 2 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good place to start is from what Christ said before the cross.

Luke 16

19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.

30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaplain Bob
Advanced Member
Member # 5019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaplain Bob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While I want to agree with Bob I believe when you are writing fiction you can write whatever you want any way you want. The idea is to write what will sell. But if you want an overlying Christian theme then ask God's guidance.

--------------------
In His Service,
Bob Allen

Posts: 209 | From: Checotah, Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TB125
Advanced Member
Member # 2450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TB125   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Write what the Lord is leading you to write, but don't distort the truth of God's word to do so. That will be hard to do, particularly since it will be a work of "fiction".

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 449 | From: Rockford Illinois | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie8
Member # 10806

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there,
I've been working on writing a novel (first one) and it has Christian themes. It is not a Christian novel, but it deals with the afterlife and the end of time. What I'm worried about is, is it okay to be writing about something like the end of time (through Revelations prophecy) and everything that would go with that? I feel like my writing is connecting me more with God because I am researching all of this and am confronting the idea of death and the afterlife, but I wanted to hear others' opinions.

Posts: 2 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement