Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » U.N. TO MOVE TO IRAQ!!!!!!

Author Topic: U.N. TO MOVE TO IRAQ!!!!!!
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alrightie then. Baghdad is Babylon and Babylon is Baghdad and Baghdad is Babylon and ..... I am crying! [crying] [crying] [crying]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paula
Advanced Member
Member # 551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BORN AGAIN:
Paula said
quote:
To clarify, present-day Baghdad is part of the ancient region of Babylon, also synonymous with Babel/Babil. So Baghdad (located near Hillah and Karbala) all form part of ancient Babylon. There is also a modern-day province called Babil.
On one of Paula's maps, Iraq is divided into 18 provinces, and Babil and Baghdad are listed as separate provinces:

Iraq is devided in 18 provinces: Al Anbar, Al Basrah, Al Muthanna, Al Qadisiyah, An Najaf, Arbil, As Sulaymaniyah, At Ta'mim, Babil, Baghdad, Dahuk, Dhi Qar, Diyala, Karbala, Maysan, Ninawa, Salah ad Din and Wasit.

And no wonder that they are separate provinces, because Baghdad is on the Tigris river valley (which historically was more under the political influence of Assyria), while Babylonia's political center was at Babil (Greek, Babylon) on the Euprhates river valley.

[Kiss] BORN AGAIN [Cross]

If you look at an ancient map and put it side-by-side with a modern one, you'll see the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers both bound the ancient city of Babylonia, the ancient capitol of Babylon, which is southeast of present-day Baghdad. So, in a nutshell, Soft Touch's article was correct; Baghdad is part of ancient Babylon.

http://www.maxwell.syr.edu/maxpages/classes/his381/BabyloniaMap.htm

Posts: 90 | From: Arizona | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paula
Advanced Member
Member # 551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Did you know by the way that the word BABYLON does not appear in the Old Testament? What I mean is, the underlying word is always BABEL, and never BABYLON, in the OT. The word BABYLON is the GREEK rendition of the Hebrew BABEL, and therefore the GREEK word BABYLON does appear in the NT. [Smile]

BA - What translation did you use? I did an on-line Bible search (KJV) of the word "Babylon", and came up with 254 hits in the OT, and 11 hits in the NT! The NIV produced even more.
Posts: 90 | From: Arizona | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rapturewatcher
Advanced Member
Member # 94

Icon 2 posted      Profile for rapturewatcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What Herb Thinks~America In the End-times

As all the end-times actors step on the world's stage, one actor appears a bit out of place. That actor is America. Where will America fit in this final drama that is about to begin.

We see Israel, just as foretold. And the Roman Empire -- horns and all -- is standing there too. China is where she is supposed to be. And the international gang have all arrived and are waiting to be told where they can stand. But, where does America fit?

Here's are problem: Unlike the other end-time's actors, the Bible doesn't clearly mention America. But is does mention Israel, Rome and the international gang. This being the case, many prophecy students believe something may happen that will move America off the world's stage.

Yet I can't help thinking about America's occupation of Iraq -- the land of the biblical Tower of Babel, and the land of that old, great city of Babylon. That's because, in many places, Babylon is mentioned in the Bible as an important end-times actor.

Here's what I think: Since all the other actors are now on stage right where they belong, it stands to reason America must have a place somewhere. And since the international gang is also waiting for a place to stand, I suspect the international gang and America will fit together somehow.

And it looks like that place will be the land of Babel. It's being reported once again America is looking to the United Nations for help in Iraq (Read about it here).

Here's the picture I can't get out of my mind. According to the Bible, all the nations of Earth where created when God scattered the builders of the Tower of Babel by confusing their languages. God didn't like what they were doing, and He stopped them (Genesis 11:1-9).

What were they doing that God didn't like? They were attempting to build a one-world city, and a one-world tower. In other words, a one-world government and a one-world religion.

So, God scattered these builders over the face of the Earth. And, every time they started to rebuild their city and tower, God stopped them again. But the Bible tells us, in the end-times, God will stop restraining them (2 Thessalonians 2:7-8). He will step back for a time and allow them to have their dream -- their global city and tower.

Now it's interesting to note where these nations first started coming together. They first started coming together in America -- the melting pot of the nations. And, it's interesting to note how the UN was created in the image of the United States -- a democracy of nation states.

But what's mind blowing is that this same America is now occupying the land of Babylon and the Tower of Babel. Not only that, but America is attempting to bring the UN into Iraq too.

So, I suspect this is where American and the international gang may end up standing together in the final drama. There place will be where it all stared -- in the land Babel. What will they do there?

They'll build their city and their tower.

01-16-04

http://fulfilledprophecy.com/america_end-times.html

Posts: 187 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Paula said
quote:
To clarify, present-day Baghdad is part of the ancient region of Babylon, also synonymous with Babel/Babil. So Baghdad (located near Hillah and Karbala) all form part of ancient Babylon. There is also a modern-day province called Babil.
On one of Paula's maps, Iraq is divided into 18 provinces, and Babil and Baghdad are listed as separate provinces:

Iraq is devided in 18 provinces: Al Anbar, Al Basrah, Al Muthanna, Al Qadisiyah, An Najaf, Arbil, As Sulaymaniyah, At Ta'mim, Babil, Baghdad, Dahuk, Dhi Qar, Diyala, Karbala, Maysan, Ninawa, Salah ad Din and Wasit.

And no wonder that they are separate provinces, because Baghdad is on the Tigris river valley (which historically was more under the political influence of Assyria), while Babylonia's political center was at Babil (Greek, Babylon) on the Euprhates river valley.

[Kiss] BORN AGAIN [Cross]

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 20 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this thread scrolling wayyyyyy over to the right on everyone's screen, or is it just mine? [Frown]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paula,

Thanks for posting the maps! I was wondering just the other day about the current city of Baghdad and its relation to ancient Babylon.

Great info! [thumbsup2]

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Did you know by the way that the word BABYLON does not appear in the Old Testament? What I mean is, the underlying word is always BABEL, and never BABYLON, in the OT. The word BABYLON is the GREEK rendition of the Hebrew BABEL, and therefore the GREEK word BABYLON does appear in the NT. [Smile]
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

SoftTouch says
quote:
BA, once again… I posted an Article that I thought was noteworthy… I did not write it.
I understand that, and please continue to do that. But just because another person wrote it, does not mean that I ought not comment on it if there appears to be a discrepancy in it. As the poster of other people's material, you are acting as their agent; that's why I called you Agent SoftTouch. [Wink]
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Paula [Smile]

Here’s something else that was pointed out to me on another board….

http://bible.crosswalk.com/Dictionaries/SmithsBibleDictionary/smt.cgi?number=T3984
Shi’nar [N] [H]
(country of two rivers ), the ancient name of the great alluvial tract through which the Tigris and Euphrates pass before reaching the sea --the tract known in later times as Chaldaea or Babylonia. It was a plain country, where brick had to be used for stone and slime for mortar. (Genesis 11:3) Among the cities were Babel (Babylon), Erech or Orech (Orchoe), Calneh or Calno (probably Niffer ), and Accad, the site of which is unknown. It may be suspected that Shinar was the name by which the Hebrews originally knew the lower Mesopotamian country where they so long dwelt, and which Abraham brought with him from "Ur of the Chaldees."

BA, once again… I posted an Article that I thought was noteworthy… I did not write it. But we should wait and see what exactly pans out. I was also told by a poster on another board I’m on that her brother is stationed in ancient Babylon and that it has been in the process of being ‘rebuilt’ and ‘is a site to behold.’ So, I guess time will tell [Wink]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paula
Advanced Member
Member # 551

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Paula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Agent SoftTouch says
quote:
...has drafted a proposal to transfer the seat of the United Nations to Baghdad (ancient Babel or Babylon)! ... (Bold by BORN AGAIN)
Baghdad is NOT ancient Babel/Babylon. Baghdad is on the Tigris river, while Babil is on the Euphrates river south of Baghdad's latitude, closer to al Hillah and Karbala. [Wink]
To clarify, present-day Baghdad is part of the ancient region of Babylon, also synonymous with Babel/Babil. So Baghdad (located near Hillah and Karbala) all form part of ancient Babylon. There is also a modern-day province called Babil. Hope that makes sense! [spiny] [updown]

Now that I've confused you, here are some maps: http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/features/mapcenter/map.aspx?refid=701510413

http://www.jkersten.topcities.com/hollandpage/iraq.htm
http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/features/mapcenter/Map.aspx?__VIEWSTATE=dDwyOTk3Nzk2MTM7Oz4%3D&TextLatitude=33.18106624859528&TextLongitude=43.95973515259894&TextAltitude=4&TextSelectedEntity=121&SearchEnc=false&search=babil&PlacesList=Choose+a+Region+or+Country

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Agent SoftTouch says
quote:
...has drafted a proposal to transfer the seat of the United Nations to Baghdad (ancient Babel or Babylon)! ... (Bold by BORN AGAIN)
Baghdad is NOT ancient Babel/Babylon. Baghdad is on the Tigris river, while Babil is on the Euphrates river south of Baghdad's latitude, closer to al Hillah and Karbala. [Wink]
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well this doesn't exactly saythat, but it is interesting language: the UN is opening a new office in Cyprus where they will work to see when they can re-establish themselves in Iraq.

That of course could be taken many ways.

web page

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Eek!]
WOW! I would love to have some other confirmation of this! Let me know if you see this reported anywhere else.

Prophetically, this would be HUGE! [clap2]

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 4 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.israeltoday.co.il/headlines/headlines.asp?CatID=2&ArticleID=894

The U.N. and Babylon

The UN Security Council imposes sanctions on states that don’t observe its resolutions, but the renegade states aren’t worried; there are a myriad of ways to circumvent the sanctions. Representatives of the 191 member states of the UN General Assembly give lofty speeches but know they’ll accomplish little or nothing. When Israel’s ambassador steps up to the podium, many of the delegates leave the hall; they have no interest in listening to the “other side.”

After World War I, in which some 10 million lives were lost, the nations of the world created an international body to ensure world peace. In 1920, 32 member states founded the League of Nations. In 1926, Germany was accepted into the League, but when Hitler rose to power in 1933, Germany withdrew, clearing the way for his dictatorship and the proliferation of his war machine. The League of Nations proved to be a paper tiger that could not prevent World War II, which cost more than 55 million lives.

On June 26, 1945, in San Francisco, 51nations came together to create the United Nations as the successor of the League of Nations. In an attempt to address the League’s failure, the UN was given more authority. But it’s clear that the UN is also a paper tiger: 21of the 191 member nations are at war, and the UN is unable to do anything to end the hostilities. The United States’ unilateral initiative to launch the Iraq war without a UN mandate is the most recent example of the UN’s impotence.

Today, the nations of the world want to empower the UN by reorganizing it. No longer would it function merely as an observer; it would become a global police force, imposing order militarily. UN headquarters sit on 4.5 acres in Manhattan. Its 23,000 employees work in crowded conditions. But there’s little possibility for expansion because the US has been less than enamored with the UN for years and would probably like nothing better than for it to leave New York.

Triggered by the Iraq War, informed sources say that the international Quartet of world powers (the US, UN, European Union and Russia) has drafted a proposal to transfer the seat of the United Nations to Baghdad (ancient Babel or Babylon)! The move would relieve the space constraints of the New York headquarters, while also freeing it from the physical jurisdiction of the US. Though it’s only a draft of the Quartet, plans appear to be in the works to establish a third and perhaps final worldwide organization.

more in israel today from December 2003

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement