Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » a little humor on the rapture issue (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: a little humor on the rapture issue
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gramajo320

Thanks hon. God bless for your encouragment. I honestly had written this thread to bring some smiles. But, some people seem to like to spit and throw stones at anyone that disagrees with them. Unfortantly, this bitterness leads to them having no sense of humor.
Oh, well God knew my heart. Thanks again for making me feel better.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Favorminded and Texas Grandma,

Another amen to your postings for I stand in agreement with you! God bless you always!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trenton D. Adams
unregistered

Oh, and by the way. I've had hard fast proof the other way too.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see at the end. [Smile] I'm fine with waiting to find out who's right.

I would love to get an easy, early trip out of here, that would be fabulous. There's no danger in that. There's only danger in thinking that there will be a great sign (if there will be), such as millions disappearing, before His return. This could potentially cause the entire world to be looking for His returning. Doesn't sound very biblical to me. But, that's just my opinion, which I am entitled to, according to the earthly way of thinking anyhow. [Smile]

Gramajo320
unregistered

Favorminded,

Amen to your posting that is so very true! God bless you always!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

Trenton D. Adams
unregistered

To speak that I know he's not coming yet is not against the Word of God.

Continually Yashua said "until these things happens, I will not return".

Favor Minded
unregistered

Approx 28% is dedicated to end times prophecy.

How can ANYONE deny that Christ could return ANY time.

To deny pretrib is to deny the imminent return.

To deny pretrib is to state that you KNOW Jesus IS NOT coming yet...

Just that simple truth alone should be enough to make you realize the falsehood that mid and post trib are built on...

As for knowing, I DO know... God gave it to me, tangibly. As I said before, no vision, no "I think this is it" - Just hard fast PROOF!

He gave it to me, straight up, so that I could build a web site with that info. And he brought millions and is continuing to bring millions to read it every month.

It IS TRUTH! It IS NOT Maybe...

Oh and Eagle...

IT IS NOT A CULT either....

TO continue to speak that you know Jesus is not coming yet is to speak against the Word of God...

Trenton D. Adams
unregistered

Texas Grandma, are any of us here claiming to be Seventh Day Adventists? If not, what was the purpose of that post? Are you saying that every seventh day doctrine must be wrong? Cause if you are, you better throw out a whole lot of what you believe too. Cause I guarantee that there will be some things you believe, that they do as well.

Sure, saturday is DEFINITELY the sabbath, but I'm not an SDA. Nor to I necessarily partake in the sabbath. I esteem every day alike. I seek continually, not just saturday.

Trenton D. Adams
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
It is ironic that you speak of condescending when people who reject the pre-trib rapture are the most condescending people here!
You all seem to think that you have been enlighten more than the rest and someone more spiritual than anybody else. You come off as people who filled with self righteous pride.

Again I say, are you not prideful to know for sure that you're right that Yashua saves? I mean surely you should admit that you just might be wrong. That would be humble, would it not? I DON'T THINK SO, HELLO!

So, again I say. Knowing that you know the truth, and being prideful do not necessarily go hand in hand.

With your logic, the following statements would be true.

I know I'm a male, therefore I'm prideful.

I know that Yashua is the only way to heaven, therefore I'm prideful.

I know how to be free from sin, therefore I'm prideful.

I know that post-tribulation rapture is truth, and pre-trib is a lie of the enemy, therefore I'm prideful.

I know that there's a second coming, therefore I'm prideful.

What are talking about here? Do we have faith in pre-tribulation rapture, or Yashua? Sorry, it can't be both.

Trenton D. Adams
unregistered

quote:
I am looking forward to when the pre-trib rapture happens and you have to eat your words
betty

Like WhiteEagle said, err um, Yashua I mean, out of the heart the mouth speaks.
Trenton D. Adams
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by SoftTouch:
quote:
Originally posted by WhiteEagle:
I have as good a sense of humor as the next person, but I don't see anything funny in Texas Grandma's first post or any of the others the were supposed to be "lighthearted".

Unless one thinks jokes that condescend others are funny.

I'm sorry that you fail to see the humor. But I have to ask you and Trenton both... What is it that you are going to accomplish by constantly speaking against the pre-trib view (which you Know these folks hold to)? Do you think you will 'convince' them otherwise? I don't think that's going to happen. If anyone is to be convinced of anything, it's going to have to come to them from the Holy Spirit.

It's one thing to voice your opinion and convictions, but when you see that the people you're talking to are convinced about their own (on a Non-Essential Doctring - that Does Not Affect One's Salvation), isn't it more Loving (and in line with Scripture) to agree to disagree and then stop beating on the subject? We're not talking about Heresy here... that would be different and should never be tolerated... we're talking about differing interpretations of a non-essential doctrine.

I don't know how many different threads there are currently on this subject, but I'm seeing the same people just continuing to argue over this issue and it occurs to me that this isn't something the Lord would have us do.

Well SoftTouch, the Lord would have us debate about every doctrine. The doctrines of the End Times are a lot more essential than you know. Do you realize that huge portions of the Word of God are dedicated to this topic? I believe that in every single book of the bible there's a prophecy about the end times. Why is there so much on it, if the Lord doesn't care if we know the truth?

It's great to talk about these things. It's great to go over them, and over them, and over them.

If it's only by the Holy Spirit that people can know the truth, then let's stop preaching completely. Let's stop talking doctrine, let's stop debating about the Word of God in every way. Let's make church a nicey nice social club. Oh, right, that's what it already is, sorry my mistake! Sorry if you think this is rude to say, but it is true. I'm sick and tired of people walking in vanity, especially myself. It makes me angry to see this, and it makes the Lord angry too.

So, you're right, it is only by the Holy Spirit that we can know the truth, but most people can not receive the truth if they are not preached to. There's very few that were led to Yashua by Yashua himself.

Every single doctrine of the Word is VERY important. If God didn't think it was important, it wouldn't be in there.

I'm a computer programmer. I've been thinking of gathering all the verses that pertain to end times, and calculating what percentage of the Word is dedicated to the end times. I'll bet it's a REALLY big portion.

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 3 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I meant to add this to the bottom of my last post. I'd just like to remind everyone of these scriptures and then I'll leave y'all alone... [Smile]

1 Peter 1:15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;

1 Peter 2: 8 Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous:
9 Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.

2 Peter 1: 5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?currSection=sermonstopic&sermonID=93002184813

FACTS SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTISTS WON'T TELL YOU AT THEIR PROPHECY SEMINARS

SDA's won't tell you that it is the SDA church that is sponsoring the seminars.

SDA's consider themselves to be the only true, remnant church. All others will be condemned.

SDA's make your salvation dependent on observing the Saturday Sabbath.

If you receive Christ as Savior through the SDA's, only your past sins are forgiven up that point.

As an SDA you now enter a period of "investigative judgment",where every deed you do is recorded for judgment day.

As an SDA you will be encouraged to become a vegetarian (disregarding Paul's admonition that eating meat is acceptable).

SDA's will expect you to revere their founding prophetess. Ellen G. White. viewing her as having the "spirit of prophecy"referred to in the book of Revelation.

SDA's won't tell you that Mrs. White is a proven false prophetess. Her embarrassing early writings have been altered to cover this up.

SDA's won't tell you that early Adventists expected the literal second coming of Christ in 1843 and then in 1844, only to be disappointed both times.

SDA's won't tell you that their 1844 "investigative judgment"teaching was born out of an attempt to cover over this failed prophecy.

Their founder Mrs. White taught prior to this failed prophecy that the door to salvation was shut. This teaching had to be reinterpreted and altered after the failure of 1844.

The SDA church made this statement in their Ministry magazine in October 1981, and have never retracted it:

"We believe the revelation and inspiration of both the Bible and Ellen White's writings to be of equal quality. The superintendence of the Holy Spirit was just as careful and thorough in one case as in the other."

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty,

I am secure In Christ. Out of the heart your words are written.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Softtouch,

While the timing of the Rapture is a "non-essential" one for true Salvation, and whenever it occurs we all who are saved will be taken up, no matter what we believe....I seem to have a burden in this area to try to get people to at least be ready for the idea it might NOT be before Tribulation.

I'm not sure why It seems important to me right now, but it does.

God bless.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

"I have as good a sense of humor as the next person, but I don't see anything funny in Texas Grandma's first post or any of the others the were supposed to be "lighthearted".

Unless one thinks jokes that condescend others are funny."

The point was that it is more important that we be secure in Jesus than whether the rapture is pre, mid, or post.

It is ironic that you speak of condescending when people who reject the pre-trib rapture are the most condescending people here!
You all seem to think that you have been enlighten more than the rest and someone more spiritual than anybody else. You come off as people who filled with self righteous pride.
I am looking forward to when the pre-trib rapture happens and you have to eat your words
betty

--------------------

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
WhiteEagle

I worry about groups who say

"We use to believe in the Pre-Trib until we were enlightened!"

This is how cults start. Many leaders of cults started out as Christian Preachers but they became convinced that they had received a message that no denominational Church had. The guy that got those 500 people to drink poisoned Kool-Aid and the guy in Waco all started out reading from the Bible. But, they convinced themselves and their group that they had a new revelation from God.
Why has the Assemblies of God, the Baptist and other denominational Churches not changed their view? Simply because the Bible still supports a pre-trib rapture.
The 7th Day Adventist believes it is post but then they believe the book of Revelation already happened. Like Favor, I missed all that in history class when 1/3 of fish and everything in the water died. Even they changed their believe to Saturday worship when one person was "enlighted" Of course they did not mention at their prophecy seminar that the same woman believe all black people came from sex between men and apes.

Personally I think that the post rapture theory is a lie from the devil to convince people that they don't have to worry about getting right with God, because they have 7 years after the anti-christ is revealed to do so.
As far as the mark of the beast the 7th Day Adventist think everyone who goes to Church on Sunday already has taken the mark of the beast.
---------------------------------
BUT
this whole thing was started to show what is important is to be right with God. But the thing about cults is they make a whole relegion on one point. The Bible is more than that. I believe in the pre-trib but that is not my denomanation. I am Baptist. But, more than that I am a Chrisitan.
betty

Betty,

One thing about cults, is that they hold that their viewpoint is the Only Viewpoint. Any one who tries to show something different is considered to be "of the devil".

You never answered my questions either.

I've been to Baptist churches, Methodist Churches, Assembly of God Churches, and Penacostal Churches. I'm not impressed with how most denominations are run on the corporate level.
And they are a Business. They are more concerned with numbers of people, then trying to hear God's voice in many cases. I don't think any denomination could every reach a consensus to even consider trying the change something that Works for them.

It's sort of humorous that you consider that anyone who believes differently than you, is part of some cult. That's what a CULT does to people within it.

I willingly admit, I don't claim to KNOW how all the end times events will play out. I am very skepical of PRe-trib, after reading the Bible myself, and pondering and praying.

Pre-trib only seems supported by the Bible because you have added things to scripture, like Jesus is referring to the Jews in Matthew 24, and this is not said by scripture, but you've heard this separation of Jew and Christian for so long, that certain verses only pertain to the Jews, and other verses are for the Christians, that you are not reading the scriptures with an unbiased mind.

Paul declares boldly that there is neither Jew nor Greek, slave or free, rich or poor, but all who are in Christ are equal.

For the record, God does speak to us in these days. He still moves stones, He still is the same yesterday, today and forever. God's Word does not change, but our understanding of it, is NOT perfect. If God enlightens us, Praise God, we certainly need to be enlightened by His word every day.

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 9 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WhiteEagle:
I have as good a sense of humor as the next person, but I don't see anything funny in Texas Grandma's first post or any of the others the were supposed to be "lighthearted".

I'm sorry that you fail to see the humor. But I have to ask you and Trenton both... What is it that you are going to accomplish by constantly speaking against the pre-trib view (which you Know these folks hold to)? Do you think you will 'convince' them otherwise? I don't think that's going to happen. If anyone is to be convinced of anything, it's going to have to come to them from the Holy Spirit.

It's one thing to voice your opinion and convictions, but when you see that the people you're talking to are convinced about their own (on a Non-Essential Doctring - that Does Not Affect One's Salvation), isn't it more Loving (and in line with Scripture) to agree to disagree and then stop beating on the subject? We're not talking about Heresy here... that would be different and should never be tolerated... we're talking about differing interpretations of a non-essential doctrine.

I don't know how many different threads there are currently on this subject, but I'm seeing the same people just continuing to argue over this issue and it occurs to me that this isn't something the Lord would have us do.

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
Originally posted by Trenton D. Adams:
Yes WhiteEagle, those are a lot of the concerns that I have about the pre-trib belief system. It would be very easy to accept the mark of the beast before it's enforced because the anti-christ wouldn't necessarily be revealed at that time. By then it's too late.

The way I see it, there's no real danger in terms of people's salvation to believe in post-trib. At least not when you teach that we have to seek the Lord with all of our heart, otherwise we won't make it through the tribulation. Take the 10 wise virgins for instance. They are a perfect example of the tribulation. The wise stored up extra oil against that tribulation, but the foolish did not. It was then the wise that were able to enter the kingdom.

But there's always a danger in the pre-trib rapture view because you could get decieved into thinking things aren't what they seem. Also, because the times are so tough, people will give in, even though they fully know. Would someone allow their family to starve to death because they couldn't buy anything? If the had faith in Yashua, and had stored up that extra oil, they would be able to do that, if it came to that. But, Yashua will provide. I believe we will start seeing manna from heaven again.

You know, what the funny thing is? I believed in pre-trib rapture, because I chose to, all my life. Even though I was baptized in the Holy Spirit, and received dreams and visions of the tribulation. That's what I call denial. Now I look back and realize the value of those dreams and visions.

I'll share one good dream of a protection nature that my mother had.

There was a group of military personel that came to our house. They wanted the loaf of bread on the counter. My mother said "which loaf", they said "that one". So, my mother gave it to them. There were twelve loaves of bread on that counter. You think God can't hide his people for 3.5 years? Think again.

Thanks, your mother's dream is an inspiration! How soon we can forget God's mighty power to protect us. He can hide us under the shadow of His wings. Psalms 91.

I think what you wrote are my concerns about the Pre-trib view. It lends to complacency, leads people to believe they have God in their box. We can't put prophesy or God in a "box".

The Bible's prophesy will all be fullfilled completely and accurately, more than we could ever imagine. We are only able to make guesses to much of how it will play out. God can show us new things within His word if we continue to ask for His wisdom with this subject, and NO ONE has the whole picture.

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
Originally posted by SoftTouch:
It's truly ashame to see this thread turn into yet another disagreement on the rapture timing. Arn't there already enough threads on this? Couldn't we have just left this thread as a good humor thread? [Frown] So much for 'respecting' other peoples convictions...

Sister Betty, Thank you for your attempt to bring a little sunshine in your first post [Smile]

Trenton D. Adams
unregistered

That's just waco. [Wink] What you said I mean. The idea that this could lead to a cult. There's new revelation every day, HELLO. Do you not realize this Texas Grandma? The book of Revelation and Daniel have been sealed until the time of the end. Daniel specifically says that, in chapter twelve I believe. So, that means we'll be having new revelation on it.

I know that the pre-trib rapture teaching is the enemy's plan to deceive people into thinking that they'll have a second chance after you all dissappaar. Millions of people disappearing would completely remove the suddenness of christ's second coming. And as Yashua said, it will be as in the days of Noah, when they were eating and drinking, and giving in marriage, and suddenly destruction came upon them. HELLO, that's pretty blatant. With a secret rapture that causes chaos on earth, everyone would be watching for the second coming.

That doesn't make pre-trib believers of the devil, or unsaved either.

As I wrote in another post...

quote:

As previously noted, Pillar 2 supporting the Left Behind project is the theory that those who miss the rapture will have during the Tribulation a second chance to be saved. This idea is dangerous because it leads some people to rationalize that "If the Bible is really true and if the rapture does take place, then I'll know for sure God is real. It may be tough, but I can still join the Tribulation Force during the seven years. Even if that Antichrist guy tries to kill me, I will resist the mark!"

While fostering this foolish attitude is certainly not the intent of the Left Behind authors, nevertheless, the secret rapture theory can easily lead people to adopt a "wait and see" philosophy, and thus put off making a decision to follow Jesus. Paul wrote that all who are not fully on the Lord's side when believers are "caught up" (1 Thessalonians 4:17) "shall not escape" (1 Thessalonians 5:3). As you can see, Pillar 2 has very serious problems.

Also, the Word says that the righteous shall understand, and the wicked shall not. As it is written...

10Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

So, with a secret catching away, the people of the earth will know, and have a chance to repent. But, with a post-trib rapture, they won't even know it's coming upon them. It will come upon them suddenly, as already mentioned in this article.

p.s.
The anti-christ is revealed mid trib, not at the beginning of the tribulation. I believe he's on the scene before that, but his evil will be revealed at that time.

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

WhiteEagle

I worry about groups who say

"We use to believe in the Pre-Trib until we were enlightened!"

This is how cults start. Many leaders of cults started out as Christian Preachers but they became convinced that they had received a message that no denominational Church had. The guy that got those 500 people to drink poisoned Kool-Aid and the guy in Waco all started out reading from the Bible. But, they convinced themselves and their group that they had a new revelation from God.
Why has the Assemblies of God, the Baptist and other denominational Churches not changed their view? Simply because the Bible still supports a pre-trib rapture.
The 7th Day Adventist believes it is post but then they believe the book of Revelation already happened. Like Favor, I missed all that in history class when 1/3 of fish and everything in the water died. Even they changed their believe to Saturday worship when one person was "enlighted" Of course they did not mention at their prophecy seminar that the same woman believe all black people came from sex between men and apes.

Personally I think that the post rapture theory is a lie from the devil to convince people that they don't have to worry about getting right with God, because they have 7 years after the anti-christ is revealed to do so.
As far as the mark of the beast the 7th Day Adventist think everyone who goes to Church on Sunday already has taken the mark of the beast.
---------------------------------
BUT
this whole thing was started to show what is important is to be right with God. But the thing about cults is they make a whole relegion on one point. The Bible is more than that. I believe in the pre-trib but that is not my denomanation. I am Baptist. But, more than that I am a Chrisitan.
betty

--------------------

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's truly ashame to see this thread turn into yet another disagreement on the rapture timing. Arn't there already enough threads on this? Couldn't we have just left this thread as a good humor thread? [Frown] So much for 'respecting' other peoples convictions...

Sister Betty, Thank you for your attempt to bring a little sunshine in your first post [Smile]

--------------------

Gramajo320
unregistered

Texas Grandma,

Amen to your postings! I'm in total agreement with you that the pre-trib is the truth!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

Trenton D. Adams
unregistered

Yes WhiteEagle, those are a lot of the concerns that I have about the pre-trib belief system. It would be very easy to accept the mark of the beast before it's enforced because the anti-christ wouldn't necessarily be revealed at that time. By then it's too late.

The way I see it, there's no real danger in terms of people's salvation to believe in post-trib. At least not when you teach that we have to seek the Lord with all of our heart, otherwise we won't make it through the tribulation. Take the 10 wise virgins for instance. They are a perfect example of the tribulation. The wise stored up extra oil against that tribulation, but the foolish did not. It was then the wise that were able to enter the kingdom.

But there's always a danger in the pre-trib rapture view because you could get decieved into thinking things aren't what they seem. Also, because the times are so tough, people will give in, even though they fully know. Would someone allow their family to starve to death because they couldn't buy anything? If the had faith in Yashua, and had stored up that extra oil, they would be able to do that, if it came to that. But, Yashua will provide. I believe we will start seeing manna from heaven again.

You know, what the funny thing is? I believed in pre-trib rapture, because I chose to, all my life. Even though I was baptized in the Holy Spirit, and received dreams and visions of the tribulation. That's what I call denial. Now I look back and realize the value of those dreams and visions.

I'll share one good dream of a protection nature that my mother had.

There was a group of military personel that came to our house. They wanted the loaf of bread on the counter. My mother said "which loaf", they said "that one". So, my mother gave it to them. There were twelve loaves of bread on that counter. You think God can't hide his people for 3.5 years? Think again.

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
What is fearful, is when the devil makes us doubt our salvation.

Amen! Two of the devil's greatest weapons are doubt and condemnation.
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
Beliving in the pre-trib is not fearful. I have believed it all my life and still do. What is fearful, is when the devil makes us doubt our salvation.
The Pre-trib is truth and someday when it happens everyone Christian will know it is truth.

I worry what you and people who believe so stanchly on Pre-trib Rapture.

1. What will you do or how will your faith hold up, when the anti-christ is revealed and you are still here?

a. will you have to deny it's really the anti-christ?
b. will you be able to regroup and relook at the scriptures?
c. will your faith hold up?

2. Will pre-trib believer's be in denial about the mark of the beast, since they are still here, then the mark can't be here?

a. will you take a mark by accident, becasue you are so convinced that the mark can't be here, since you are still here?

3. When the Tribulation comes, will Pre-tribbers be the ones to be deceived, that it's really not the Great Tribulation?

These are my concerns with this view.

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Beliving in the pre-trib is not fearful. I have believed it all my life and still do. What is fearful, is when the devil makes us doubt our salvation.
The Pre-trib is truth and someday when it happens everyone Christian will know it is truth.

--------------------

Trenton D. Adams
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Israel:
SoftThouch, that was great [roll on floor] I have got to be honest with you all, here lately when I get up at 4:30am I turn on FoxNews to see if anything happened during the night [Frown] It is silly, but I think what if Jesus came and I didn't go, which is silly, because I know I am saved, but the flesh likes to get me going, it is a constant battle with the flesh, I will be glad when I get out of it! [clap2] [dance] [rapture]

Israel

Yeah, I used to live like that too. I've believed in pre-trib rapture most of my life. I would come home from school, and my mom had gone grocery shopping, or was sleeping, and I was absolutely panic stricken thinking the rapture had came. What a way for a kid to grow up, I tell ya. I wish someone had done something more to make me believe the truth back then. But, I didn't really want to. I would have rather put up with the torment at every turn of people missing, than think about the tribulation.
HisGrace
unregistered

That reminds of when I was just a kid around ten or eleven, my teenage cousin came to town and wanted to take me to my first movie.

Even though it was a Bambi-type of movie about a horse, being raised a Wesleyan, I felt kind of guilty about going to the den of iniquity to see this movie.

My mother was home when we left, but when we returned, I looked all over the house and she wasn't home. I was sure I had committed some terrible sin and had missed the Rapture. [Eek!]

Israel
Advanced Member
Member # 3254

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Israel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SoftThouch, that was great [roll on floor] I have got to be honest with you all, here lately when I get up at 4:30am I turn on FoxNews to see if anything happened during the night [Frown] It is silly, but I think what if Jesus came and I didn't go, which is silly, because I know I am saved, but the flesh likes to get me going, it is a constant battle with the flesh, I will be glad when I get out of it! [clap2] [dance] [rapture]

Israel

--------------------
Psalm 122:6 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem; they shall prosper that love thee.

Posts: 97 | From: Indiana | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 10 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This reminds me of a really funny story my pastor told once (it's a true story too). I hope I can do it justice! Here goes...

There were a group of guys at a Bible College who were in the habit of meeting on the balcony at the end of the hall to say morning prayers.

One morning, one of the guys couldn't stay awake. One of the other guys divisied a plan to trick the sleeping brother.

All of the guys went and hid in the last room down the hall while another guy Blew a Loud Trumpet call.

This woke the sleeping guy up immediately! He looked around and didn't see anyone with him. He started to panic! He ran down the hall checking every room for signs of anyone... Nothing! He was in total panic now.

When he finally got to the last room, there stood all the other guys Rolling on the Floor with Laughter! [Big Grin]

My husband and I just about died with laughter when we heard this! I hope you enjoyed it too!

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 10 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have seen so much here lately of why the rapture can’t take place until certain things happen. Personally, I believe it can happen anytime. I believe the Bible supports the pre-trib rapture, but to shed a little light humor on a complex issue. Here is what I believe won’t happen when the rapture takes place.

If there is a pre-trib rapture, you won’t hear those who believe in the mid-trib rapture saying:
“Sorry God, can’t leave. You will have to come back for me in 3 ½ yrs . Just what will those pre-tribbers think if I go up now.?”

No will you hear from the post-tribbers:
“Sorry, Lord! Come back in 7 years.

On the other hand if most of the denomanations are wrong and the rapture is not pre-rapture I don’t think you will see us standing outside with our hands on our hips when it takes place saying:
“Well, God you are late and I am just not going to go!”

The best thing a Christian can do is live like we got 50 years to go, serve God and pray like God is coming today and be always watchful for His return. I will pray for the soon return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Luk 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
[Prayer]

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement