Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Wow! First the earthquake, Now Iran hit by meteorite!

Author Topic: Wow! First the earthquake, Now Iran hit by meteorite!
Trafield
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More signs in the stars...

Spain watches 'fireball shower'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/3368997.stm

By Danny Wood
BBC, Madrid

Hundreds of Spaniards have reported seeing fireballs in the sky which experts say were probably caused by a meteoroid crashing into the Earth.
In the northern Palencia region, local radio reported sounds of explosions in the sky followed by earth tremors and clouds of smoke on a nearby mountain.

Behind a disco in Castellon province the fireballs started a small fire.

At first many feared that there was a plane crash, but that was soon ruled out by the aviation authority.

From one end of the country to the other, Spaniards have been witnessing an unusually spectacular astronomical display.

The fireballs that have been streaming across the skies could also be the result of a large piece of space junk - like a satellite entering the Earth's atmosphere.

But Jose Angel Docobo, director of the University of Santiago's observatory, says they were probably the result of a meteoroid colliding with the Earth.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There probably were a lot more earthquakes in the olden days before the crust settled into its current formations. Witness for instance the mountain ranges created by the Arabian continental crust shoving north and northwest into the Med Sea continental crust and into the EuroAsian crust. There must have been a whole lotta trembling goin' on.

But without the older quakes and upheavals and subsidences, we also would not have the valley and mountain systems down which rainwater can pour in the form of rivers, lakes, etc.

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN [Cross]

Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Eathquakes in various places
Iran, California, Mexico, Indonesia
that's just in the past month and I probably missed the news on others!

T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hopefully there are those who went there from this country to help in the aftermath who are true Believers and God will provide them with opportunity and open hearts to share the Gospel and Love of Yeshua (Jesus).

I know that's happening in Iraq. My cousin's wife has been there for some time now and she's been telling him all the wonderful opportunities that have been taken by the soliders who believe in Messiah to share their faith with the Iraqi people [Smile]

These events are indeed Tragic, but God is using them for His glory [Smile] [clap2]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My~`~ 30,000 souls gone!

How many went to hell?

How many never heard?

How many children?

Such a devestating number of souls, and most will shrugg it off as nothing.. how sad

[crying]

[1zhelp]

[Frown]

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

Icon 4 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eathquakes in various places...Signs in the sun, moon, and stars....
Come, Lord Jesus! [clap2]

Meteorite hits Iran
Fri 2 January, 2004 15:48
http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsPackageArticle.jhtml?type=worldNews&storyID=431728§ion=news
TEHRAN (Reuters) - A meteorite has hit northern Iran causing minor damage to property but there were no immediate reports of casualties, state radio has said.

It said the impact sent locals in panic onto the streets in the northern town of Babol in Mazandaran province.

"A meteorite which hit Babol on Friday morning caused only some minor damage to residential units," radio said, without giving further details or citing any source.

It said the impact was felt up to one kilometre away.

Iranians are currently mourning at least 30,000 people killed by an earthquake measuring 6.8 on the Richter scale which struck southeastern Iran on December 26.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement