Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Five Compelling Signs of the End Times in 2003

Author Topic: Five Compelling Signs of the End Times in 2003
Anti-Illuminati
Member # 2602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anti-Illuminati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Soft Touch,

You wrote :
The Catholic religion is HUGE and is all over the world. Wasn't it the Romans who nailed Jesus to the cross (I know, we're all responsible for that, and it was done in Jerusalem, but there's always the chance that something was lost in the translation? Could the phrase "where also our Lord was Crucified" have been a reference to Rome or the Romans?).

My response:
The Catholic religion is HUGE and is all over the world?! First the two ORIGINAL churches of Christ were the Roman Catholics and the Greek Orthodox. No other Christian church can be traced all the way back to Jesus himself! So yes I would say the Catholic religion is huge and all over the world with good reason. Jesus told Peter
" You are the rock upon which I will build my church ( the church he was referring to is what is known today as the Roman Catholic church) he also said to Peter " Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in Heaven". As far as the Romans being the ones who nailed Jesus to the cross. Are you aware that the JEWS were actually the ones who wanted Jesus dead ?! They wanted him dead because he spoke the truth and in doing so he would show the Pharisees and the Jewish leaders to be theives and liars and hypocrites and his words would undermine their authority over the people. They used "Blasphemy" as an excuse to convict him of something. Pontious Pilate became aware of the unjust conviction of Jesus as seen in Matthew Chapter 27: 17-25

17 So when they had gathered, Pilate said to them, "Whom do you want me to release for you, Barab'bas or Jesus who is called Christ?" 18 For he knew that it was out of envy that they had delivered him up. 19 Besides, while he was sitting on the judgment seat, his wife sent word to him, "Have nothing to do with that righteous man, for I have suffered much over him today in a dream." 20 Now the chief priests and the elders persuaded the people to ask for Barab'bas and destroy Jesus. 21 The governor again said to them, "Which of the two do you want me to release for you?" And they said, "Barab'bas." 22 Pilate said to them, "Then what shall I do with Jesus who is called Christ?" They all said, "Let him be crucified." 23 And he said, "Why, what evil has he done?" But they shouted all the more, "Let him be crucified." 24 So when Pilate saw that he was gaining nothing, but rather that a riot was beginning, he took water and washed his hands before the crowd, saying, "I am innocent of this man's blood; see to it yourselves." 25 And all the people answered, "His blood be on us and on our children!"

All the people being the Jews. SO LET HIS BLOOD BE ON US AND ON OUR CHILDREN. Who then was responsible for the death of Jesus, the Romans? If you listen to what the scripture says it would be hard to come to that conclusion, wouldn't it?

It is unfortunate how easily people have been manipulated into believing that the Romans killed Jesus but then I must say I am not surpirsed. The Jews have a wonderful gift for manipulation. I hope someday soon they will realize what they have done and what they continue to do everytime they deny Christ!

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Alstad
Advanced Member
Member # 2534

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Chris Alstad   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks BA for catching that word I missused.Brain was not engaged.
Posts: 68 | From: California | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chris Alstad says regarding the RCC
quote:
(even though some of its theologies are innerrent (emphasis by BORN AGAIN)
I presume you mean errant, not inerrant. [Big Grin]

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN [Cross]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Alstad
Advanced Member
Member # 2534

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Chris Alstad   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The city that John measures is the New Jerusalem of Chapter 22. He makes specific reference to this fact, that the Old Jerusalem has degenerated into or like Sodom and Egypt. That is they have degenerated into a perverted huministic religion, and also like Egypt, as persecutors of the Church. Both of John's remarks are in agreement with the teachings of Christ and the other Apostles. He was trying to make a distinction between the two cities. One to be built and the other to be destroyed.

He wanted no one to missunderstand what he was saying. So he declares, it is where our Lord was crucified. That is Old Jerusalem.

The major confusion comes into play when we try to apply a literal interpretation to scripture that is written in symbolisms. The Old Jerusalem was the OT Covenant System, not a lot of bricks and mortar in the middle east. IT is referring to the religious system that denied and crucified Christ. (of which we are all guilty of). God has found a new wife, a new city, in the New Jerusalem of Rev. 22. And if you notice the dimensions, they are huge, much larger than those of the natural temple that stood in the Old Jerusalem.

Everyone seems to be grasping for answers. That bothers me a lot, wish I could help. You must remember that John said at the beginning of the book, that he wrote the book in Symbolisms. These are bible symbolisms, not those of our own making.

One more comment or warning to those who think the Roman Catholic Church is the beast or Anti-Christ, which it is not. It is a part of the Christian Church, and as such, (even though some of its theologies are innerrent, like many others also), Yet it is a part of Christ's Body on earth. We must be careful we do not cross the line of calling that which is of God, unholy.
That is really close to blaspheming the Spirit of God. To call it Anti-Christ is questionable conduct to say the least.

Chris Alstad
www.CMM3.com

Posts: 68 | From: California | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Dear Frank Callari, thanks for such a wise and nice post. You also say
quote:
One more point...

The KJV says they are "seven mountains". If this word is correct, and not hills, "Mountains in Dan 2 stands for kingdoms. If this is so, then the text in Rev takes on a whole new light.

Actually, the Hebrews did not distinguish between hills and mountains and called both of them har.

So we see for instance Noah's ark lifting off the ground and the hills {Hebrew, har} were inundated:

Genesis 7
17 And the flood was forty days upon the earth; and the waters increased, and bare up the ark, and it was lift up above the earth.

18 And the waters prevailed, and were increased greatly upon the earth; and the ark went upon the face of the waters.

19 And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills {Hebrew, har} that were under the whole heaven, were covered.

20 Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains {Hebrew, har} were covered.

Note that after the hills {har} were covered, the ark went only 15 cubits or about 23 feet higher and in that short distance suddenly the mountains {har} were covered.

That is, the Hebrews called both hills and higher hills and mountains by the name har, and this Hebrew concept undoubtedly carried over into the New Testament as well.

It was in fact somewhat disingenuous of the KJV translators to use hills in the first instance of har and then to switch to mountains in the second instance of har, even though the ark had only risen 23 feet higher by then.

(NOTE: The reason why the KJV translators did this is because before 1611 when the KJV was being translated, the prevailing view in England was that the flood had been a global flood, and so it was more convenient (and also more biased) to translate the same word har in two different ways, to create the impression for their more unlearned readers that the water was now standing even over mountains.)

_______________ [Cross] ______

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Trafield:
quote:
Revelation 11
8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

ok. scratch what I said in my above post on this Scripture reference... I Goofed! I'm so tired I didn't even realize that this was talking about the two Witness' from God... Duh! That's what I get for lack of sleep [Wink] Perhaps I should just wait to respond to posts until I'm fully 'with it' next time [Embarrassed] My excuse is spending a wondeful New Years celebration with some of my Brothers and Sister at a Christian retreat center... none of us got much sleep [Smile]

I hope everyone had a Blessed and Safe New Years! I think I'd better get some rest [Wink]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Revelation 11
8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

I think it is important to note that just because the term "great city" is used to describe Jerusalem in Revelation 11, the fact that the term has also been used to describe other cities such as Ninevah means that it could be describing another great city in Revelation 18 as Mystery Babylon. I still believe Rome is the most likely candidate for the reasons I already posted.

Also it us true that in Daniel 2 a mountain is symbolically shown as a world kingdom. But note in Revelation 17:9-10 that the seven mountains (hills) described here represent both a place where the woman sits as well as seven kings (nations). Like Frank said, the Bible often interprets itself.
And if we read God's Word literally, the passages that contain symbolism are usually very obvious and often labled as such by the Word.

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Frank Callari:
Only one point I would like to clear up, is "sitting on many waters"......
I believe Softouch was looking in the physical...

Rev 17:1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great ***** that sitteth upon many waters:

Rev 17:15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the ***** sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

Hi Frank and welcome to the board!

I was speaking physically, but also spiritually too. Doesn't the RCC (Vatican) sit on many peoples, multitutes, and nations, and tongues too? The Catholic religion is HUGE and is all over the world. Wasn't it the Romans who nailed Jesus to the cross (I know, we're all responsible for that, and it was done in Jerusalem, but there's always the chance that something was lost in the translation? Could the phrase "where also our Lord was Crucified" have been a reference to Rome or the Romans?). The RCC incorporated Pagan dates, celebrations and traditions into their christian practices in order to bring the pagans into the Catholic church (in essence Prostituting their faithfulness to the Words of God). The RCC is also historically drunk with the blood of the saints (Crusades, Inquisition, Hitler (whom the Pope of that time helped get into power)). The Kings of the earth who were under Catholic rule in history paid vast amounts of money to 'absolve' them of their sins... And as I said above, Vatican City is like a Dynasty... importing everything from 'the merchants of the earth'... The list goes on.

From what I see happening in todays world (in light of Scripture and history) it would not surprise me to see America 'removed,' the UN gain world control, the RCC declared the Head of an Eccumenical religion (as the Pope has been 'worshiping' with all different religions in an effort to bring all together under one system), the UN move it's headquarters to Babylon and the AC step onto the sceen from that point. This is a guess - not an attempt at prophecy, it's just my opinion based on what I've read and seen so far. I am by No Means a Bible scholar and I do have So Much More to learn! I look forward to reading everyone elses take on this too!

I totally agree with you Frank, we do sharpen eachother and help eachother grow and learn as Messiah intended [Smile]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frank Callari
First Post
Member # 2596

Icon 19 posted      Profile for Frank Callari   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Softouch and All,

I'm new here. I've read all the posts in this forum and have enjoyed them.

I think it's great to fellowship on Escatology. We all seem to have a little different view of the prophecies that are yet to be fulfilled. And as long as we agree to disagree, agreeably, the unity of the Spirit will prevail. I think Jesus is more concerned with how we share with one another than what our pet views are.

And the HS is the revealer of truth and as we near closer to the one and only Second Coming, our knowledge will be increased even though now we seem so varied.

I'm not sure which city Scripture is referring to. But it seems that the Rev is speaking of a "Spiritual" one as well as a physical one.

"Where our Lord was crucified" surely must be Jerusalem. Measuring of the Temple in Rev 11 must be Jerusalem. But then we get into "Mystery" Babylon. A mystery is something that is hidden to our eyes. It does not say like Paul..."Behold, I show you a mystery...we shall not all sleep".
Paul here is taking the vail off something that was once hid. Many mysteries have been revealed to us in the NT, but I'm not sure about this one in Rev.

Only one point I would like to clear up, is "sitting on many waters"......
I believe Softouch was looking in the physical...

Rev 17:1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great ***** that sitteth upon many waters:

Rev 17:15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the ***** sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

So we learn a great lesson when we allow scripture to interpret itself. But it does have some areas that just arn't shown to us. And here we are, using the only thing we have left, our logic, our gut, and our speculation. These are not bad in themselves, but they are the answer to why we all have varied views. There is only One truth, and until it is revealed by the HS, we are left to express our guesses. Amen?

Some of the things we share and believe, we would never put a "Thus saith the lord" to them. But again, I believe the Lord is pleased with our searching and studing and sharing with each other.

"Iron sharpeneth iron, as one man sharpeneth another".

This a text I rely on when I just don't know something for sure.........

Deut 29:29 The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.

So it just may be that Revelation still has many secret things for now. But again, the closer we get to the "day" they will get clearer and clearer.
For now we may have just a "telescopic" view, but soon, the Lord may open the eyes of our understanding to see the "microscopic" view.

One more point, and I'll quit my soap box...
The Kjv says they are "seven mountains". If this word is correct, and not hills,....."Mountains in Dan 2 stands for kingdoms. If this is so, then the text in Rev takes on a whole new light.

YBIC,
Frank (choobaca)

--------------------
Study to show thyself approved unto God

Posts: 1 | From: henrietta NY, 14467 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Thank you for such an honest and open answer to my question Born Again [Smile]

From my perspective, I am So Glad our Salvation doesn't rest on our understanding everything in the Bible completely... I'd be in Big Trouble if that were the case!! [Wink]

Happy New Year!

--------------------

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

SoftTouch says
quote:
I just read H4H's post on Preterism... is this your view BA?
I have read the Preterist "Bible" called The Parousia, and for a short time I tried out the preterist view, and currently I hold the view that I am not sure what all happened back there in 70 AD.

But as HFHS's Topic said, preterists pretty much have to "spiritualize" a lot of things after that, and I am not much of a "spiritualizer" when it comes to the Bible.

I left the "pure preterist" view in my dust when I had to admit that the mount of Olives was not yet split into a great valley and that the Dead Sea and the Med Sea were not healed yet, plus I think that Ezekiel 36-37 absolutely predict a New Israel AFTER the Israelites had been dispersed into the countries of the heathen, which happened in 1948.

What remains thus of my erstwhile "preterist" views is that I am now "not sure what actually happened back there in 70 AD, and for now that is okay with me" to hold it like that.

Unfortunately, some of my older Topics probably contain some "preterist-style" phrases, and sometimes when I now reuse some of my older material, those are still in there and I don't always have time at work to re-edit everything.

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

I'm in agreement with Trafield. I believe the Harlot of Revelation can be found in the Vatican - specifically in Mary worship. There is an entity calling it's self the virgin Mary and appearing all over the world telling people that they must all come together under Her in a unified religion. I think I did a post about it? "Mary, Queen of Heaven?" Rome (the Vatican that is) sits on 7 hills as Tra pointed out, and all the merchants of the world have become Rich off her. Have you Seen the way that place is decked out?!?! I never knew the "church" was supposed to become a Dynasty... The gold threads in the robes are Real Gold... The Vatican imports Everything and I could see why the merchants of the earth would morn if that "great city" were to be destroyed.

And the cup of abominations she holds... how many Believers were martyered by the Catholic Church for their stance against the false teachings found in Catholicism? Also, when John saw the woman, he was Astounded... would he have been so astounded to see it as Jerusalem in light of OT scripture? Probably not, I think he was so astounded because this was a church that was founded by the apostles, but look at what's happened over the years to it? That's Astounding.

I'm not putting this together very well, I'm not the best at this sort of thing and it's late. But I do see the Catholic Church leading the world into a one-world eccumenical religion (and I've posted about this before).

Revelation was a vision of Future events to John... combined with the signs in Matt 24 (which are all falling into place now), I can't possibly see any other explanation.

Also, when did the merchants of the seas become rich from Jerusalem? When did they stand far off and morn over her destruction? And the smoke of her torment has not assended forever... When was she considered to sit on many waters? Also, as Tra pointed out, Jerusalem is still there.

I just read H4H's post on Preterism... is this your view BA?

--------------------

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Trafield, you're right that it does not necessarily have to be old Jerusalem; it may perhaps refer to the current Jerusalem as well.

Trafield
unregistered

quote:
I say the woman is old Jerusalem which was about to be destroyed, and that the book of Revelation was written before the destruction of old Jerusalem.

If you believe this then how do you explain the following verse that says the voice of the bridegroom and bride would not be found in her and that the city would never again exist? The last time I looked, Jerusalem was still around....

Revelation 18:21-23
21Then a strong angel took up a stone like a great millstone and threw it into the sea, saying, “So will Babylon, the great city, be thrown down with violence, and will not be found any longer.
22“And the sound of harpists and musicians and flute-players and trumpeters will not be heard in you any longer; and no craftsman of any craft will be found in you any longer; and the sound of a mill will not be heard in you any longer;
23and the light of a lamp will not shine in you any longer; and the voice of the bridegroom and bride will not be heard in you any longer; for your merchants were the great men of the earth, because all the nations were deceived by your sorcery.

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Revelation 14
8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.

Rome is never called a great city in the Bible. Only these cities are called a great city in the Bible:

18 And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city!

In the Bible, only certain cities are ever called great city in the Bible:

Genesis 10
12 And Resen between Nineveh and Calah: the same is a great city. {This is in north Iraq}

Joshua 10
2 That they feared greatly, because Gibeon was a great city, as one of the royal cities, and because it was greater than Ai, and all the men thereof were mighty. {This is in Israel}

Jonah 1
2 Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and cry against it; for their wickedness is come up before me. {This is in north Iraq.}

Revelation 11
8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified. {This is Jerusalem}

Revelation 14
8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication. {If this refers to a literal Babylon, that would be in Iraq; but this Babylon may be allegorical}

Revelation 18
10 Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.

Revelation 21
10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God.

Jerusalem also sits on seven hills:

Zion
Moriah
Acra
Bezetha
Ophel
the hill of Antonia and
the ridge of Hippicus-Phasaelus-Mariamne

Jerusalem is also called a harlot in the Bible:

Isaiah 1
21 How is the faithful city become an harlot! it was full of judgment; righteousness lodged in it; but now murderers.

Jeremiah 2
20 For of old time I have broken thy yoke, and burst thy bands; and thou saidst, I will not transgress; when upon every high hill and under every green tree thou wanderest, playing the harlot.

Ezekiel 16
15 But thou didst trust in thine own beauty, and played the harlot because of thy renown, and poured out your fornications on every one that passed by; his it was.

Remember also that it says of the woman that she sits as a queen:

Revelation 18
7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.

The book of Revelation further says that the great city is also the city where our Lord was crucified:

Revelation 11

I say the woman is old Jerusalem which was about to be destroyed, and that the book of Revelation was written before the destruction of old Jerusalem.

Trafield
unregistered

Scripture could be referring to the actual city of Babylon, but because of Revelation 17:5, which calls the woman 'Mystery Babylon,' I tend to believe that the city in question is not the ancient city of Babylon but a city that sits on seven hills (Revelation 17:9). Rome is known as the city of seven hills today.

Most scholors of eschatology agree that the Bible prophecied on a coming revived Roman empire, and Revelaltion 17:18 show that the woman "is the great city that rules over the kings of the earth." I believe Rome is primed to become this city, especially since the Rome Statute treaty which is the treaty of the World Court...aka the International Criminal Court. http://iccnow.org

Also, note from Revelation 17:5-6 that the woman is a prostitute and is drunk with the blood of the saints. And then note in Revelation 17:16 that the beast (the antichrist) and his ten kings will hate the prostitute and bring her to ruin. Why would the woman, who represents the city that rules over the kings of the earth be hated by the antichrist and his ten kings?
I believe because the prostitue is also symbolic of the world-religious system, headed by a pope of the Vatican which is also in Rome. Even though the antichrist will use the Roman Catholic Church to promote a world religious system, it is still comprised of christians which the antichrist will hate. So the antichrist and the pope (who could become the false prophet) will ultimately destroy whatever good is remaining of the Roman Catholic Church, and all ties to Christianity will be severed.

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Well, I guess only time will tell [Smile]

God Bless and You have a wonderful Holiday too!

--------------------

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

As an aside, I understand that you did not write it, SoftTouch, but as a legal principle, when someone posts or sets forth something by another person, the one setting it forth or posting it is acting as an agent and that agent is presumed to be in agreement with what is stated, unless the agent specifically states that they are not in agreement with a certain part.

Howbeit, the remains of ancient Babylon have of course always been along the Euphrates river, and are still there. But, they are ruins of burnt-brick and brokendown brick, while some parts are still standing in their original form.

But it is not in a condition that someone can "turn it into a commercial or financial center" for the Middle East, unless one were to build hotels and skyscrapers in the surrounding area.

But even then, it would more likely succeed as a tourist attraction, long before it could ever serve as a commercial hub for the Middle East.

The Topic also mentioned that Babylon could serve as a religious center, but that it also very unlikely, since the Islamic Shiites are primarily in southern Iraq and in Iran, and the Shiites have historically had their own "holy sites", such as Qom in Iran or Karbala in Iraq. They would not suddenly switch to Babylon, especially not if there were a lot of foreign tourists there.

God bless, and have a blessed holiday. [Cross] BORN AGAIN [Cross]

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Hi Born Again [Smile]

I didn't write that, I got it as an email and reposted it here. So it wasn't me who said that. I thought it was interesting and thought others would too.

However, didn't Saddam already rebuild Babylon? As far as I can remember there was no shelling or bombing of that area, only Bagdad. So, perhaps it isn't such a stretch after all? Not to mention that if someone really did want to rebuild whatever, nowdays it dosen't take all that long - especially if they have the funds to do it [Wink]

--------------------

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Dear SoftTouch, you say
quote:
in the end times, Babylon will be rebuilt into a great city that will serve as a commercial and religious capital for the Antichrist.... the rebuilding of Babylon [would be] a major economic center for the Middle East
What bothers me is that on the one hand pre-trib Christians say, "Oh, it's going to happen soon, Look UP!!"

And then at the same time they can make statements like the above-quoted ones, and they ignore the fact that it would take at least 50 years for Babylon to be rebuild into a great city which would become the commercial and religious capital, of the whole Middle East no less!

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 4 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I received this in an email from a Brother in Messiah Yeshua (Jesus) and thought it worthy of posting here. [Smile]

Five Compelling Sings of the End Times in 2003

1) Israel claims her land.

The return of the Jewish people to Israel is the "super-sign" of prophecy. The Bible predicts over and over again that the Jews must be back in their homeland in order for the events of the end times to unfold (see Jeremiah 30:1-3; Ezekiel 34:11-24; Zechariah 10:6-10).

In 2003 – a year of failed peace plans, rising Israeli-Palestinian tensions, and continued terrorist activity – Israel began construction of a 320-mile barrier. The structure, now 25-percent complete, is made up of a complex network of fences, trenches, walls, and security roads. Palestinians say the barrier is a landgrab by Israel; Israel claims it is a necessary tool in its war against terrorism; prophecy experts view the barrier as a potential sign of things to come.

2) Saddam’s removal clears way for rebuilding Babylon.

The city of Babylon, located on the Euphrates River in modern Iraq, is mentioned almost 300 times in the Bible. It is consistently portrayed as a place of rebellion and pride. Scripture informs us that in the end times, Babylon will be rebuilt into a great city that will serve as a commercial and religious capital for the Antichrist.

The ousting of Saddam from power has resulted in a lifting of sanctions and limitations on Iraqi oil sales. As the “nation-building” continues, billions of dollars will begin to flood into Iraq, making the rebuilding of Babylon as a major economic center for the Middle East (and the rest of the world) a real possibility.

3) A power struggle emerges in Europe.

This summer, a draft constitution for Europe amazingly included a reference in its preamble to a "reunited Europe.” This constitution could very well be the glue for the reunited Roman Empire predicted in the Bible during the end times.

According to the prophet Daniel, the second phase of the Roman Empire will take the form of a coalition of 10 nations. The EU, in its current form, has 15 members.

Recently, the summit on a proposed constitution for a united Europe collapsed after leaders failed to reach an agreement on the sharing of power. The fight revealed an unusual level of public animosity among the EU nations. Warning that an expanded EU could force Europe to "march to the slowest step," French Prime Minister Jacques Chirac suggested a "pioneer group" of nations should move forward alone. Perhaps this new coalition will develop in the shape of a 10-kingdom form as revealed by Daniel.

4) Religious leaders debate authority of Scripture.

The Bible uses the word apostasy to describe opposition from within. It refers to people who profess to believe – who call themselves believers – but who believe and teach false doctrine and practice ungodly behavior. There are a handful of New Testament passages that tell us that apostasy will be a defining characteristic of the last days.

At the 2003 annual convention for the Episcopal Church, the issue of the authority of Scripture was so divisive that leaders of the worldwide Anglican Communion were forced to call an emergency session of religious leadership in London in order to prevent the splintering of the church. As debate heightened, an opposition movement in the Southern Hemisphere, where beliefs are more orthodox and growth is strong, grew more powerful.

5) Democracy falters in Russia.

Twenty-five hundred years ago, the Hebrew prophet Ezekiel was given a detailed prophecy foretelling that Russia would become a dominant player on the world scene in the last days (Ezekiel 38-39). However, following the breakup of the Soviet Union, it became increasingly difficult to believe that Russia was going to be the major power that Ezekiel described.

Then, in a recent parliamentary election that Europe's leading democracy watchdog group called "overwhelmingly distorted," Vladimir Putin’s party won a landslide victory. Manipulating state media to boost his campaign, Putin’s victory is widely considered unfair. Critics fear the death of democracy after Russia’s liberal parties were all but wiped out. Putin's supporters claim the pro-Kremlin majority will hand the ex-KGB spy more powers to fight corruption. Prophecy experts view the development as just one more reason for believing Christ could come in our time.

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement