Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » IRAQ -- DID YOU KNOW??????

Author Topic: IRAQ -- DID YOU KNOW??????
Daniel S
Advanced Member
Member # 1714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel S   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to be cynical or bellecose (I didn't spell that right, did I?) but Iraq also has the potential top become a sea of glass, given the correct yield warhead.

But, it's late - or rather quite early - and should be asleep. Good night all.... zzzzzz

Dan S

--------------------
The Lord bless you indeed.
http://www.First-EMC.org (shameless self promotion)

Posts: 436 | From: on the Ohio River | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RioLion
unregistered

Icon 20 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But since all these things pertain to Iraq, what conclusion can be arrived at?

Due to the potential resources of oil - some believe that they have the 2d largest reserves in the world, Iraq could very well become a very rich nation if the militant Islamics permit that to happen.

If the authors of the Left Behind series of books are correct, Babylon will be a resurrected city identifiable in the book of Revelation. Howbeit, some speculate that Babylon will never be re-built and point to various Biblical prophecies.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very interesting.. [Smile]

Thanks
and surely worth more study..

[thumbsup2]

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 3 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is an email I got from a Brother in the Lord. I thought it was very interesting and thought you might too [Smile]

Just in case you think of Iraq as only an oil rich nation, ruled by an evil dictator for 30 years, whether it has been supporting terrorists or may not be important, here are a few important facts regarding the history and roles this nation has played down through history!

IRAQ -- DID YOU KNOW??????

1. The garden of Eden was in Iraq. (it doesn't look much like Paradise today, thanks to Saddam)

2. Mesopotamia which is now Iraq was the cradle of civilization!

3. Noah built the ark in Iraq.

4. The Tower of Babel was in Iraq.

5. Abraham was from Ur, which is in Southern Iraq.

6. Isaac's wife Rebekah is from Nahor which is in Iraq.

7. Jacob met Rachel in Iraq.

8. Jonah preached in Nineveh - which is in Iraq.

9. Assyria which is in Iraq conquered the ten tribes of Israel.

10. Amos cried out in Iraq!

11. Babylon which is in Iraq destroyed Jerusalem.

12. Daniel was in the lion's den in Iraq.

13. The 3 Hebrew children were in the fire in Iraq (JESUS has been in Iraq too as the 4th person in the fiery furnace)

14. Belshazzar, the King of Babylon saw the "writing on the wall" in Iraq.

15. Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, carried the Jews captive into Iraq.

16. Ezekiel preached in Iraq.

17. The wise men were from Iraq. (where are the "wise" men today?)

18. Peter preached in Iraq.

19. The "Empire of Man" described in Revelation is called Babylon which was a city in Iraq.

And, you have probably seen this. Israel is the nation most often mentioned in the Bible. Do you know which nation is second? Iraq!

However, the names used in the Bible are Babylon, Land of Shinar, and Mesopotamia. Mesopotamia means between the two rivers, more exactly between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers. The name Iraq means country with deep roots.

Iraq is a country with deep roots and is a very significant country in the Bible. Here's why:

* Eden was in Iraq--Genesis 2:10-14

* Adam & Eve were created in Iraq--Genesis 2:7-8

* Satan made his first recorded appearance in Iraq--Genesis 3:1-6

* Nimrod established Babylon & Tower of Babel was built in Iraq-- Genesis 10:8-97 & 11:1-4

* The confusion of the languages took place in Iraq--Genesis 11:5-11

* Abraham came from a city in Iraq--Genesis 11:31 & Acts 7:2-4

* Isaac's bride came from Iraq--Genesis 24:3-4 & 10

* Jacob spent 20 years in Iraq--Genesis 27:42-45 & 31:38

* The first world Empire was in Iraq--Daniel 1:1-2 &2:36-38

* The greatest revival in history was in a city in Iraq--Jonah 3

* The events of the book of Esther took place in Iraq--Esther

* The book of Nahum was a prophecy against a city in Iraq--Nahum

* The book or Revelation has prophecies against Babylon, which was the old name for Iraq--Revelation 17 & 18

No other nation, except Israel, has more history and prophecy associated it than Iraq!!

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement