Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Question about how/why you use this site. Please answer

Author Topic: Question about how/why you use this site. Please answer
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
from http://internet-churches.com/purpose.htm

Internet Churches Purpose

Home
Internet Church is a slightly different than the modern day brick and mortar churches. In these churches, only the Pastor or Preacher/Teacher speaks and the people are mostly spectators.

Do you ever wonder what the born-again Christians sitting in the pews think and believe?

In 1 Corinthians 14:26 we are given one of the few glimpses of how they actually worshiped in the New Testament. When they gathered together everyone was expected to participate. "What then shall we say, brothers? When you come together, everyone has a hymn, or a word of instruction, a revelation, a tongue or an interpretation. All of these must be done for the strengthening of the church." In this verse we see a church where people not only attended a worship service but were expected to contribute in some way. The worship service was not the place to be if someone wanted to be a spectator! It is no wonder the New Testament church experienced tremendous growth. This kind of participation is very different from what we have in most churches today.

With the advent of the Internet church, now every pew-sitting born-again can access the world via the Internet right in their home. Discovering that there is quite a difference of opinion of the meaning of scriptures among these pew-sitting born-again Christians who have their computers hooked up to the Internet. We can post things about the Bible from our homes, ask questions, give opinions and interact with other Christians all over the world 24/7/365 and not just on Sundays and Wednesdays. The denominational walls are coming down as one really don’t know what denomination you are, or even if you are in a certain denomination.

Overall, we believe that the LORD God of Israel is DELIGHTED with the Internet Church and with the electronic Bibles. Click here http://christianbbs.net/ and give it a try.

The Online Church is designed to bring the best of the digital Online Church to your home. Join us in interactive live Church services via streaming audio, video, live Christian chatroom, live chatroom Bible studies and BBS Message Boards using interactive messages. This is not to take place of the local Church but to strengthen it. Come join us today.

To provide an alternative for traditional "church" for the following groups of people:

Christians who are "drop outs" of the Institutionalized Christian church, for whatever reason, and desire some outside stimulation for spiritual growth.

People who are "housebound" or are physically unable to attend a traditional church.

People who have tired of the traditional church environment consisting of an emphasis on: collecting money, building a pastoral empire, church building programs, and multi-layered church programs that dilute the call to know Jesus personally.

Christians who are in a church but believe they are not being fed on the truths of the Bible.

People who are single, single parents or married couples who want a method of introducing biblical teaching into their lives on a flexible schedule (one that you determine rather than the institution of church determines).

The non-Christian, a method is provided whereby they may examine the claims of Christ and either decide in a positive manner to accept what He has said about Himself in the Scriptures as truth, or to reject who He said He was and is today.

Those who may have a church in their home, or are participating in a home church setting and are looking for study materials to be used in conjunction with their home church activities.

Those in the church who have not yet been released to function under the headship of Christ without the use of intermediaries and hierarchical control.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Proverbs 27: 17 Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joshua24
Member # 8373

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joshua24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone. It is for an Intro to Worship course. I am investigating churches that have extensions that meet online. The way I came across this christian message board is from http://internet-churches.com/purpose.htm that has posted a link to this site under fellowship. I was curious if those who wrote on this site actually attended solely an online church. The internet church site is really not an online church. Thanks for your feedback!

In case you are wondering there are online churches that have online extensions that worship online including small groups that meet in physical locations or solely online. I attended a service a couple of days ago online that included people from 36 countries at the same time including communist countries. http://live.lifechurch.tv/ is probably the best example of one that meets. They have 40 times a week when people gather together for services and extension small groups that meet in places like Dublin, San Antonio, and online. It is stretching as you begin to understand the scope of what is happening.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty states:

quote:
Betty Louise

Advanced Member
Member # 7175

posted November 04, 2010 01:47 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Do you use this site in place of physically going to church?
no

2. How does a site like this benefit you?
Christian fellowship and learning from others

3. If you do physically attend a church, do you find better spiritual community online than at your church?

I love my Church family and I love the people here too. (even you, Barrykind, who drives me up the wall most days [Wink]

--------------------
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 1477 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008 | IP: Logged |

i added the bold so i could find this quote easier... [Smile] [hug]

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no

Christian fellowship and learning from others

3. If you do physically attend a church, do you find better spiritual community online than at your church?

I love my Church family and I love the people here too. (even you, Barrykind, who drives me up the wall most days [Wink]

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by joshua24:
I am writing a paper for a class on those who use Christian message boards. Any information will be helpful.

Thanks

No as this cannot fulfill:
Heb. 10:25Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Our participation keeps us in the Word and helps us to garner greater understanding of "This We Believe". Tools which are frequently used gather less rust. As Brother Dale quoted, "Iron sharpens iron".

No.

There can be no comparison as one gathers in a local fellowship with like-minded Brethren, and all pull together. Online lacks the unity of purpose and immediate support of a family of faith. All the millions of pages of typed-in words cannot replace the physical holding of a hand, a hug, a personal presence at the bedside of a sick or dieing Brother or Sister in Christ. A joining together in prayer with a hand on shoulder in time of desperate need.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

answer... No

answer...Proverbs 27: 17 Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

3.If you do physically attend a church, do you find better spiritual community online than at your church?

answer... No

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
joshua24

What class are you taking?

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry44
Advanced Member
Member # 8375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry44   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by joshua24:
I am writing a paper for a class on those who use Christian message boards. Any information will be helpful.

Thanks

1. No
2. its fun for a christian.
3. No

--------------------
http://wordoftruth.freeforums.org/index.php

Posts: 63 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joshua24
Member # 8373

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joshua24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Thanks

Posts: 4 | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement