Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Is the Wailing Wall a holy place for Christians too?

Author Topic: Is the Wailing Wall a holy place for Christians too?
Chaplain Bob
Advanced Member
Member # 5019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaplain Bob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many Christians go there out of ignorance thinking that by being there or in the "Holy Land" their prayers are more likely to be heard by God or their lives will somehow be enriched. There is no Scriptural evidence for this.

--------------------
In His Service,
Bob Allen

Posts: 209 | From: Checotah, Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The wall don't mean much to me because I look not to the past kingdom but the one the Lord will bring with His return.

--------------------
God's word is truth

Posts: 303 | From: TN | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These links might help:

http://www.gotquestions.org/Wailing-Wall.html

http://www.gotquestions.org/Herod-third-temple.html

http://www.gotquestions.org/Dome-of-the-Rock.html

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alex_G_Kotel
First Post
Member # 10715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alex_G_Kotel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is well known that the Western Wall (Wailing Wall) in Jerusalem is considered to be a sacred site in Judaism.
In recent years, great number of tourists come at the Wailing Wall as it is also an attractive tourist destination.
Many political leaders visit the Wailing Wall, expressing support for Israel (the Wall is disputed by Israel and the Palestinians). All this does not cause issues.
I'm interested in something else: Many Christians come here to pray. Even Pope Benedict XVI and Pope John Paul II visited the Western Wall and left notes with prayers (see e.g. prayer2kotel.net)
There is a lot of information, why this site is a sacred one in Judaism (Temple of Herod) and Islam (Dome of the Rock), but I didn't find any information in the Christian sources.
Could you help me? web page

Posts: 1 | From: Israel | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement