Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » UN Conditionally Recognizes Gay Marriages

Author Topic: UN Conditionally Recognizes Gay Marriages
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nied states:

quote:
That is why there is more than one church. So, while gays may be married in the church next door, at least you can say, "Well, that won't happen in my church." And if your church decides to allow gay marriages, you can change to another church that won't allow that
There is only one "church" the body of Christ (Messiah); and the "church" is not democratic, nor is it a republic....

Your statement above is typical for todays world.

If you don't like Mickey D's there is always Burger King....Where i can have it my way!

Thats where all these so called "churches" came from.. Denominations truly divide the Body of Messiah..

BUT OH LET ME TELL YA...There is a remenant people, those that are HIS, those that have been washed by the Blood of the Lamb!

Who is making thierselves ready; oil in thier lamps, and are awaiting the bride Groom and HIS return..amen

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exactly Softtouch.

That is why there is more than one church. So, while gays may be married in the church next door, at least you can say, "Well, that won't happen in my church." And if your church decides to allow gay marriages, you can change to another church that won't allow that.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away
The queen is their slave.

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The True Church (Body of Messiah) will never approve gay marriage because it is an abomination to God. Our responsibility as that Body is to hold fast to what God says in His Written Word, and not to approve of things that he definitely does not approve of. [Wink]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, nobody has told me that this is a representative republic.

Yes, I realize it is an abomination unto God. But there have been homosexuals throughout history, and there will be many future generations of homosexuals. What can I do about it? Not a thing. Theres nothing we can do to stop them. I think homosexuals should be allowed to be married, in or out of a church. As long as it's within State and Federal law, and it's in a church that approves of that sort of action.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nied... (sorry, can't remember how to spell it all). Don't you know that Homosexuality is an Abomination unto God? Those who practice this lifestyle will Not make it into Heaven.

I'm totally not surprised by this decision in the U.N. I can't stand this organization and I can't help but notice that the accronym U.N.O. is also a word... "ONE" As in One World Government... Just an observation [Wink]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh did someone fail to tell you this is not a democracy... it is a representative Republic.
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's awesome. I Love The U.N. Now if only America will recognize gay marriage. I sure hope our unelected president Bush loses the 2004 election so maybe we'll have something that more resembles a democracy in the U.S.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away

barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 4 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UN Conditionally Recognizes Gay Marriages
Peter Heinlein
United Nations
29 Jan 2004, 21:48 UTC

AP
Marie Okabe
The United Nations has decided to recognize same sex marriages involving staff members if the union is valid in the employees' home country. The decision will entitle gay partners of some but not all employees to the same rights as other U.N. spouses.
Secretary General Kofi Annan has ruled that marriages recognized under the law of a U.N. employee's home country will qualify that employee for all benefits provided to eligible family members. In a bulletin issued Thursday, Mr. Annan ordered the new policy effective February 1.

U.N. spokeswoman Marie Okabe says the ruling is consistent with a long-standing U.N. policy of taking into consideration a staff member's nationality when determining that employee's family status.

"There's been a growing trend over the past few years in several member-states toward recognition of same sex marriages or recognition of domestic partnerships that may involve partners of the same or different sex," she said. "The bulletin acknowledges this trend and simply extends to these new situations the existing practice of accepting as a fact the family status of U.N. staff members as determined by the laws of the country of their nationality."

Ms. Okabe said she does not know how many employees might be affected by the ruling. She said authorities are waiting to see how many applications come in. She said the list of countries recognizing same sex marriages is, in her words, not very long.

Gay couples from countries that do not recognize same sex unions would not be affected by the secretary-general's ruling

Canada, the Netherlands and Belgium permit same sex unions. Most western European countries, along with Australia and New Zealand, also provide some rights to couples, regardless of sexual orientation.

In the United States, laws governing marriage are the jurisdiction of the states, and one state - Vermont - recognizes same sex civil unions. Officials at the U.S. mission to the United Nations had no immediate comment on how the ruling would affect U.S. citizens employed by the world body.

U.N. officials estimate nearly 2,000 U.S. citizens work for the U.N. secretariat, most of them in New York. Thousands more work for U.N. agencies and subdivisions worldwide.

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement