Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » EARTHQUAKE CRACKS KNESSET

Author Topic: EARTHQUAKE CRACKS KNESSET
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Israel, and more particularly the Jordan valley and the Dead Sea and the Arabah down to the Gulf of Eilat and from there south into northeast Africa to the Equator, sits on the Great Rift Valley faultline.

There was a great earthquake in the days of Uzziah:

Amos 1
1 The words of Amos, who was among the herdmen of Tekoa, which he saw concerning Israel in the days of Uzziah king of Judah, and in the days of Jeroboam the son of Joash king of Israel, two years before the earthquake.

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN [Cross]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also posted this on Eastwoods Message board and one of the other members posted this in reply. It’s an account of the quake by Jerry Golden (Whom I don’t know anything about, but I read the article and it’s really interesting!) There’s some info about fault lines and also prophecy concerning the Mount of Olives being split… It’s worth checking out IMHO [Wink]

~Deb

Here’s the post:

For anyone that doesn't know who Jerry Golden is, he's a Messianic Jew in Israel who has a ministry of making trips to Russia and maybe other places to facilitate the aliyah and bring Jews to Israel.

http://www.thegoldenreport.com/asp/jerrysnewsmanager/anmviewer.asp?a=798&z=1

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does Israel have earthquakes very often?

im not sure....
thanks

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Full article here:
http://www.jnewswire.com/news_archive/04/02/040211_quake.asp

EARTHQUAKE CRACKS KNESSET

February 11, 2004

The Jerusalem Newswire reports: "An earthquake measuring 5.0 on the Richter scale rocked Israel Wednesday morning, sending frightened people streaming into streets throughout the country, but causing no injuries and, according to initial reports, only minor damage.

Israel Radio reported the quake left a crack in the ceiling of the Knesset plenum, Israel's parliament, just minutes before lawmakers were scheduled to take their seats for the day's debates.

The quake, with its epicenter near the Dead Sea, was felt across the country, and in neighboring Jordan.

Channel 2 TV reported that Israeli geologists believe a major earthquake could strike Israel without notice, and based on research predict the arrival of 'the big one' in the next 50 years.

According to a recently released report exposing the shoddy standard of construction in the country, a quake of 6.0 or over on the Richter scale is expected to flatten an untold number of buildings, leaving tens of thousands of Israelis dead - possibly many more…"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Anyone have any insight into this scripturally? Could God be trying to send Israel a message?

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement