Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » God's view on Separation & Divorce

Author Topic: God's view on Separation & Divorce
Lineman
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God Hates Divorce

In Malachi, chapter two, God's people are accused of two forms of treachery, infidelity to God's covenant and infidelity to the marriage covenant.

The priests are condemned for not teaching and warning the people. "'And now, O priests, this commandment is for you. If you will not hear, and if you will not take it to heart, to give glory to My name,' says the Lord of hosts, 'I will send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings. Yes, I have cursed them already, because you do not take it to heart'" (Malachi 2:1,2).

The priests had corrupted God's covenant with them. "For the lips of a priest should keep knowledge, and people should seek the law from his mouth; for he is the messenger of the Lord of hosts. But you have departed from the way; you have caused many to stumble at the law" (Malachi 2:7,8).

Those appointed by God to teach the law were causing people to reject the law.

God told them He would dishonour them for this, "because you have not kept My ways but have shown partiality in the law" (Malachi 2:9).

These unfaithful priests were tolerating infidelity to God. In Scripture, God's relationship with His people is often portrayed as a marriage. "Judah has dealt treacherously, and an abomination has been committed in Israel and in Jerusalem, for Judah has profaned the Lord's institution which He loves: he has married the daughter of a foreign god" (Malachi 2:11).

God no longer heeded their prayers. He no longer accepted their offerings. Why? "Because the Lord has been witness between you and the wife of your youth, with whom you have dealt treacherously; yet she is your companion and your wife by covenant" (Malachi 2:14).

These unfaithful priests were tolerating marital infidelity and divorce.

Oneness in Spirit is required to produce godly offspring. "But did He not make them one, having a remnant of the Spirit? And why one? He seeks godly offspring. Therefore take heed to your spirit, and let none deal treacherously with the wife of his youth" (Malachi 2:15).

God hates divorce because of the damage it does. "For the Lord God of Israel says that He hates divorce, 'for it covers one's garment with violence,' says the Lord of hosts. 'Therefore take heed to your spirit, that you do not deal treacherously'" (Malachi 2:16).

And what was the response of the unfaithful priests to all this infidelity? They said that "everyone who does evil is good in the sight of the Lord, and He delights in them" (Malachi 2:17).

God still hates divorce because of the damage it does. He still charges His messengers to teach the truth without partiality. He is still displeased when that which is evil, is called good.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lineman
unregistered

oops...meant to type "alone" instead of "along"

sorry

God Bless

Lineman
unregistered

Hi Leah, I think you're not along in this situation. I would encourage you to research this in your bible. I believe that it is God's will for your marriage to work. Here are some very good resources for you to look into:

The marriage prayer
The husband in the mirror

I hope that you find these helpful.

God Bless

TB125
Advanced Member
Member # 2450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TB125   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Wombataustrali7,
Believe me when I say that I've had a lot of experience with divorce and separations. I've been married to my wife for about 19 years, but this is my 4th wife. I've been divorced twice before, and I divorced my first wife after 25 years of marriage. In the middle of all this I've been engaged to another woman, but that engagement was broken. I've been in other relationships, but they didn't last.

You can not be happily married by seeking to be happy. Happiness is not something that you can achieve by seeking it. It is a blessing, a fullfilling joy, that is received when you are serving God and others in love according to his will.

Rather than looking for a way to get away from Anthony, I would encourage you to look for ways that you can love him more. Believe me, I know that won't be easy, but God can bless you both if you seek his loving will. For some helpful instructions regarding what is good, see my website on "Christianity and what is good forever" at http://christianityetc.org. May God bless you with a new beginning.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 449 | From: Rockford Illinois | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
please listen to this message....

i will respond more after you have commented about the message...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBHX60Zle6g

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wombataustralia7
Member # 7893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wombataustralia7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[BooHoo] My name is Leah and I have a little problem. I am currently married to Anthony, whom I have known for 19 years. Most of those 19 years I have been married to Anthony. During this time it already includes one divorce from him. I just want to know what Father God's and Jesus Christ's view is on Separation & Divorce.

I am not happily married to say the least. And before we go any further, Anthony does not hit or phsyically abuse me. He does yell alot and maybe verbally abuse me, but other than that he is always on my case about being fat, of which I am fat. And I am now on a special doctors diet for Blood Pressure.

Now the question. I am not in love with Anthony, period. I do not like having sex with Anthony as I feel partly violated, because I am not in love and as God says in the Bible somewhere of which I cannot quote. Do not deny your husband, and the husband is not to deny the wife in a intimate way.

I just want to move on from Anthony, there is no 3rd party for me or Anthony. Just us. Like I say, I do not deny Anthony intimacy only on the odd occasion. This is a very hard topic for me to discuss.

If I was to leave Anthony for good, and go for a 2nd and final Divorce what would God or Jesus say.

Be brutally honest with me....I need to know where I stand. I will say whilst I'm here, that a friend R Smitz, said I was under no circumstance to Divorce Anthony, it is taboo and is not in the Bible. But people, I can no longer stand living with Anthony. Anthony is a giver but he is also a drill sargent as well.

So for those of you that can and will reply to my question I thank you from the bottom of my heart, any replies will be greatly received.

From Leah. [thumbsup2]

Posts: 4 | From: Healesville, Victoria, AUSTRALIA | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement