Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Views On The Situation In Middle East?

Author Topic: Views On The Situation In Middle East?
Trafield
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe the battle of God and Magog happens near the middle of the seven year covenant, and will result in the event where the antichrist enters the rebuilt temple and proclaims that he is God, beginning the Great Tribulation (Matthew 24:15-22)
I say this because the battle of Gog and Magog will begin when Israel's defenses are noticeably vulnerable, when they are supposedly living "safely" without bars or gates. This is referring to the false peace that will be achieved by Israel's acceptance of the antichrist's covenant with many (Daniel 9:27).
Note that currently in Israel there is much intenational debate about a security wall that Israel is errecting between themselves and Palestinian-controlled areas. This wall will come down when the covenant is confirmed with Israel.

Ezekiel 38:10-12
10‘Thus says the Lord God, “It will come about on that day, that thoughts will come into your mind and you will devise an evil plan,
11and you will say, ‘I will go up against the land of unwalled villages. I will go against those who are at rest, that live securely, all of them living without walls and having no bars or gates,
12to capture spoil and to seize plunder, to turn your hand against the waste places which are now inhabited, and against the people who are gathered from the nations, who have acquired cattle and goods, who live at the center of the world.’

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which comes first, the covenant with many or the attack by Gog and Magog?

I'm thinking things haven't reached a bad enough level yet for AC to come on the sceene with "all the answers" yet. Also, the religions of the world haven't yet been blended into one (although it's starting to appear that the Pope is moving in that direction and all the appirations of this female thing calling it's self Mary are calling the world twards this - and the poor lemmings are following [Frown] ).

On another board I'm on someone reminded me of the invasion of Israel by Gog and Magog and that the world will think that will be the battle of Armageddon and consequently when the AC comes folks will be decieved into thinking it's Jesus.

I had almost forgotten about this invasion too in 1991 and at the beginning of the Gulf War I was terrified that it would lead to Armageddon. However at that time I had wandered very far away from our Lord amd could have been easily decieved...

PRAISE GOD that Jesus pulled me back to Him!!! [clap2]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is no doubt to me that these developments and the continued focus of importance on Middle East peace will soon result in the Daniel 9:27 covenant with many.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 4 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There seems to be MUCH going on in the middle east lately… I’d be very interested in hearing everyones insights into these happenings (along with the capture of Saddam and the war in Iraq) in light of Bible Prophecy…

Here’s todays middle east headlines:

U.S. ENVOY MEETS ISRAELI OFFICIALS ON 'ROAD MAP' PEACE PLAN
December 15, 2003

Voice of America News reports: "U.S. Middle East envoy David Satterfield was meeting with top Israeli officials Sunday in an effort to revive the international 'roadmap' to peace plan.

View full story here: http://www.voanews.com/article.cfm?objectID=731D2A3A-5A32-40C2-B2616E9BADC943B8&title=US%20Envoy%20Meets%20Israeli%20Officials%2

U.S. PRESSES ISRAEL TO ESTABLISH PALESTINIAN STATE IN 2004
December 15, 2003

The Middle East Newsline reports: "The United States has pressed Israel to facilitate the establishment of a Palestinian state in 2004.

Israeli and U.S. diplomatic sources said the Bush administration has discussed with Israel measures to ensure an interim Palestinian state in the West Bank and Gaza Strip by mid-2004. The sources said the measures being proposed include a Palestinian ceasefire in the war against Israel and a military withdrawal from areas captured in the 1967 war.

'The United States wants a measure of stability over the next year in the Middle East that would allow for the success of efforts in Iraq,' a diplomatic source said. 'This would mean unilateral Israeli measures over the next few months.'

The discussions to renew efforts to establish a Palestinian state began in November amid the formation of a new government by Palestinian Authority Prime Minister Ahmed Qurei. The U.S. meetings with Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon and his aides focused on creating conditions for an interim Palestinian state without PA fulfillment of U.S. demands to dismantle insurgency groups…"

View story here: http://www.menewsline.com/stories/2003/december/12_14_1.html

PALESTINIANS LAUNCH OFFENSIVE IN WEST BANK, GAZA
December 15, 2003

The Middle East Newsline reports: "Palestinian insurgents have launched an offensive against Israeli targets in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.

Palestinian gunners from a range of insurgency groups attacked Israeli communities and motorists throughout the West Bank and Gaza Strip over the weekend. The insurgents employed automatic fire, anti-tank rockets and mortars. No Israeli casualties were reported.

Overnight Sunday, Palestinian gunners fired anti-tank rockets and mortars against the Israeli settlement bloc of Gush Katif. The fire was directed from the central Gaza Strip city of Khan Yunis and several mortars and rockets landed on or near Israeli homes.

The Palestinian fire came during a visit by more than 1,000 Jews to Israeli communities in the Gaza Strip. Israeli settlement leaders organized the visit as part of efforts to rally support for the Israeli presence in the Gaza Strip, targeted by the government of Prime Minister Ariel Sharon…"

View story here: http://www.menewsline.com/stories/2003/december/12_15_4.html

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement