Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » problems

Author Topic: problems
BurgerGirl
Community Member
Member # 8256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BurgerGirl         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would be nice. I'll email you now.
Posts: 18 | From: Hillsboro | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sha'ul
Advanced Member
Member # 8294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sha'ul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
burgergirl, if it would be ok with you, my wife and I would love to be your friends whom you can turn to for Bible study, prayer or what ever. Even if it via the computer. www.shmayisrael7@yahoo.com Shalom, Sha'ul
Posts: 32 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BurgerGirl
Community Member
Member # 8256

Icon 10 posted      Profile for BurgerGirl         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sha'ul
that's just it, i have no christian friends or family. i lost all of my friends both christian & non as well. my family is of no help. i will do as you suggested, though. thank you.

Posts: 18 | From: Hillsboro | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sha'ul
Advanced Member
Member # 8294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sha'ul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The one thing I want to start out with is that in no way shape or form does God ever want us alone. Scripture says, Blessed is the man who falls and has someone to help him up, whoa unto the man who falls and has no one to help. Therefore it is not His intention for us to ever be alone. Next, if the body of Messiah around you,(i.e. church,family,christian friends etc.)are not being there for you, than they are failing you. Unfortunately that's true more often than not. I've been walking with God for sometime now and there have been many times that I was all alone in my spiritual battles. One of the things that started to give me peace was first I came to the realization that I truly didn't need anyone but God to get through anything. Second I asked God to send me someone who would actually be there for me in prayer,fellowship as well as spiritual guidance as long as it was biblically based and not of there own words. I've lost about everyfriend I've ever had, non christian and christian because of my walk with God, because I wouldn't compromise His word. Then God started sending like minded people my way and led me to a small congregation that is not only there for me anytime I need them but I can return the favor as well plus go truly by the word of God and doesn't care about numbers or any of that other superficial junk. The devil will always work our minds and emotions to tear us down, he knows that those are our weak points, that's why Yeshua(Jesus) told us to renew our minds daily and make our thoughts captive unto Him. With that said, I encourage you, please stay constant in prayer, constant in the word,understand the more your nose is in the word, the stronger your faith and confidence in God helping you grows and the less ammo the devil can use on you. I would encourage you as I have others read Psalm 91(God's promise of protection) and Ephesians 6:10-18 The Armor of God, read them both every morning as a prayer over yourself. Carry your Bible with you everywhere. I have a Bible for home, work and church. That way if I get free time or even go to the bathroom I can read a few verses. I promise you because of what HE promises that you'll feel stronger and more encouraged. Read Jeremiah 29:11-13. I truly hope that God blesses this response and that it helps. Just know I will pray for you. Shalom, Sha'ul
Posts: 32 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BurgerGirl
Community Member
Member # 8256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BurgerGirl         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i've been a christian for almost 10 yrs. now. i've been having some problems. i've been unable to find a church that seems appropriate. around here it's more about the body count and commercial issues. i've also discovered that this has become a rather lonely walk. it seems like the only one who's there in my life 24/7 is Christ. he's always there and always a comfort. i feel as though i'm getting pulled away from everyone in my life more and more because they don't understand me and i keep being told i'm to blame for everything. it's been very discouraging. i get criticized for any emotion i show. anything i say gets picked apart. i don't understand what's going on. if it's me or them. i'm getting very discouraged & i don't know what to do. is it possible that God would want a christian to be alone in life for several years for some reason i don't know about? perhaps working on something in me or in those in my life that seem so unaccepting of me? it got worse after i became a christian because they are not & i can't just cut my family & the one friend i have out of my life. any thoughts?

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement