Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » "When Cash Is Only Skin Deep"

Author Topic: "When Cash Is Only Skin Deep"
Trafield
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, J4Jesus, many of us know better... [Wink]
http://pub47.ezboard.com/fendtimesignsfrm9.showMessage?topicID=1.topic

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J4Jesus
unregistered

Well what are ya'll worried about???? Of course ya'll won't take the mark, ya'll will be in Heaven. The Rapture. Remember?? Good Stuff.
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Softtouch,

my answer to your question is correct, all you have to do to be eternally damned is take the mark. No matter what it is, if someone is ignorant of the devices of Satan and somehow takes the mark they are eternally lost, and according to Scripture it is a literal mark of some kind in the flesh.

Anything that comes along that requires me to make a choice that if I do not take I can not buy or to sell. The choice is simple, I will not take it.

I believe the reason we are seeing a growing trend toward body piercing, is to get people to see no danger in some type of marking system in the flesh.

The Jews were tattooed during WW2, but they had no choice.

Satan will not be able to damn someone for eternity if they have no choice.

The “Chip” is very likely to be the “Mark”, under no circumstance will I freely receive a microchip.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do not believe that the Mark will be forced on any. I believe it will be taken voluntarily. It seems to me that taking the mark is a form of worship of the beast.

Revelation 13:16 And it maketh all, the small, and the great, and the rich, and the poor, and the freemen, and the servants, that it may give to them a mark upon their right hand or upon their foreheads,

Revelation 13:17 and that no one may be able to buy, or to sell, except he who is having the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Revelation 14:9 And a third messenger did follow them, saying in a great voice, ‘If any one the beast doth bow before, and his image, and doth receive a mark upon his forehead, or upon his hand,

Revelation 14:11 and the smoke of their torment doth go up to ages of ages; and they have no rest day and night, who are bowing before the beast and his image, also if any doth receive the mark of his name.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What cracked me up was their statement that it couldn't be the Mark of the Beast because it is voluntary....

The Bible doesn't say that you have to verbably renounce Yeshua (Jesus) and take the mark... does it? [Wink] From my understanding of what I've read in Revelation, all you have to do is recieve the mark, and you've rejected Messiah...

Is this correct?

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is here! We knew it was coming but it is here! Implantable Payment device for humans!!!

PALM BEACH, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 21, 2003--Applied Digital Solutions, Inc. (Nasdaq: ADSX - News) an advanced technology development company, announced that the Company's Chief Executive Officer, Scott R. Silverman, in his speech today at the ID World 2003 in Paris, France, revealed the Company's newest subdermal RFID solution called VeriPay(TM). VeriPay is intended to be a secure, subdermal RFID (radio frequency identification) payment technology for cash and credit transactions.

About the size of a grain of rice, VeriChip(TM) is the world's first subdermal, radio frequency identification (RFID) microchip that can be used in a variety of security, financial, emergency identification and other applications.

The VeriPay announcement came just a few days after a USA Today article (November 17, 2003) about emerging technologies highlighted one of the major limitations of using RFID technology for payment and credit transactions. After discussing various potential formats for RFID payment systems, including cards, earrings or pens, the USA Today article stated: "Still, experts note that one big hurdle remains for RFID systems: security. Lose your RFID-enabled card or earring, and someone else could easily use it to run up charges - especially if no signature is required."

In that same article, an executive with a major credit card company said this about his company's RFID payment technology: "Ultimately, it could be embedded in anything - someday, maybe even under the skin."

At ID World 2003 in Paris, Mr. Silverman made the point that the subdermal RFID VeriPay technology specifically addresses the security issue. VeriPay's unique, under-the-skin format offers a much more secure, tamper-proof, and loss-proof solution. VeriPay brings to consumers the benefits of fast and reliable RFID technology along with the security of a subdermal format.

In announcing VeriPay to ID World delegates, Mr. Silverman expressed his belief that VeriPay has enormous marketplace potential and invited banking and credit companies to partner with VeriChip Corporation in developing specific commercial applications, beginning with appropriate pilot programs and other market tests, for the VeriPay subdermal RFID solution.

About ID World 2003

ID World is organized by Wise Media, S.p.A., based in Milan, Italy. This year special attention will be given to the future of security systems. The modern security infrastructure relies on specialized systems, software applications and technical standards built on different foundations for the physical world (i.e. access control to buildings) and the virtual world (i.e. IT security). With industrial spies, terrorists, hackers and vandals increasing their ability to operate in both environments, the traditional compartmental approach to security is evolving towards an increasingly holistic view. Key industry players that traditionally focused either on physical or digital security explain how the boundaries of these worlds are blurring and how global security infrastructures are converging to address both environments with integrated solutions.

Over 30 speakers will take the stage at ID WORLD 2003, a majority of which are senior corporate executives and key industry players. Confirmed speakers include: David Slinger, General Manager of Texas Instruments RFID; Mauro Benetton, Marketing Manager of the Benetton Group and President of Lab ID; Dr Joseph Atick, President and CEO of Identix, Joseph Grillo, President and CEO of Assa Abloy ITG; General John Watkins, former director of the Pentagon's Defense Information Systems Agency; and Francois Darcy, Directeur Projet Titre Fondateur - Ministere de l'Interieur, Republique Francaise.

For more information about ID World 2003, visit www.idworldonline.com. For more information about Global ID Magazine, visit www.global-id-magazine.com

About VeriChip(TM)

VeriChip is a subdermal, radio frequency identification (RFID) device that can be used in a variety of security, financial, emergency identification and other applications. About the size of a grain of rice, each VeriChip product contains a unique verification number that is captured by briefly passing a proprietary scanner over the VeriChip. The standard location of the microchip is in the triceps area between the elbow and the shoulder of the right arm. The brief outpatient "chipping" procedure lasts just a few minutes and involves only local anesthetic followed by quick, painless insertion of the VeriChip. Once inserted just under the skin, the VeriChip is inconspicuous to the naked eye. A small amount of radio frequency energy passes from the scanner energizing the dormant VeriChip, which then emits a radio frequency signal transmitting the verification number. In October 2002, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) ruled that VeriChip is not a regulated device with regard to its security, financial, personal identification/safety applications but that VeriChip's healthcare information applications are regulated by the FDA. VeriChip Corporation is a wholly owned subsidiary of Applied Digital Solutions (Nasdaq: ADSX - News). For more information about VeriChip, visit www.adsx.com.

About Applied Digital Solutions, Inc.

Applied Digital Solutions is an advanced technology development company that focuses on a range of life-enhancing, personal safeguard technologies, early warning alert systems, miniaturized power sources and security monitoring systems combined with the comprehensive data management services required to support them. Through its Advanced Technology Group, the Company specializes in security-related data collection, value-added data intelligence and complex data delivery systems for a wide variety of end users including commercial operations, government agencies and consumers. Applied Digital Solutions owns a majority position in Digital Angel Corporation (AMEX: DOC - News). For more information, visit the Company's website at www.adsx.com.

Statements about the Company's future expectations, including future revenues and earnings, and all other statements in this press release other than historical facts are "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and as that term is defined in the Private Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties and are subject to change at any time, and the Company's actual results could differ materially from expected results. The Company undertakes no obligation to update forward-looking statements to reflect subsequently occurring events or circumstances.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEOcast, Inc.
Investor Contact: Ken Sgro, 212-732-4300
kensgro@ceocast.com
or
Ovations International, Inc.
Media Contact: Matthew Cossolotto, 914-245-9721
matthew@ovations.com

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

Yes, Softtouch, it is coming fast! I feel that we are witnessing the technology development that will be used for the 'mark.'
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no idea if this will become the Mark or not, but it certainly is coming at us fast....

When Cash Is Only Skin Deep by Julia Scheeres

Story location: http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,61357,00.html

02:00 AM Nov. 25, 2003 PT

A Florida company has announced plans to develop a service that would allow consumers to pay for merchandise using microchips implanted under their skin.

Applied Digital Solutions CEO Scott Silverman said he believes the company's VeriChip -- a subdermal microchip that uses radio frequency signals to broadcast an identification number to a scanner -- could someday replace credit cards.

Under Silverman's plan, rather than swiping a bank card to make purchases, micro-chipped customers would scan themselves using special readers.

Although the biochip payment plan may strike some people as a bit X Files-ish, financial transactions using radio frequency identification, or RFID, are already commonplace in some areas.

ExxonMobil's Speedpass, for example, is a key-chain fob containing an RFID tag that is linked to the holder's credit card; users wave the fob in front of a scanner integrated into a gas pump, and their fuel purchase is charged to their credit card account within seconds.

Recently more than 400 McDonald's restaurants in the greater Chicago area started using the Speedpass system to allow customers to more conveniently buy their burgers and fries.

Meanwhile, MasterCard is testing an RFID-enabled credit card called PayPass. Like the Speedpass, the revamped card uses RFID to access the user's financial information and obviates the need for signatures or interactions with store clerks. In an interview with USA Today last week, a senior MasterCard executive said the company is considering integrating its RFID technology into other items, such as pens or earrings.

"Ultimately, it could be embedded in anything -- someday, maybe even under the skin," the executive said.

Which is where the VeriChip folks come in. RFID-enabled pens or jewelry could be easily lost or stolen, but RFID-enabled humans are bit harder to tamper with.

"We are the only ones out there offering implantable ID technology," said Silverman, who announced the "VeriPay" service during a speech Friday at ID World 2003 in Paris. "We believe the market will evolve to use our product."

Although he acknowledged that a final product may be a few years away, Silverman invited banks and credit card companies to collaborate in developing commercial applications using VeriPay. In the near future, Silverman said, the chip could be used as an added antifraud device in financial transactions -- ATM users could enter their PIN and get scanned, for example.

Richard M. Smith, a privacy and security consultant, said one of the biggest hurdles facing the VeriPay system might be the squeamishness of potential users.

"VeriPay will offer some conveniences over RFID credit cards, but I think most people will be creeped out with the idea of putting little radio transmitters in their bodies," Smith said.

Meanwhile, Applied Digital has attracted scorn from some fundamentalist Christians, who believe that VeriChip is the fabled "mark of the beast" of biblical lore. According to the book of Revelation, Satan will someday force people to "receive a mark" on their hands or foreheads in order to buy or sell.

"This is a gigantic step toward the mark of the beast, " said Gary Wohlscheid, whose website, These Last Days Ministries, keeps tabs on what many Christians believe are the signs of a coming religious Armageddon. His site is one of dozens that link VeriChip to the apocalyptic prophecy.

Applied Digital officials say such concern is unfounded because people are chipped voluntarily.

The VeriPay service is one of several the company has launched to promote its product.

Applied Digital has positioned its microchip as an anti-kidnapping device (VeriKid), emergency ID system (VeriMed) and as a way to control access to secure buildings (VeriGuard).

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement