Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Is this another Gospel?

Author Topic: Is this another Gospel?
Christy4Christ
Advanced Member
Member # 2688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christy4Christ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Second, I see the virgin mary all too often to pay much attention to the fatima sighting. I see her in my window, in the stain in my carpet, my birthmark... etc. etc.

I am laughing so hard I can barely type! I am picturing how horrified Barry must have been reading this line!

--------------------
Matthew 5:44 - But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Posts: 454 | From: Hollywood, Florida | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I do not believe the stain in my carpet is a sign from God.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away
The queen is their slave.

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Niedziejkore stated::::::

quote:
Second, I see the virgin mary all too often to pay much attention to the fatima sighting. I see her in my window, in the stain in my carpet, my birthmark... etc. etc
Do you believe that or are you being fecicious, silly, etc. etc. ?

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, with all that anathematizing going on it sure makes one thankful that God has told us that greater is He that is in We, than he who is in the world, huh???

Amazing writing by Mary Ann Collins Softouch. I bookmarked it for future time.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found some really good information about these 'appariations' from what I believe is a Reliable source:

The following ‘snippets’ are from an article found in the online book The Spirit of Roman Cathlolicism, What Lies Behind The Modern Public Image by Mary Ann Collins. This book can be read On-Line at: http://www.catholicconcerns.com/Book02/Contents.html

A Testimony to God's Grace by Mary Ann Collins (A Former Catholic Nun) Read her personal story here: http://www.catholicconcerns.com/Bio.html

http://www.catholicconcerns.com/Queen.html

Marian Apparitions to Other Religions and New Agers:

….The book entitled "Mary's Message to the World" contains hundreds of revelations from "Mary," which fall in line with both New Age thinking and Eastern religious beliefs. Though many Catholics would deny that this is the same Mary that appears at Catholic apparition sites, the major Catholic Marian apparitions have never discredited a single apparition around the world. On the contrary, all apparitions emphasize that she is appearing everywhere with the same message. "Mary's Message to the World" can be found at almost any New Age bookstore and may represent one of the bridges between the Catholic Mary and the "Mary" who espouses New Age thinking. Here are a few of "Mary's" messages to the world:

Each religion is worshiping, underneath the outer trappings, its Creator. It is the same Creator! Whether you pray facing the east or facing an altar, or on Saturday or Sunday, it is all worship… Allow us to view the world as a whole and each nation, each religion, as part of this Great Whole. Be tolerant, one of the other. All religions are man-made, inspired by the Creator. All words which have been written in the Holy Books have been written by men in unity with the Creator. [Note 72]

Once more, not surprisingly, "Mary's" message is to unite: "It is imperative that the world join together at this time to pray to God. Pray for peace on Earth and among men. I seek to embrace all people with my love. I wish to encircle all people on Earth in a safety net which will save your souls." [Note 73] And finally this proclamation: "It is only as a whole unit that mankind can advance. Soon a giant leap forward will occur." [Note 74]

Return of the Goddess

For those who are still not willing to heed the warnings of the Bible about the reappearance of a Babylonian-like church, consider the following quote taken from the book "Myths of the Female Divine Goddess":

But Goddess has never died, and one of the major spiritual and psychological phenomena of our time has been her reemergence as a significant presence in our lives. She has founded a central place in several of the great worlds religions - particularly, Catholicism and Hinduism. Goddess has been revived in modern cults, the spiritual ancestors of which are the earth cults of Demeter, Isis, and Asherah. She has made herself known in the metaphors, the myths, of modern science - particularly, psychology and climatology. She has expressed herself politically and sociologically in the drive for a new wholeness - a new spiritual, psychological, and physical ecology - that is the power behind what we call the women's movement. Goddess is returning because she is needed.

The return of Goddess in the patriarchal religious context is most clearly illustrated in the progress of the Virgin Mary from her original status in the New Testament as humble birth-giver and grieving mother to that of immaculately conceived Queen of Heaven. The progress was not an easy one. It was consistently resisted by the Church, which in the gospels - the biography of Jesus - finally approved in the fourth century, gave Mary a minor role. But once the divinity of Jesus was established, it was inevitable that Mary, his mother, should be seen as Goddess by a folk mind familiar with the goddesses Asherah, Demeter, and Isis. As Jesus emerged as the New Adam, the new redeeming and edible fruit on the tree - cross that had replaced the forbidden fruit the tree of knowledge in the old Garden of Eden, Mary logically became the sinless New Eve, the balancing feminine principle to the male redeemer. A belief that she had been immaculately conceived, a belief the Roman Catholic Church accepted as dogma only in 1854. Over the centuries, other folk traditions attached themselves to Mary. Special goddess cakes were offered up to her, as they had been earlier to Asherah. [Note 84]
Or finally one more quote from the same book that will further document that Babylonianism is being revived in the name of Christianity:

But as Queen, Mary grew in power. She was the Church itself, in which Christ was contained. She became in a sense the Bride of Christ and was often referred to as such. Once again, Goddess has emerged in union with the sacrificed son-lover. Churches were named for her more often than for other saints or for Jesus. Statues and paintings of Mary became and remain objects for both private and public adoration. In these works, Mary is depicted more often as crowned queen than as humble maiden. Sometimes she holds the crowned Christ-king on her lap, much as Isis held the pharaohs of Egypt on hers. Many of the Virgin Mary paintings and statues, especially in France, depict a Black Madonna, linking Mary to other Black Goddesses whose color reflects the dark earth of Goddess's origins. To these objects of devotion, magical powers and sometimes strange rituals and celebrations have been attached. [Note 85]

It is apparent from reading these statements that a revival of Babylonism in the name of Christ is now underway. The Bible indicates that this harlot's false religion will encompass the globe. [Note 86] Her counterfeit church will consist of people from all nations, multitudes, and tongues. But God's call is to "Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues" (Revelation 18:4). That is our prayer for all those who have been led astray.

Who Is this Queen?

The Book of Revelation warns about a counterfeit religious system. Bible-believing Christians call this global religion the counterfeit bride. John the apostle labeled this false church the harlot. The Scriptures also indicate the harlot is associated with a "queen." In Revelation chapter eighteen we read:

For all the nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her… In the measure that she glorified herself and lived luxuriously, in the same measure give her torment and sorrow; for she says in her heart, 'I sit as queen, and am no widow, and will not see sorrow.' Therefore her plagues will come in one day; death and mourning and famine. And she will be utterly burned with fire, for strong is the Lord God who judges her." [Note 81]

John is not the only prophet who saw there was a queen and that this queen would be judged for the whole world to see at the end of the age. The prophet Isaiah also warned about a deceiving woman called the "virgin daughter of Babylon" who would be judged by God. In the 47th chapter of Isaiah we read:

Come down and sit in the dust, O virgin daughter of Babylon; Sit on the ground without a throne, O daughter of the Chaldeans! For you shall no more be called Tender and delicate. Take the millstones and grind meal. Remove your veil, take off the skirt, Uncover the thigh, Pass through the rivers. Your nakedness shall be uncovered, yes, your shame will be seen; I will take vengeance, and I will not arbitrate with a man. As for our Redeemer, the LORD of hosts is His name, the Holy One of Israel. Sit in silence, and go into darkness, O daughter of the Chaldeans; for you shall no longer be called The Lady of Kingdoms. [Note 82]

Who is this "Lady of Kingdoms" that Isaiah is prophesying about? Apparently she is a female entity that has played a deceptive role and is somehow connected to the pagan religious practices of ancient Babylon. Isaiah's words bring a strong retribution and condemnation upon those who have rejected the true Redeemer, the "Holy One of Israel" - the LORD of hosts is His name.

We know from biblical history that a queen, (the Queen of Heaven) has played a significant role in deluding people of the past. [Note 83] Is it possible that this same Queen of Heaven will delude the world once more? Is the apparition of Mary paving the way for such a delusion?

Also: Check out my post on "Perpetual Virgin" in the Bible Topics section. There is a discussion of how Moslems (sp?) also revere Mary and where that could possibly lead to....

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not extremely familiar with the Lady of Fatima sighting. First, it really goes against all my logic to believe it was an authentic sighting of the Virgin Mary in the Bible. When I first learned about the sighting, my gut reaction was that either the entire villiage went temporarilly insane, or it was a very elaborate hoax. Back then, people were easily tricked.

Second, I see the virgin mary all too often to pay much attention to the fatima sighting. I see her in my window, in the stain in my carpet, my birthmark... etc. etc.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away
The queen is their slave.

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is no way that this is Mary of the Bible.The VIrgin that carried the Lord Yahshua in her womb...

This is another gospel, a spirit usurping unlawful authority...

Many posted article i have posted on this subject.

It is clear to see that this is just one of many lying signs and wonders.!!

[Eek!]

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
borntwice
Advanced Member
Member # 2761

Icon 1 posted      Profile for borntwice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes that is clearly another gospel which of course is no gospel at all. Also that was not the mother of our Lord but an evil spirit using her name.
Posts: 91 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rapturewatcher
Advanced Member
Member # 94

Icon 15 posted      Profile for rapturewatcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe its prophecy fullfilled

1Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears

1Jo 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

1Jo 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Posts: 187 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that is another gospel. I also believe that his 'spirit' passing it's self off as the Virgin Mary is not the Mary (Mother of Jesus) of the Bible. I've read many 'statements' from this appriation which has appeared in numerous places of late (and I wish I would have bookmarked the sites now) that are in direct opposition to Scripture. It has told people to build temples to it and worship it, it has declared that Islam and Christianity worship the same god... on and on... I've posted some things already in various other threads.

Test the Spirit!

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read this the other day and I hesitated to post it because some here feel that the board has been full of anti-catholic retoric as of late.

But I do want to post it... not with any comments of my own, but with a question that I hope you will answer. Is this another Gospel... yes or no and why?

These are the supposed words of the Virgin Mary as spoken by the apparition of Mary Our Lady of Fatima

We then looked up at Our Lady, who said to us so kindly and so sadly:

“You have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. If what I say to you is done, many souls will be saved and there will be peace.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement