Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Third Temple Questions

Author Topic: Third Temple Questions
Chris Alstad
Advanced Member
Member # 2534

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Chris Alstad   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To; Huggy bear

In answer to your question concerning the third temple. It is described in the book of Ezekiel, at starting at chapter 40. Which, I must say is very seldom discussed. The reason for this, is because of the dimension given by Ezekiel does not fit into most of the theologies of today. It is much to large and would cover the entire city of Jerusalem. Therefore it would be an impossibility to build, esp, if it had to be built upon the old site that was destroyed in 70 AD. This temple is described in Rev. chapter 11. Christ made reference to destroying the temple and rebuilding it in three days. Which he did, it is the invisible church of Jesus Christ. not a physical pile of stones. I hope I have not confused you. God built a new temple after the destruction of the old one was destroyed, and He now resides in this new structure, called the body of Christ. This is what the Apostles were saying, when they wrote, "know you not, that you are the temple of God." You, therefore, as a Christian, become one of the living stones that make up this temple. I find this very humbling as well as exciting.

www.CMM3.com

Posts: 68 | From: California | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hisvessel1
Community Member
Member # 2424

Icon 3 posted      Profile for hisvessel1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Huggybear.
I believe you will find want you asked about the third temple in Dan.9:27. The second temple was destroyed by Rome in A.D.70. If you believe in the 7 yr. tribulation, then the temple will be built, and midway through the tribulation, antichrist will desicrate it... [wave3]

--------------------
HV1

Posts: 9 | From: N.Y. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hisvessel1
Community Member
Member # 2424

Icon 3 posted      Profile for hisvessel1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Born Again,
I'm new to the board. I agree with Soft Touch, show some compassion. We all don't read scriptures like other folks do. As to the third temple, it hasn't been built yet. The second temple was destroyed by the Romans in A.D.70 [according to scripture]. The third temple will be built during the tribulation, when antichrist makes a treaty with Israel. [ this hasn't happened yet either ]. About midpoint through the
tribulation, antichrist will desicrate the temple.
You guessed it, I'm pre-trib.. [Wink] [Prayer]

--------------------
HV1

Posts: 9 | From: N.Y. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Forever His
Advanced Member
Member # 25

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Forever His     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The "temple" is mentioned 15 times in the book of Revelation. I have cut and pasted the verses here. I think that they make an interesting read.

3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, [which is] new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and [I will write upon him] my new name.

7:15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

11:1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
11:2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty [and] two months.

11:19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

14:15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.
14:16 And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.
14:17 And another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle.

15:5 And after that I looked, and, behold, the temple of the tabernacle of the testimony in heaven was opened:
15:6 And the seven angels came out of the temple, having the seven plagues, clothed in pure and white linen, and having their breasts girded with golden girdles.
15:7 And one of the four beasts gave unto the seven angels seven golden vials full of the wrath of God, who liveth for ever and ever.
15:8 And the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God, and from his power; and no man was able to enter into the temple, till the seven plagues of the seven angels were fulfilled.

Chapter 16

16:1 And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth.

16:17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.

21:21 And the twelve gates [were] twelve pearls: every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city [was] pure gold, as it were transparent glass.
21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

Truthfully there isn't much said about an earthly temple is there?

Blesings
Forever His

Posts: 719 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And then there is always the possibility that the temple of God simply refers to the body of that person:

1 Corinthians 3
16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

1 Corinthians 3
17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

That is, whereas the Man of Sin should have his body be the temple of the Holy Spirit, instead, he himself sits proudly on the throne of his body, declaring himself to be god, as so many Egyptian pharaohs did before him. And if that be the case, then a physical temple is not even being contemplated.

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN [Cross]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PhilipIHS:
quote:
Originally posted by SoftTouch:
2 thessalonians 2 - Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

I'm bothered that there's no mention of the building of a third temple. And, also, how will a new temple be the temple of God?
Excellent question and one I don't have an answer to myself. I'd be interested to see if anyone else does, but this thread doesn't seem to be getting a lot of notice in here..????

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

But this is very close to actually stating it: Your quote SoftTouch, is
quote:
(The abomination that causes desolation is also refered to in Revelation when speaking of the Anti-Christ)
I'll try to add more compassion to it, by the way, but some things are difficult for me to say with compassion, especially when someone, anyone, states, particularly when referring to prophecy, "Oh, the Bible states so and so" when the Bible actually does not actually say that at all and the poster is actually stating a personal opinion that s/he thinks it refers to. So, sorry, it gets my Phinehas stirred up a little.

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I stand corrected that Revelation does not mention Anti-Christ as such. Although I'm pretty sure I didn't say that the Abomination that causes desolation IS the AC. I know that isn't true.

About the Abomination of Desolation, as I understand it, it was a statue erected in the Temple in Alexander the Great's time and they sacrificed a pig on the alter to it. Is this wrong?

I understand your wanting to correct information that may not be word for word correct here, but I would ask that you please do so with a little more compassion please? I'm feeling like I'm being swatted instead of gently corrected. I just thought I'd be honest about it. There really are gentler ways of putting things [Wink]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Hello SoftTouch, you say
quote:
(The abomination that causes desolation is also refered to in Revelation when speaking of the Anti-Christ)
It nowhere directly states in the New Testament, nor in the book of Revelation that this abomination which causes desolation is the Antichrist.

In fact, the word antichrist only appears in 1 John, and John said that there were already many antichrists in his day. The person you are referring to is only called in the Bible the son of perdition and the man of sin and That Wicked One.

So you are only stating an opinion when you say that the abomination which causes desolation refers to the Anti-Christ, but the Bible does not direclty says so.
quote:
Here are two others from the New Testement

Matthew 24

15"So when you see standing in the holy place 'the abomination that causes desolation,'[1] spoken of through the prophet Daniel--let the reader understand—

Regarding the bolded part, has it ever occurred to you that the reader in the first century A.D. of the book of Matthew was supposed to understand what was meant by the abomination of desolation?

What? How is it that they could have had an understanding of the abomination of desolation in the first century A.D. of something, that according to a lot of more Christian teachings, is supposed to occur 1,900 years later in a future which they had not the foggiest idea of.

It would be the same as us trying to understand in 2003 something that will not happen until the year 3,900 A.D., would it not?

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Here's one from Daniel

Daniel 11
31 "His armed forces will rise up to desecrate the temple fortress and will abolish the daily sacrifice. Then they will set up the abomination that causes desolation.

Here are two others from the New Testement

Matthew 24

15"So when you see standing in the holy place 'the abomination that causes desolation,'[1] spoken of through the prophet Daniel--let the reader understand—

2 thessalonians 2 - Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

--------------------

HuggyBear
Advanced Member
Member # 2195

Icon 5 posted      Profile for HuggyBear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What scripture in Daniel and/or Revelations points to a Third Temple?

Thank you for your Help

--------------------
(1Corinthians 13:13) Right now three things remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Posts: 32 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement