Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Personal Sorrow, Disappointment, and Happiness

Author Topic: Personal Sorrow, Disappointment, and Happiness
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Lisa [wave3]

I also welcome you to the Christian BBS.

I too seem to also spend more time in the valley than I like.

but it is my understanding the most abundant and best quality fruit and vegetable are produced in the valley.

Carol has shared some good advice....

learn about the child of Yahweh's Adversary and his devises, don't let him still your "JOY".

You can have happiness in a prison as Paul and Silas had....and Corrie and Betsy Ten Boom had...and many others

many Martyrs had total peace and happiness as the waited and were killed....

I personally am in tremendous pain every waking moment, except for the 3 or 4 hours a night when I knock myself out with sleeping pills and pain meds...

it is so frustrating not to do the things I once enjoyed ...

but I refuse to give up....I love my wife, my children, my grandchildren....

my dad as long as I can remember sang a little song, its not scripture but it is truth....

and no matter what our circumstances, we can make it a practice in our life....

here goes

I tune up my fiddle and I rosin my bow and I make myself happy where ever I go.

Lisa, go with Yahweh, for if you are His child He goes with you....

He is your Happiness

love in Christ
dale

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Lisa

Welcome to the Christian BBS. I seem to also spend more time in the valley than I like. But learning a little about the bad guy has helped me.

Satan is also called the Adversary. He opposes us in our walk with God. He uses many tricks and devices. One of his tactics is to send a "spirit of heaviness" upon us. When we recognize this, we are able to overcome him easily.

Ephesians 6:11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles (methods - cunning, crafts) of the devil.

THE SPIRIT OF HEAVINESS

Isaiah 61:3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness ; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.

SPIRIT is "ruwach". This is the same word used for all spiritual life and beings, including God. It is used also of breath and air. It does not mean "a feeling" or attitude.

This is not man's own spirit, which is called "the spirit of man".

This is not God's spirit, nor can it be from God.

It is a demonic spirit.

HEAVINESS means "somewhat dark 5, darkish 1, wax dim 1, smoking 1, heaviness 1; 9 dim, dull, colourless, be dark, faint". It is a word used in the bible to describe:

the effect of a plague darkening the skin,
the dimness of the eyes in old age,
a fire gone out of a flax (reed), still smoking and not extinguished.
a heavy spirit.

THE EFFECT OF A SPIRIT OF HEAVINESS

It darkens our countenance: Our hearts are down cast. This spirit brings a "heaviness" over us..

It dims our vision, robs our hope. The room may actually look darker.

It brings a heavy, oppressive feeling. It quenches our faith.

It may come over many at once , like a plague.

It can be like a cloud, hanging over a place.

It causes us to isolate, it steals our love, makes us feel alone.

OVERTHROWING THE SPIRIT OF HEAVINESS

Recognize it. This is not you, you are a child of God. This is not God's will for you. Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

Don't believe anything negative you think under it's influence. Accept no criticism of yourself or others. 2 Corinthians 10:5 We destroy arguments and every proud obstacle to the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ.

Put on the Garment of Praise (Is 61:3) This literally means to be "Wrapped Up In Praise". God has given it to you to put on. Take action including adoration, thanksgiving, singing and glorifying. Get loud, get definite, aggressive! Wrestle it down (Eph.6) and break into the anointing.

FOLLOW THESE STEPS AND YOU WILL GET A VICTORY OVER THIS TACTIC OF THE ADVERSARY.

[hug]

Click on this link. Watch the video all the way to the end (5 minutes).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkOj8NudEUs&feature=related

God bless you Lisa, and Happy New Year.

Oh, and you might benefit from this post:

http://thechristianbbs.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=006646#000000

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa MC-D
First Post
Member # 6687

Icon 20 posted      Profile for Lisa MC-D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the joy of knowing my Lord. I know for certain He reigns, I will join Him one day, and He works all for His good according to His Will. My questions are about living with sorrow and without "earthly" happiness. I have known much sorrow most of my life. I have given up expecting to be happy. I have come to the conclusion that it is unreasonable to expect to be happy. Is it possible to exist as a Christian and not know any joy or happiness with the life we live? I have been of the opinion that no where in the Bible does our Lord guarantee us happiness. Is it that I just am not content and have that confused with happiness? I am looking to be content, as in Philippians. I figure that anything like sorrow that drives me to my knees crying out to Him is not a bad thing. Is it possible that to have a successful walk with the Lord, I MUST be sad or disappointed? Thanks, Lisa
Posts: 1 | From: Princeton, NJ USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement