Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Romans 11:16-26

Author Topic: Romans 11:16-26
John Hale
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Olive Tree

-

The destination of physical Jews (natural branches) if they believe (or they are cut off or pruned). And can be grafted back in if they do not persist in unbelief.

The destination of believing Gentiles (wild branches that are grafted in).

Question session:

Did the tree change?

Did it predate what is referred to as the Church of Acts 2?

Even though the covenants changed, once again, did the tree change?

Is this not the Jewishness referred to by Paul?

Romans 2:28-29 (NASB 1995)
28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh.
29 But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that which is of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter; and his praise is not from men, but from God.

And also what he referred to as distinguishing the two Israels?

Romans 9:6 (NASB 1995)
6 But it is not as though the word of God has failed. For they are not all Israel who are descended from Israel;

And another way of saying this?

Philippians 3:3 (NASB 1995)
3 for we are the true circumcision, who worship in the Spirit of God and glory in Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh,

And is this not indicative of the adoption of all who believe into the spirit house of Israel?

Jeremiah 31:31-34 (NASB 1995)
31 Behold, days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah,
32 not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them,” declares the Lord.
33 But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days,” declares the Lord, “I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.
34 They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them,” declares the Lord, “for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”

No mention of Gentiles or pagans is found... yet clearly God's plan was...

Romans 1:16 (NASB 1995)
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

Was God short sighted? That he did not foresee the Gentiles believing that he did not mention the assembly (ekklesia / church) here instead of "the house of Israel and the house of Judah?"

And why make this statement?

Galatians 6:16 (NASB 1995)
16 And those who will walk by this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, and upon the Israel of God.

What about the Gentile Church of God?

Because maybe, just maybe the Bible indicates they are one and the same (spirit Israel spirit Jew true circumcision {which can include females} of the heart...)...

Isn't it time we put down our prejudices and let the Bible speak for itself?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement