Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Bush declares Muslims and Christians worship same God!

Author Topic: Bush declares Muslims and Christians worship same God!
Trafield
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, Mac. I couldn't tell what you were saying so I was trying to be funny. My apologies...

God Bless,

Tracy

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It means that i see what you mean, What would you like to hear. [updown]

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

quote:
Ooh I see! You just where pointing out his unfruitfulness.. And I can’t think whatever I want it would be a disaster I have to rely as much as I can on the Word of God.

[Roll Eyes]

Riiiiiight....(whatever that means...)

Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh I see! You just where pointing out his unfruitfulness.. And I can’t think whatever I want it would be a disaster I have to rely as much as I can on the Word of God.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
MAC

--------------------

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

quote:
For if he have all this atributes on him he is a curse and a ANTI.
No, it may just mean that he is lost. It may mean he doesn't care if he's lost. It may mean that he is against God. It may mean that he thinks he knows God, but doesn't know him at all. Only God knows all of these things. But I still have my own opinion and do not wish him harm. Even if I thought he was THE Antichrist, my stating this position would not be cursing Bush. It may be an incorrect assumption, but certainly not a curse.
Maybe you should look up the word 'curse.'

Regardless, pointing out bad fruit is not cursing, it is called edification. But you go on and think what you want. [wiggle7]

Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trafield you have mention "This solidifies my position on Bush" that Bush is a "Pretender"

1. One who simulates, pretends, or alleges falsely; a hypocrite or dissembler.
2. One who sets forth a claim, especially a claimant to a throne.
3.and is helping to pave the way for the coming one-world governmental system.
4.You cannot be a genuine Christian and believe there are other ways to the Father! If you believe there are other ways to the Father besides Jesus Christ, then you obviously do not know Jesus and the Father are one and therefore do not worship him as God.

Know all this been said, this makes him and "ANTI" and this why I used that verse.
For if he have all this atributes on him he is a curse and a ANTI.

Am I misreading your words?

In Christ Jesus
MAC

--------------------

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Trafield:
quote:
Exo 22:28 You shall not revile God, nor curse the ruler of your people.
Mac, are you insuiating that anybody cursed Bush? To curse somone means to wish evil upon them. I don't think anyone here wants bad things to happen to Bush, we are just observing his bad fruit. And he is the one who keeps answering these theological questions instead of leaving them for the theologians.

But President Bush should be prayed for as God is the one who sets up rulers. And he is the one who will bring them down. I just pray God don't take the U.S. down with him. [Prayer]

I totally agree. I would never wish anything bad on our president (even when it was Clinton <shiver>), but we Do Need to Pray for him!

Hopefully if enough true Believers in the right places hear this quote, then they'll be able to talk to him about it... I hope!

As for America, we're going to have to go down at some point in time... I don't know when or how, but unless the AC is coming from inside here (which I don't think is Biblical - but then again who knows? America is a pretty good representation of Rome its self...) then we'll have to either be removed completely or at the very least made ineffective.

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

quote:
Mac, are you insuiating that anybody cursed Bush? To curse somone means to wish evil upon them. I don't think anyone here wants bad things to happen to Bush, we are just observing his bad fruit. And he is the one who keeps answering these theological questions instead of leaving them for the theologians.

But President Bush should be prayed for as God is the one who sets up rulers. And he is the one who will bring them down. I just pray God don't take the U.S. down with him. [Prayer]

Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am voting for some of the pricipals that he have for this nation and family not for his doctrine for if we look back we have voted for worst mans in office.

--------------------

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 9 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm having some Very Serious doubts about our president [Frown] I was one who thought he was a true Christian... I plan to share this information with others. He needs to be held accountable if he really said these things!

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

Amen Phillip! [thumbsup2]
Trafield
unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This solidifies my position on Bush; that he is a pretender, and is helping to pave the way for the coming one-world governmental system. Yet many Christians sleep on...
You cannot be a genuine Christian and believe there are other ways to the Father! If you believe there are other ways to the Father besides Jesus Christ, then you obviously do not know Jesus and the Father are one and therefore do not worship him as God!
Remember Matthew 7:21...

But bless you Tom DeLay for your comments! [clap2]

http://www.jnewswire.com/news_archive/03/11/031121_delay.asp

Friday November 28, 2003

JNW News
DeLay: 'It's not occupied territory, it's Israel'
By Jerusalem Newswire Editorial Staff
November 21, 2003

Jerusalem (jnewwire.com) - Fundamental faith issues relating to the God of Israel and the Land of Israel surfaced in the media this week, casting light on the basic beliefs of two of the United States' top politicians, House Majority Leader Tom DeLay and President George W. Bush.

DeLay told a gathering in New York Sunday that the land the world calls the occupied territory is in fact Israel's land.

And speaking to reporters during his state visit to London Friday, Bush said he believed Christians and Muslims worship the same god - an interpretation rejected by Bible-believing Christians.

'I see Israel'

Addressing an annual award event of the Zionist Organization of America (ZOA), DeLay told of how, when he recently stood on the Golan Heights and looked across the region, "I didn't see any occupied territory, I only saw Israel."

DeLay called for "expanding military and economic relations between Israel and the United States," and said that there must be "complete economic, social and political reform" among the Palestinian Arabs, according to a ZOA press release.

A self-professed Christian Zionist, DeLay holds a position on Israel shared by millions of evangelical Christians across the globe, but which the world at large regards as fanatical fundamentalism.

According to evangelical belief, the deity known in the Bible as the Lord God of Israel gave the land of Israel, central to which are the "occupied territories" or West Bank," to the descendants of Abraham through Isaac and Jacob as their inheritance forever.

DeLay, who has visited Israel on numerous occasions, has openly declared his support for the Jewish state and its right to the disputed land, undaunted by the hostile coverage given such sentiments by the largely anti-Christian and anti-Israel international press.

Allah is Lord

President George W. Bush, widely regarded as a sincere Christian who has acknowledged that he reads the Bible every day, made a statement Friday which, when publicized, will likely make waves in the Evangelical Christian community.

Attending an event during his state visit to the United Kingdom, Bush fielded a question from a reporter who wanted to know whether the president believed that Muslims worshiped the same god he did.

According to BP News, the reporter asked Bush his thoughts on how the war on terrorism and his promotion of freedom intersected with his Christian faith.

"Mr. President, when you talk about peace in the Middle East, you've often said that freedom is granted by the Almighty," the reporter asked. "Some people who share your beliefs don't believe that Muslims worship the same Almighty. I wonder about your views on that…"

"I do say that freedom is the Almighty's gift to every person. I also condition it by saying freedom is not America's gift to the world. It's much greater than that, of course. And I believe we worship the same God."

His reply, BP noted, was "likely to upset evangelicals and other members of his Christian base."

Creed clash

Central to the Christian creed is the dogma that God is the Creator of all life, that He is the Father of Jesus the Messiah, and that the only way for mankind to enter into a relationship with God is through Jesus.

Christians believe that God is love, and that He desires to have a personal relationship with man.

And like DeLay, they believe that Israel was and remains God's Chosen People, and that their right to settle the Land of Israel is sacrosanct.

Islam teaches that Allah has no son, and that both Jews and Christians have distorted the Hebrew Scriptures and the New Testament.

Muslims believe that they have an Allah-given responsibility to kill Jews wherever they find them, and that doing so gives them instant access to paradise.

And those who follow Allah believe that all the land of Israel is an Islamic Waqf or sacred trust - that no Jewish sovereign entity is permitted on any part of the land.

Allah the issue

The identity of God vs Allah is a political hot potato in the United States and in other western country's with large evangelical populations.

In a recent case that earned a great deal of outraged press coverage, United States Army Lieutenant General William Boykin, deputy undersecretary of defense for intelligence, was pilloried for telling a church congregation that Muslims worshipped "an idol."

Boykin was reportedly forced to backtrack and issue a public apology for making the remark.

In October 2002, high-profile American pastor, Jerry Falwell, caused a furor when he described the "prophet" Mohammed as "a terrorist."

Mohammed did indeed birth Islam with the sword and mass murder of his adversaries. However, one week after making his controversial statement, Falwell too was forced to apologize for offending Muslims.

No one looks set to succeed in forcing an apology out of DeLay, who has loing remained steadfast in his beliefs.

Addressing a session of the Israeli Knesset on July 30 this year, DeLay told Israel that it was "the position of the people of the United States, as expressed by their representatives in Congress, that Israel's fight is our fight."

He blessed Israel and the United States in the name of "the God of Abraham," and encouraged them ""in His name, to not be afraid."

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement