Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » REVELATION: QUESTIONS

Author Topic: REVELATION: QUESTIONS
Trafield
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Merry Christmas, Mac.
It is another day closer to the return of out Lord! A day I am eagerly awaiting! [clap2]

Romans 13:11
11And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

Romans 8:18-25
18For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.19For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.20For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope21that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God.
22For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.23And not only this, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body.24 For in hope we have been saved, but hope that is seen is not hope; for who hopes for what he already sees?25But if we hope for what we do not see, with perseverance we wait eagerly for it.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes you are correct, The Kingdom Of God..

Merry Christmas..

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

quote:
Oh yes indeed to be in watch (prayer)..
Prayer is one way to watch, but we cannot limit it to prayer. The scripture I posted makes it clear that it is an active watching. This means praying, it means studying the Word, it means watching the times, watching the people and the situations around us, it means staying alert so that we may know that when we are in the season of the Lord's return. It means going about the King's business with a sense of urgency because we know the time is short.

Matthew 6:33
But seek first the kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What I meant was let us not loose our sleep in many worries for He is in control and all that He has planned in His good counsel will come to pass.

Oh yes indeed to be in watch (prayer)..

--------------------

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

quote:
When the times come we will see Him, in the mean time let us fix ours eyes on Him and not be consume with the seasons.

We are commanded to watch, Mac, not to ignore the seasons. Indeed, watching the seasons for the return of the Lord is keeping our eyes fixed on him.
This is made quite clear in God's Word.

Romans 13:11
11And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

1 Thessalonians 5:4-6
4But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief: 5for ye are all sons of light, and sons of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness;
6so then let us not sleep, as do the rest, but let us watch and be sober.

Matthew 24:42-46
42Watch therefore: for ye know not on what day your Lord cometh. 43But know this, that if the master of the house had known in what watch the thief was coming, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken through. 44Therefore be ye also ready; for in an hour that ye think not the Son of man cometh. 45Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath set over his household, to give them their food in due season? 46Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

Matthew 25:1-13
Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, who took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. 2And five of them were foolish, and five were wise. 3For the foolish, when they took their lamps, took no oil with them: 4but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. 5Now while the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept. 6But at midnight there is a cry, Behold, the bridegroom! Come ye forth to meet him. 7Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps. 8And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are going out. 9But the wise answered, saying, Peradventure there will not be enough for us and you: go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves. 10And while they went away to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage feast: and the door was shut. 11Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. 12But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not. 13Watch therefore, for ye know not the day nor the hour.

Luke 12:35-39
35Let your loins be girded about, and your lamps burning; 36and be ye yourselves like unto men looking for their lord, when he shall return from the marriage feast; that, when he cometh and knocketh, they may straightway open unto him. 37Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them sit down to meat, and shall come and serve them. 38And if he shall come in the second watch, and if in the third, and find them so blessed are those servants. 39But know this, that if the master of the house had known in what hour the thief was coming, he would have watched, and not have left his house to be broken through. 40Be ye also ready: for in an hour that ye think not the Son of man cometh.

Revelation 1:3
3Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of the prophecy, and keep the things that are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When the times come we will see Him in the clouds, in the mean time let us fix our eyes on Him and not be consume with the seasons.

--------------------

Trafield
unregistered

Bill, I answer most of your questions on another thread. Go to the following link and then scroll down a few posts to my article entitled,
'Why I Believe We Will Witness the Antichrist Revealed Before the Rapture'
http://thechristianbbs.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001615

God Bless,
Tracy

Chris Alstad
Advanced Member
Member # 2534

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Chris Alstad   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To Bill Kranch

The answer to your questions will depend on what theory, or branch of theology you prefer. There are so many, it is hard to seperate them. Most Americans, I think, are pre-trib, and their theories are many. If you want pre-trib answer, good luck. Most don't even agree within their own ranks. The book of Revelation is a comprehensive study that could take a year to cover the entire book. To large to cover here on this post. Also it's difficult to jump into the middle of the book and understand it.

The book is divided into two sections, ch. 1-11 and 12-22. Each covers much the same ground but with different perspectives. Each section is divided into 2 sections, with a prelude at the beginning of the first section. (Intro. and Letters to the churches.) Few people teach this book in its entirety, but there are some who do. Depends on your interest. If you are looking for prophecy as(future predicting), you want find it in this book. And I'm sure this statement will bring out the wolves. I teach the book but not from a pre-trib perspective. Let me know if there is more interest in this subject. Perhaps I can help.

I am new to computing, so I make a lot of mistakes. Patience is required. One of my posts should have stated, (Saved by Grace, faith or works). But I posted it before I realized what I typed. Instead I posted it as Grace or works. Big mistake on my part. Made me look stupid, I know. Eating crow here.

www.CMM3.com

Posts: 68 | From: California | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I look forward to reading more of this BA, I'd never considered that before [Smile]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bill Kranch, I have a book at home which talks about this, and I'll try to post some of it later, but is has to do with bifids and the step-ladder composition of Revelation. It steps up the ladder from Chapter 1 to 12 in which the kingdoms of the world become the kingdoms of our Lord, and then steps down the ladder in Chapters 13-22.

A long time ago I also did a study in Revelation of how many times the earth is destroyed and the stars fall from the sky and the heavens are rolled up, and found that the earth, heavens, etc. would have to be put back together first before the next segment of Revelation could take place.

Note, for instance, that already in Revelation Chapter 6 the heavens are rolled up:

Revelation 6
12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

The point is that because of these repetitive total destructions, the chapters of the book of Revelation cannot be consecutive but must be concurrent. That is, the various bowl, vial, etc., sections are but multi-varied descriptions of one and the same event(s).

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN [Cross]

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Kranch:
Is the Tribulation Period seven or three and a half years in length?

Does Revelation 12:6 belong with the first five verses of this chapter (past history) or does it belong with the last verses of this chapter (future prophecy}?

Why is this event mentioned twice in this chapter (verses 6 and 14}?

In Revelation 10:7, we find the following words, "But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, ---" Who was the seventh angel? What is the mystery of God?

Does God's trumpet and vial judgments run in tandem? Are there only seven judgments and not 14 as is commonly supposed?

Is the Tribulation Period only three and a half years in duration and not seven as is commonly supposed?

In regard to the Book of Revelation, I have a lot more questions but these should suffice for the moment.

In His love,

Bill Kranch

From what I understand of the Tribulation period, it will be 7 years. The Anti-Christ will be reigning on earth during that time and the first half of the 7 years will "seem" peaceful (except for the natural diasters and other signs from Matthew 24 which will be escallating in intensity and quickness). The last half of the 7 years the true nature of the AC will be revealed and that's when he'll have Believers and Jews killed and all out war will cover the earth.

As for the Judgements... there are 7 bowls of Judgement and then 7 bowls of God's Wrath. That may be where you thought there were 14 Judgements... they are two different things.

This is why I wonder about the timing of the rapture. The Bible says that God's children are not appointed to His Wrath (which to me indicates the 7 bowls of wrath). Also, I'm not convinced that Believers will be raptured before the tribulation because if they were, then who would the AC declare war on? Who are the Saints who were beheaded for their testimony mentioned in Revelations?

As for the other questions, I'll have to defer to someone with more knowledge on this subject. I'm definitely No expert! I'm also not at all certain that the popular books are all correct. I'm very interested in this subject, but the study it would require to figure it all out would become too time consuming and I need to devote myself to more time just learning how to better my relationship with Jesus, learn his Word, and walk His way [Wink]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Kranch
Member # 2365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Kranch   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is the Tribulation Period seven or three and a half years in length?

Does Revelation 12:6 belong with the first five verses of this chapter (past history) or does it belong with the last verses of this chapter (future prophecy}?

Why is this event mentioned twice in this chapter (verses 6 and 14}?

In Revelation 10:7, we find the following words, "But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, ---" Who was the seventh angel? What is the mystery of God?

Does God's trumpet and vial judgments run in tandem? Are there only seven judgments and not 14 as is commonly supposed?

Is the Tribulation Period only three and a half years in duration and not seven as is commonly supposed?

In regard to the Book of Revelation, I have a lot more questions but these should suffice for the moment.

In His love,

Bill Kranch

Posts: 2 | From: Sanford, FL 32771 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement