Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » OH MY! GENEVA ACCORD COULD BE FINAL SEVEN YEAR TREATY!

Author Topic: OH MY! GENEVA ACCORD COULD BE FINAL SEVEN YEAR TREATY!
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SoftTouch, perhaps you are referring to this scripture?

1 Thessalonians 5
3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN [Cross]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ephesian
Advanced Member
Member # 2248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ephesian   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally I find this very interesting. The mere fact that men are getting together writing treaties like this kindof proves what time it is.
Posts: 21 | From: Alabama | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SoftTouch:
Isn't there a direct quote in Daniel or Ezekial that says something about Land for Peace? (Sorry, it's 5:30 am here and I am Not awake yet! I'm also really bad at recalling things (even scripture references) to begin with. [Wink]

O...K I could have sworn I remembered reading something about Land for Peace in the Bible, but I can't find it now. I've done a search on BibleGateway on the words "land for peace" and the word "peace" and nada... Unless I'm wording it wrong, then I'm just wrong [Wink]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andrey, I went to your link and could not find any information regarding the treaty or is relation to September 10...I am suspicious of the while Bible code thing, but would be willing to look at it if you paste the information on this forum.
Andrey
Member # 2514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andrey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was not signed on September 10, 2003. So it is NOT the treaty in question.

Go to http://ad2004.com for more detailed in formation on how to identify the treaty. You'll have to follow the links, and I believe that "end-times" scholars will enjoy many of the articles there.

<><

--------------------
<

Andrey

"The world is full of suffering, and the overcoming of it." - Helen Keller

"May you hear, recognize, understand and respond when God speaks to you."

www.achievebalance.com

Posts: 4 | From: Norfolk, Virginia, America, Earth | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope, those wern't the ones. I'll have to do a little research on it, but later... Right now I just need a couple of Tylenol and my bed [Wink] LOL (I'm not sick, just a bit of a headach)

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

I am not sure which you are referring to, but these came to mind:

1 Thessalonians 5:1-6
1Now as to the times and the epochs, brethren, you have no need of anything to be written to you.
2For you yourselves know full well that the day of the Lord will come just like a thief in the night.
3While they are saying, “Peace and safety!” then destruction will come upon them suddenly like labor pains upon a woman with child, and they will not escape.
4But you, brethren, are not in darkness, that the day would overtake you like a thief;
5for you are all sons of light and sons of day.
We are not of night nor of darkness;
6so then let us not sleep as others do, but let us be alert and sober.

Daniel 11:39
39“He will take action against the strongest of fortresses with the help of a foreign god; he will give great honor to those who acknowledge him and will cause them to rule over the many, and will parcel out land for a price.
40At the end time the king of the South will collide with him, and the king of the North will storm against him with chariots, with horsemen and with many ships; and he will enter countries, overflow them and pass through.
41“He will also enter the Beautiful Land, and many countries will fall; but these will be rescued out of his hand: Edom, Moab and the foremost of the sons of Ammon.
42“Then he will stretch out his hand against other countries, and the land of Egypt will not escape.
43“But he will gain control over the hidden treasures of gold and silver and over all the precious things of Egypt; and Libyans and Ethiopians will follow at his heels.
44“But rumors from the East and from the North will disturb him, and he will go forth with great wrath to destroy and annihilate many.

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Isn't there a direct quote in Daniel or Ezekial that says something about Land for Peace? (Sorry, it's 5:30 am here and I am Not awake yet! I'm also really bad at recalling things (even scripture references) to begin with. [Wink]

--------------------

Trafield
unregistered

Here is another interesting development. I have discovered that there is another, perhaps parallel peace plan to the Geneva Accord. We are getting close! Come, Lord Jesus!

Here are the details:

HaMifkad HaLeumi - Hebrew for 'The National Census'
www.mifkad.org.il/eng/AboutUs.asp

The Peoples' Voice is a new, broad-based civil initiative whose founders recognise that a way exists to bridge the intolerable impasse between Israelis and Palestinians.

Difficult though it may be to admit, a compromise based on the “two states for two peoples” formula is the only way to ensure the continued existence of Israel as a democratic state and Jewish homeland.

Palestinians are also realising the need for compromise -- that the abandonment of violence is their only feasible way of achieving political independence and a stable economy.

The Peoples' Voice is intended to persuade leaders on both sides to end the conflict by means of mass signatures on a joint statement of principles. ( Daniel 9:27 says the antichrist will confirm a covenant with many for one seven year period! )

In Israel there will be a national petition campaign, with a kindred movement on the Palestinian side. The signatures will then be submitted to the leaders of both nations as a tangible expression of the will of the majority of both peoples, and with a view to changing diplomatic policy.

The Peoples' Voice will succeed. Israelis and Palestinians understand that there is only one solution!

History teaches us that the power to enact change lies with the people as well as with politicians. Israeli and Palestinian leaders are at present locked in situations and coalitions that do not allow them to abandon the vicious cycle of hostility. This is the time and way to begin a sweeping, grassroots initiative to end the bloodshed, insecurity and economic problems affecting each and every one of us.

Heading the initiative are Ami Ayalon and Sari Nusseibeh. Professional headquarters have been set up on both sides to implement the initiative, with the help of numerous field activists.

The leaders of this initiative are two men of vision and vast practical experience in their fields. Heading the Israeli side is Ami Ayalon, former chief of the Navy and General Security Service (Shin Bet), for whom national security has always been a high priority. His Palestinian counterpart is Dr. Sari Nusseibeh, president of Al Quds University in Jerusalem, who has also held key positions in Palestinian politics.

Ayalon and Nusseibeh have created this movement as a non-partisan civil initiative, external to the political system, and do not see themselves as replacements for elected officialdom. Both have excellent connections with leaders of the international community, which will facilitate the enlisting of vital foreign support for the initiative.

Professional staff and volunteers have been entrusted with realising the initiative’s aims.

The peitions will be launched after a intensive publicity campaign aimed at informing and inspiring the Israeli and Palestinian publics to sign up. The message will be that the joint Statement of Principles shows each side there is someone to talk to -- and something to talk about.

The Statement of Principles
(Signed by Ami Ayalon & Sari Nusseibeh on July 27, 2002)
Two states for two peoples: Both sides will declare that Palestine is the only state of the Palestinian people and Israel is the only state of the Jewish people.
Borders: Permanent borders between the two states will be agreed upon on the basis of the June 4, 1967 lines, UN resolutions, and the Arab peace initiative (known as the Saudi initiative).
· Border modifications will be based on an equitable and agreed-upon territorial exchange (1:1) in accordance with the vital needs of both sides, including security, territorial contiguity, and demographic considerations.

· The Palestinian State will have a connection between its two geographic areas, the West Bank and the Gaza Strip.

· After establishment of the agreed borders, no settlers will remain in the Palestinian State.

Jerusalem: Jerusalem will be an open city, the capital of two states. Freedom of religion and full access to holy sites will be guaranteed to all.
Arab neighborhoods in Jerusalem will come under Palestinian sovereignty, Jewish neighborhoods under Israeli sovereignty.

Neither side will exercise sovereignty over the holy places. ( In other words they will be under international control which may soon lead to the rebuilding of the 3rd Jewish temple as prophesied in Revelation 11:1-2!)
The State of Palestine will be designated Guardian of al-Haram al-Sharif for the benefit of Muslims. Israel will be the Guardian of the Western Wall for the benefit of the Jewish people. The status quo on Christian holy site will be maintained. No excavation will take place in or underneath the holy sites without mutual consent.

Right of return: Recognizing the suffering and the plight of the Palestinian refugees, the international community, Israel, and the Palestinian State will initiate and contribute to an international fund to compensate them.
· Palestinian refugees will return only to the State of Palestine; Jews will return only to the State of Israel.

· The international community will offer to compensate toward bettering the lot of those refugees willing to remain in their present country of residence, or who wish to immigrate to third-party countries.

The Palestinian State will be demilitarized and the international community will guarantee its security and independence.
End of conflict: Upon the full implementation of these principles, all claims on both sides and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict will end.

hisvessel1
Community Member
Member # 2424

Icon 15 posted      Profile for hisvessel1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my apologies to all. it's great that the Lord will be coming. as far as the accord, i don't talk politics. but as we know, the antichrist is the one who will make a treaty with Israel; and then break it after 3.5 yrs... [Bible]

--------------------
HV1

Posts: 9 | From: N.Y. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
In The Faith
Advanced Member
Member # 1334

Icon 1 posted      Profile for In The Faith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why did you think we should not get excited Hisvessel1?
I'm interested in your view on the accord

--------------------
Don't look at how big the giant is,
Look at how big God is!

Posts: 26 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

quote:
hi,
i'm new to the board. all i got to say is that the Geneva Accord has nothing to do with the 7 yr. tribulation. i wouldn't be too "excited" if i were you. just my opinion.

Welcome to the board. Even if the Geneva Accord is not the treaty that starts the final seven year period, there is much to be excited about in the soon return of our Lord. Regardless, my opinion is that the push for peace between the Israelis and Palestinians WILL soon lead to the Daniel 9:27 treaty. So thanks for the advice, but I will stay excited.
Even so, come Lord Jesus! [clap2]

hisvessel1
Community Member
Member # 2424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hisvessel1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi,
i'm new to the board. all i got to say is that the Geneva Accord has nothing to do with the 7 yr. tribulation. i wouldn't be too "excited" if i were you. just my opinion. [Bible]

--------------------
HV1

Posts: 9 | From: N.Y. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

Thanks for noticing, Phil! [happyhappy]
Trafield
unregistered

Geneva Accord leaves both houses divided
Freelance Mideast peace plan ignites powerful passions

http://www.nationalpost.com/world/story.html?id=41FF79AA-B42B-4872-9313-A35E42F5BEFE

Peter Goodspeed
National Post

Thursday, December 04, 2003

Israeli police scuffle with Palestinian protesters yesterday over construction of a Jewish neighbourhood in east Jerusalem. While international leaders touted a newly unveiled peace plan, the Geneva Accord's Israeli and Palestinian authors are considered traitors by many of their countrymen.

CREDIT: Lefteris Pitarakis, The Associated Press

Is it a sideshow or salvation? The Geneva Accord professes to be a comprehensive peace plan for the Middle East, hammered out over three years of secret negotiations by Israeli opposition politicians and some retired Palestinian Cabinet ministers.

Unveiled on Monday, it was greeted with great fanfare by the international community at a ceremony in Switzerland headlined by former U.S. president Jimmy Carter, who declared, "It is unlikely that we shall ever see a better foundation for peace."

Nelson Mandela, the former South African president, endorsed the proposal via a video link. Fifty-eight more former presidents, prime ministers, foreign ministers and world leaders, including former Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev, released a statement expressing their "strong support" for the accord.

Colin Powell, the U.S. Secretary of State, and Jack Straw, his British counterpart, wrote to the plan's top Israeli and Palestinian negotiators praising their efforts.

But back home, the peacemakers are being treated as traitors.

They have been threatened with death, burned in effigy, spat at, snubbed and ridiculed in both Israel and the Palestinian territories.

Ariel Sharon, the Israeli Prime Minister, said he "totally rejected" the Geneva Accord, adding it would "amount to suicide" for Israel.

Raanan Gissin, his spokesman, more colourfully described the accord as "a Swiss golden calf," a false idol that would be worshiped by leftists while it destroys Israel.

Two hundred and fifty rabbis, members of Pikuah Nefesh (Preservation of Life), said Israelis who signed the accord should be considered traitors who deserve to be "cast out from human society and brought to trial."

Israeli officials seethed with anger yesterday when U.S. diplomats announced Mr. Powell will meet the accord's chief authors, Yossi Beilin, a former Israeli justice minister, and Yasir Abed Rabbo, a former Palestinian information minister, in Washington tomorrow.

"I think that he is not being useful to the peace process," said Ehud Olmert, the Deputy Prime Minister. "This is an incorrect step by a senior representative of the American administration."

In the Palestinian territories, the al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades, a terrorist group allied to Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat's Fatah faction, denounced delegates who negotiated the Geneva Accord as "collaborators with Israel."

Shots were fired at Mr. Rabbo's home in Ramallah. When Palestinian delegates tried to leave Gaza to attend the ceremony in Geneva, they were jostled and spat on by angry crowds.

Two former Cabinet ministers who planned to endorse the accord decided to stay home for their own safety.

Meanwhile, hundreds of Palestinian leaders are calling on Mr. Arafat to reject the peace plan "publicly and clearly."

Typically, Mr. Arafat has refused to commit himself to anything, settling instead for sending a message that called the Geneva Accord "a brave initiative that opens the door to hope."

But up to 1,000 of his supporters paraded through the streets of Gaza denouncing the accord and branding its authors "cowards and collaborators with the Americans and Zionists."

Reactions to the Geneva peace plan are severe simply because it goes right to the heart of the Middle East conflict.

Whereas the floundering U.S.-led "road map" vaguely calls for the creation of a Palestinian state without any specified borders or details, the Geneva Accord is a precise 50-page document that maps out definitive boundaries and outlines a timetable for the withdrawal of the Israeli army from most of the occupied West Bank and Gaza Strip.

The Geneva Accord proposes:

- Creation of a wholly independent Palestinian state occupying all of Gaza and about 98% of the West Bank.

- The division of Jerusalem, with East Jerusalem incorporated into the Palestinian state.

- Palestinian sovereignty over the al-Aqsa Mosque compound in Jerusalem's walled Old City, while Israel controls parts of the Western Wall, which runs alongside the compound.

- Israeli incorporation of about 25% of existing Israeli settlements on the West Bank, leaving the remaining 75% inside the Palestinian state.

- Abandonment of most Palestinians' claims of any right to return to Israel. About 3.5 million Palestinians who lost land to the Israelis will receive some compensation.

- Palestinian recognition of Israel as a Jewish state and the end of violence against it.

- Setting up of a multinational peacekeeping force to oversee implementation of the peace plan;

- Finally, the accord would be regarded as a final and permanent peace settlement, resolving all existing UN resolutions.

On the face of it, the proposal seems too good to be true.

The fate of Palestinian refugees and the status of Jerusalem and its holy sites were the main obstacles that prevented the adoption of previous peace plans at Camp David in the summer of 2000 and several months later in talks at the Egyptian resort of Taba.

That failure led directly to the latest Palestinian revolt and the deaths of more than 3,000 people in three years of unrelenting violence.

Still, for some, the Geneva Accord offers a glimmer of hope in a time of war.

For others, its little more than surrender and an invitation to return to the failed Oslo peace process.

Mr. Beilin has little or no credibility among many Israelis, simply because he was the chief initiator of Oslo.

They note angrily that more Israelis have died in terrorist attacks in the 10 years since Mr. Arafat and Yitzhak Rabin, then the Israeli prime minister, signed the Oslo peace agreement in 1993 than in any decade in Israel's history.

Others accuse Mr. Beilin, who lost his Knesset seat in the last election, of engaging in subversive freelance diplomacy that undermines Israel's position in negotiations with the Palestinians.

For many Palestinian refugees, who have been dispossessed for decades, the accord dismisses all their claims to a "right of return" to what is now Israel. They say that ignores their suffering and removes all hope of regaining what they lost.

The accord remains anathema to many on both sides. But while 300 Israelis and Palestinian civilians have done what their current leaders have not been capable of doing, their work is no substitute for a real peace process.

The United States and the European powers may try to use the Geneva Accord to prod Israel and the Palestinians to resume work on their own "road map." But it remains to be seen if the accord is more than a distraction from reality or a genuine contribution to resolving the Middle East's turmoil.

Trafield
unregistered

Icon 4 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I originally posted this earlier on my own board at:
http://pub47.ezboard.com/bendtimesigns

I am really excited right now!

After witnessing an unprecedented era of prophecy fulfilment that began with the regathering of the Jews to the land of Israel a couple of decades before my birth, and after carefully listening to President Bush declare his vision of a Palestinian state "side-by-side" with the state of Israel, and knowing that after the horrible events of September 11, the world would not stand for another meaningless peace treaty between the Israelis and Palestinians, I sit here in awe at what my fingers are typing. Indeed, even recent reports of the microchip manufactuer, Applied Digital Solutions, in Paris to promote their grain-of-rice-sized microchip that can be placed under the skin for financial transactions, showed just how close we were to the end times.

But now I am writing of something bigger and even more prophetically significant. For the last two years, after Septemer 11, 2001, secret negotiations have been going on between the Israelis and the Palestinians with the aid of the U.S., Russia, the E.U., and the UN. These secret negotiations have apparently led to a secret signing of a treaty called the Geneva Accord. This accord calls the for the division of Jerusalem, with Jerusalem being the capital for both the state of Israel and Palestine! In addition this accord calls for an International monitoring force on the Temple Mount compound! This will be a direct fulfilment of Revelation 11:1-2!!
Despite Israel's concerns over the accord, there is a signing ceremony, probably a ratification ceremony, already being planned. I am posting an article from October that will give some important background on the developments:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
October 29, 2003, 23:45

http://www.nzz.ch/2003/10/29/english/page-synd4391406.html
Jimmy Carter backs Swiss peace plan
Former United States President Jimmy Carter is to be present at the formal signing in Geneva next month of an unofficial peace plan for the Middle East.

The Bush administration has chosen to remain on the sidelines, while the Israeli government says it is unhappy with Switzerland’s role in the affair.

Professor Alexis Keller, a Geneva-based academic and architect of the 60-page document, announced Carter’s support for the plan on Monday.

The “Geneva Accord” covers many divisive issues between Israelis and Palestinians: Jerusalem, a Palestinian state, the right of return for Palestinian refugees and Jewish settlements.

It was signed in Jordan on October 12 by a former Israeli cabinet minister, Yossi Beilin and his Palestinian counterpart, Yasser Abed Rabbo, following two years of secret negotiations.

The Swiss government has provided financial support and logistical help.

Nobel prizewinner
The Swiss authorities have warmly welcomed Carter’s presence in Geneva on November 20.

The former US president received the Nobel Peace Prize for successfully brokering one of the few breakthroughs in the Middle East conflict.

In 1978 he persuaded Israel’s Menahem Begin and Egypt’s Anwar Sadat to sign the Camp David Accords.

“This is a very positive and encouraging sign,” said Alex Biscaro, a spokesman for the Swiss embassy in Washington.

“A personality like Jimmy Carter has a certain aura because the former American president is seen as a symbol of hope – proof, especially for people in the Middle East, that it is possible to find a solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.”

Israel displeased
The embassy has denied that the signing of the accord – originally scheduled for November 4 – had been put back because of Israel’s “displeasure” at Switzerland’s actions.

Israel has made it clear that it is interested only in the US-backed “road map” for peace, viewing the Swiss-backed initiative as counterproductive.

“The reasons for this postponement are purely logistical,” Biscaro told swissinfo.

“Many people are involved and it has been difficult trying to find a date that suits everybody.”

Former US President Bill Clinton, who helped engineer the failed Oslo accords, has also been invited to attend the Geneva ceremony.

Dressing-down
On Monday the Israeli government summoned Claude Altermatt, the Swiss ambassador to Israel, telling him it had “serious reservations” about Switzerland’s role.

Israel is also unhappy that the Swiss foreign minister, Micheline Calmy-Rey, presented the peace plan to United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan in New York at the weekend.

The document was also discussed with the US deputy assistant secretary of state for Near Eastern affairs, David Satterfield.

Urs Ziswiler, an aide to Calmy-Rey, said Satterfield had taken note of the accord but “cannot and does not want to take a position on it”.

“But, for us, it is very important that the United States is not opposed to it,” he added.

This was echoed by Biscaro at the Washington embassy, who said that without Washington’s support any hope of resolving the conflict was dead in the water.

“It is important in the short term to establish an impetus [for peace], with the support of civil society in the region, which could eventually attract the support of the international community,” he said.

Israel was unhappy with the U.S. stepping aside from its roadmap plan, but now this plan is picking up steam, and a ratification is immenent. Here is another recent editorial on the Geneva Accord:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Wednesday December 3, 2003

http://www.jnewswire.com/editorial/03/10/031024_geneva.asp
JNW Editorial
Strategic slyness of the Geneva Accord
By Stan Goodenough
Jerusalem - October 24, 2003

So what's the big deal with the so-called Geneva Accord - the "agreement" concocted by a cabal of Israeli non-officials in cahoots with second-tier Palestinian leaders, and sprung upon the unsuspecting Jewish public just a few days ago?

Certainly it has some very dangerous, potentially disastrous elements, chief among them the offering up of Israel's holiest site in exchange for another Palestinian paper promise, this time that they will no longer insist on the "right" of their people to "return" to pre-1967 Israel and thereby flood out the Jews.

Yes, the agreement is enjoying the blessing of Shimon Peres, Oslo-Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin's eminence gris and the bastion of the Israeli left. It has also been smiled upon by Yasser Arafat, the man who more than any other has devoted his life to the destruction of Israel.

And yes, it is gaining currency and support abroad, first and foremost among the antisemitic French, who are wasting no time in trying to launch the agreement into the arena of international diplomacy for all to back and applaud.

All these are reasons for serious concern, and provide justification for blowing every possible hole into the "Geneva" before she slides off the slipway to be floated as the peace policy of a future Israeli government.

But the real threat posed by the Geneva Accord is glaring us right in the face. For this agreement is working right now effectively to increase support for the "Road Map" - a plan bent on creating a de facto Palestinian state within the next few months.

Reacting to the unlawfully spawned Geneva plan, many who before it was unveiled were opposed to the Road Map are now pointing out that the latter is the legitimate policy of Israel's democratically elected government.

And far from being shipwrecked by unrelenting Palestinian terrorism, the Map is being maneuvered into becoming, not just a Bush administration - or Quartet-sponsored peace plan, but the official Middle East policy of the entire United Nations, with no veto or no-vote from the United States.

For as those most concerned for Israel's security and survival persuade the Sharon government to denounce and dismiss "Geneva," they are inadvertently encouraging Israel to back right into the maw of the Road Map.

On October 9, Israel's ambassador to the United Nations, Dan Gillerman, warned that the Arab bloc was trying to maneuver the Security Council into fully backing the Road Map.

Today, instead of Syria - the only Arab state currently seated in the Security Council - it is Russia that is preparing to bring a resolution endorsing the Road Map in the council.

The US has said it will support the Russian draft, although Friday it called on Moscow to postpone presenting it to the council for another few weeks.

So, is "Geneva" helping to bring this about by accident or design?

Of the many things that can be said about chief leftist Yossi Beilin - the man who specializes in holding negotiations with Israel's blood-soaked foes behind the backs of its democratically elected governments - stupid is not one of them.

In his latest trick, Beilin has erected a smokescreen behind which he is likely working frenetically to see the Road Map gasp its way back into life.

The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language defines a smokescreen as:

1. A mass of dense artificial smoke used to conceal military areas or operations from an enemy.

2. An action or statement used to conceal actual plans or intentions.

Watching the way things are unfolding, I'd say both definitions rather precisely describe what the Geneva Accord is all about.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And now some keep articles from the Geneva Accord concerning Jerusalem and the Temple Mount (go to the link beloiw to view the accord in its entiretly):

http://www.monde-diplomatique.fr/cahier/proche-orient/a10414
Article 6 - Jerusalem

Article 6 - Jerusalem

1. Religious and Cultural Significance :

(a) The Parties recognize the universal historic, religious, spiritual, and cultural significance of Jerusalem and its holiness enshrined in Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. In recognition of this status, the Parties reaffirm their commitment to safeguard the character, holiness, and freedom of worship in the city and to respect the existing division of administrative functions and traditional practices between different denominations.

(b) The Parties shall establish an inter-faith body consisting of representatives of the three monotheistic faiths, to act as a consultative body to the Parties on matters related to the city’s religious significance and to promote inter-religious understanding and dialogue. The composition, procedures, and modalities for this body are set forth in Annex X.

2. Capital of Two States

The Parties shall have their mutually recognized capitals in the areas of Jerusalem under their respective sovereignty.

3. Sovereignty

Sovereignty in Jerusalem shall be in accordance with attached Map 2. This shall not prejudice nor be prejudiced by the arrangements set forth below.

5. al-Haram al-Sharif/Temple Mount (Compound)

(a) International Group

i. An International Group, composed of the IVG and other parties to be agreed upon by the Parties, including members of the Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC), shall hereby be established to monitor, verify, and assist in the implementation of this clause.

ii. For this purpose, the International Group shall establish a Multinational Presence on the Compound, the composition, structure, mandate and functions of which are set forth in Annex X.

iii. The Multinational Presence shall have specialized detachments dealing with security and conservation. The Multinational Presence shall make periodic conservation and security reports to the International Group. These reports shall be made public.

iv. The Multinational Presence shall strive to immediately resolve any problems arising and may refer any unresolved disputes to the International Group that will function in accordance with Article 16.

v. The Parties may at any time request clarifications or submit complaints to the International Group which shall be promptly investigated and acted upon.

vi. The International Group shall draw up rules and regulations to maintain security on and conservation of the Compound. These shall include lists of the weapons and equipment permitted on the site.

(b) Regulations Regarding the Compound

i. In view of the sanctity of the Compound, and in light of the unique religious and cultural significance of the site to the Jewish people, there shall be no digging, excavation, or construction on the Compound, unless approved by the two Parties. Procedures for regular maintenance and emergency repairs on the Compound shall be established by the IG after consultation with the Parties.

ii. The state of Palestine shall be responsible for maintaining the security of the Compound and for ensuring that it will not be used for any hostile acts against Israelis or Israeli areas. The only arms permitted on the Compound shall be those carried by the Palestinian security personnel and the security detachment of the Multinational Presence.

iii. In light of the universal significance of the Compound, and subject to security considerations and to the need not to disrupt religious worship or decorum on the site as determined by the Waqf, visitors shall be allowed access to the site. This shall be without any discrimination and generally be in accordance with past practice.

(c) Transfer of Authority

i. At the end of the withdrawal period stipulated in Article 5/7, the state of Palestine shall assert sovereignty over the Compound.

ii. The International Group and its subsidiary organs shall continue to exist and fulfill all the functions stipulated in this Article unless otherwise agreed by the two Parties.

6. The Wailing Wall

The Wailing Wall shall be under Israeli sovereignty.

Wow!! Do you know how significant this is?!
Not only will there be international peacekeepers on the Temple Mount compound as prophecied in Revelation 11:1-2, but the Wailing Wall will be under Israeli sovereignty!
This is a sharing of the Temple Mount area, and when this plan goes forward, the construction of the third temple, sitting side-by-side of the Muslim's dome of the rock, cannot be far away!
And though the Geneva Accord does not list a seven year timeline, the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court ( see http://iccnow.org/ ) does have a seven year clause for any nation yielding its legal soveriegnty to the world Court. And this plan was apparently already signed, though not ratified in the nation of Jordon. And Jordon is a signed party to the Rome Statute! And so the Geneva Accord would fall under the legal juridiction of the Rome Statute which has ultimate authority and again, does have a seven year tranition clause in the statute!
Indeed, we can be on the threshold of the final seven years that leads to the glorious return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Even so, come Lord Jesus!!
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit!

Tracy

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement