Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Endure Unto the End (Matthew 24:13)

Author Topic: Endure Unto the End (Matthew 24:13)
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sad but true Betty. If only they would give their lives to Christ now, while we are in the age of Grace, they would not have to suffer the Tribulation.
Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Those believers on earth during this terrible period, who endure in their faith, will be saved when the Lord comes at the end and delivers them."

Great point, Carol,
Of course many Christians will be killed during the tribulation.

betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your topic title is Matthew 24:13.

I believe that Matthew 24:1-44 indicates that our Lord was discussing events that will take place on earth during the time of Tribulation. (See Matt. 24:8, where “birth-pangs” are a symbol of the Tribulation; and see also Matt. 24:21, 29). After the church has been suddenly taken out of the world, there will be a period of “peace and safety” (1 Thes. 5:1-4) followed by a time of terrible suffering. Many Bible scholars believe this period will last seven years (Dan. 9:24-27). It is this period of “Tribulation” that Jesus described in the Olivet Discourse. At the end of that period, Jesus will return to the earth, defeat His foes, and establish the promised kingdom.

Matthew 24:13 has nothing to do with personal salvation in this present age of grace. “The end” does not mean the end of this life; it refers to the end of the age (Matt. 24:14). Those believers on earth during this terrible period, who endure in their faith, will be saved when the Lord comes at the end and delivers them.

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brother Paul
Advanced Member
Member # 7959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brother Paul   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"and they have gone out from us because they were not of us"

If one believes God (like father Abraham) one cannot come to a place where they do not...
anymore than one can deny their own mother is indeed their mother. If you know God, you cannot NOT know him suddenly...now if you are saying you KNOW God is real and you believe in Him (the devils also believe and tremble) but insist on being your own lord (Genesis 3:5) then you are a child of disobedience and will be thrown into the fire...you are a devil...or else you are a liar and decieve yourself...at any rate you will be condemned...

Now as for Hell, it is not that if you do not accept Jesus He sends you there, the fact is you are already going there and Christ is your only hope of escape (Romans 6:23)

Brother Paul

Posts: 235 | From: Cambridge, MA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1 Corinthians 9:24

24 Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ezekiel 13:20
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The parable of the sower in Matthew 13 may help you. Read the whole chapter.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Zagginator,

Its nice to meet you.

Your post seemed kind of confusing to me because when you initially said...."I stopped doing all these things" (in the first part of your post) I assumed that it meant you also stopped believing in Christ. Then in the latter part of your post you stated that you still believe all the things that a Christian believes.

It seems to me that you would have been more accurate to begin your post by saying that you have stopped doing SOME (not ALL)of the things previously stated, because you didnt stop believing in Jesus.

I believe that God is the only one who can answer this question for you. If your change in behavior reflects a defection from the faith.......God only knows your heart.
If your change in behavior reflects a purposeful rebellion on your part......I pray that you repent and re-align yourself with Gods will(for His glory). If your change in behavior reflects a loss of hope in God, I hope that you have not been dissillusioned by some false expectation.

With love in Christ, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi zagginator [wave3]

Welcome to the Christian BBS.

Salvation is to be born again.

John 3:3 (NLT)
Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, unless you are born again, you cannot see the Kingdom of God.”

Our Lord Jesus Christ is the Author and Finisher of our faith, and He will be faithful to complete what He has begun in us.

If we abide in His Word and in His love, then we will be fruitful. The fruit, and the good deeds, are the Holy Spirit working through us.

Being a Christian is not a matter of what we do, but a matter of the Holy Spirit living in us, transforming us, and working through us.

I believe that Matthew 24 is about the end times and speaks to Tribulation Saints. They will not have the indwelling Holy Spirit to seal them and perform all the ministries He does for us living in the age of Grace. They will be persecuted for their faith. They must endure a great deal.

zagginator
First Post
Member # 8091

Icon 7 posted      Profile for zagginator     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a question. Let's say I become a Christian. I've accepted the trinity as one God; I believe in the deity of Christ; I believe in salvation by faith and grace alone; I believe in the physical resurrection of the Savior; and I believe in biblical inerrancy. I join the "Body of Christ". I pay tithing. I repent of my sins and help others. Then a couple years later, I stop doing all these things. I don't hang out with my Christian friends. I don't participate in social service. I don't pay tithing anymore. But I still profess to be a Christian. I still believe what Christians believe. I just don't do what Christians do. What happens to me in the next life? Will I be punished for not doing enough? Will I still go to heaven?
Posts: 1 | From: California | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement