Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Preparations for Third Jewish Temple

Author Topic: Preparations for Third Jewish Temple
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally I am always amazed how someone (in this case, rapturewatcher) can spin such an elaborate tale of what is going to happen, with as little information as the Bible actually provides on this subject.

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN [Cross]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Rapturewatcher [Smile]

WOW! That was some incredible information! Thank you so much for sharing it. It's more indepth then a lot of the books I've read on the subject [Smile]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thunderz7:
SoftTouch,
you mentioned being part of a Messianic congregation,
I'm sad to say they are few and hard to find in my area.
Our congregation is in a study and time of the Feast of Tabernacles,
that's the kind of thing Messianics seem to have a better root system in.
It would be nice to find someone with a more historical perspective on it.

Many people look at the Tabernacle of David as one of those thousand year "over there" promises, but it is about GOD's devine order of worship.
Good study material about the Tabernacle of David is hard to find.
The best study material I have found on it is by Kevin J. Conner, who wrote a 3 part study called the Divine Habitation Trilogy,
book one- the Tabernacle of Moses
book two- the Tabernacle of David
book three- the Temple of Solomon
these and his other study materials I have seen have been a great help to me.

T7

Hi Thunderz7 [Smile]

Thank you for this resource tip! Right now though I think I need to get myself back into the Word it's self. But I feel I'm in need of a mentor, (an elder female to help me learn to study without tripping on everything that causes me concern) but there hasn't been anyone able to help me yet... So I'm biding my time and waiting on the Lord [Smile] My husband is in a Mens study group, but they don't meet that often and he still has a lot to learn yet. I know that He is the spiritual leader of the home and so I must wait until he's ready to fully take on that role. I just have to hold onto the basics until God makes him ready [Smile] I wouldn't mind a little prayer on my husbands behalf in that area if you feel so moved [Wink]

Yes, my husband and I are members of Son of David Congregation (www.sonofdavid.org) which was started close to 15 years ago (?) by Chosen People Ministries
(http://www.chosen-people.com/). Son of David has absolutely become my other home [Smile] We’re truly a family there and we celebrate all the days that God ordained.

I know there are sites online where you can find a listing of Messianic congregations nation-wide, but you’ve got to be careful when choosing one. Apparently some of the communities have gotten on board with the United Religions Initiative [Frown] I’ve seen the document that was signed by all the various religions and I noticed a couple of Messianic Rabbi’s/Pastors signatures there…

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rapturewatcher
Advanced Member
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rapturewatcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By Randel Price

An Overview of the Future Temples
As in the past, the Temple will be present in the future to enable Israel to fulfill her national and spiritual existence. The prophecies of the rebuilding of a Temple in Jerusalem in the eschatological age are therefore an inseparable part of the restoration prophecies made to national Israel which include both the preparation for Israel's restoration in the Tribulation as well as the resumption of Israel's theocratic kingdom in the Millennium. Scripture indicates that three temples will appear in the future: a Tribulation Temple, a Millennial Temple, and an Eternal Temple.
The Tribulation Temple

During the Tribulation the Temple will be rebuilt by unbelieving Jews (Is. 66:1-6), apparently as the result of a covenant made between the Jewish leadership and the Antichrist (Dan. 9:27a), and desecrated by the Antichrist with the "Abomination of Desolation" (Dan. 9:27b) when he invades Jerusalem (Dan. 11:45; Rev. 11:2). Jesus enlarged upon Daniel's prophecy by setting the Temple's desecration as the signal event dividing the birthpangs of the first half of the Tribulation from the remaining 1,260 days of "Great Tribulation" (Matt. 24:15; Mk. 13:14; cf. Rev. 11:1-2) which begins an unparalleled period of Jewish persecution (Matt. 24:16-22; Mk. 13:15-20) leading up to the rescue of the redeemed Remnant at the second advent of Messiah (Zech. 12:8-14; 14:3-5; Lk. 21:27-28; Rev. 19:11-16). Paul further developed the prophecy of the Temple's desecration in his description of the end-time "deception" that will accompany the revelation of the "man of lawlessness" (2 Thess. 2:4, 10). He explained this as the Antichrist's blasphemous act to usurp God's place in the Holy of Holies (2 Thess. 2:4; cf. Rev. 13:6, 14-15). The Tribulation Temple may be destroyed at the return of Christ when the Mount of Olives splits (Zech. 14:4), but it will certainly be removed as part of the extensive topographical changes that will prepare for the Millennial Jerusalem and its Temple (Zech. 14:10; cf. Is. 2:2).

The Millennial Temple

The Millennial Temple will be built by Christ (Zech. 6:12-13), redeemed Jews (Ezek. 43:10-11), and representatives from the Gentile nations (Zech. 6:15; Hag. 2:7; cf. Is. 60:10) at the beginning of the Messianic kingdom (Ezek. 37:26-28). As a sign of the restoration of theocratic rule the Shekinah Glory will return to its Holy of Holies (Ezek. 43:1-7; cf. Is. 4:5-6). Redeemed Gentiles will also be included in worship at this Temple (Is. 60:6; Zeph. 3:10; Zech. 2:11; 8:22; 14:16-19) as predicted by Jesus (Matt. 21:13; Mk. 11:17; Lk. 19:46; cf. Is. 56:7). The dimensions and architectural design of the Millennial Temple, as well as its priestly personnel and ritual regulations are detailed in Ezekiel 40-48. Reasons as to why these descriptions in Ezekiel must be both literal and with reference to the eschatological age are as follows: (1) the immense size of the Temple as well as other features of its design differ radically from those of previously known Jewish temples (Ezek. 42:20; 48:35), (2) aspects of the Temple's design and ritual violate the Mosaic Law (e.g. a stepped-altar, Ezek. 43:17), indicating it must be built under Israel's future New Covenant (Jer. 31:31-33; Ezek. 37:26-28), (3) those rebuilding the Temple after the exile did not refer to Ezekiel nor attempt to rebuild the Temple he described because they realized it was intended for a future age (Hag. 2:3-9), (4) the context of Ezekiel indicates the Temple is rebuilt after the glorious return of the Lord (Ezek. 44:1-4; 48:35), (5) it accords with other prophetic texts which speak about the Millennial Temple (Is. 2:2-4; Jer. 33:18; 60:7, 13; Ezek. 37:26-28; 40-48; Hag. 2:9; Zech. 6:12-13;14:20). Another feature of Ezekiel's Temple that indicates its literal interpretation is the ceremonial system including blood sacrifices. This is in keeping with other prophetic predictions where the Temple includes a priesthood and sacrifices (Is. 56:6-7; 60:7; Jer. 33:18; Zech. 14:16-21). The function of these sacrifices may be memorial in nature, just as the Lord's Supper is today (1 Cor. 11:24-26), however, the fact that they are said to be for "atonement" may also indicate the need for a ritual purification. This would be necessary, as in the past (Heb. 9:13), for those saints living in mortal bodies throughout the Millennium and seeking approach to the Temple since God's holy presence will be resident there (Jer. 3:17; Zech. 14:20-21). The Millennial Temple will apparently be besieged by Satan and his army at the end of the Millennial Kingdom (Rev. 20:7-9) and removed at the time of the creation of the new earth (Is. 65:17; 66:22; 2 Pet. 3:12-13; Rev. 21:1).

The Eternal Temple

The final Temple revealed in prophecy is that which will occupy the New Jerusalem throughout the eternal state (Rev. 21:2, 10). Since all of the saints are now in resurrected bodies without the possibility of sin there will be no need for a physical structure to prevent direct contact with God (Rev. 21:3; 22:4). For this reason John declares that he "saw no Temple there" (Rev. 21:22a). However, he immediately adds "for the Lord God, the Almighty, and the Lamb, are its Temple" (Rev. 21:22b). This holy Temple comprised of God Himself will fulfill the divine ideal begun, but never realized, in the Garden of Eden where God and Man were to experience intimate relationship (Gen. 3:8). As a result, the saints will forever fulfill their function as priests, serving God (Rev. 7:15; 21:3) in the New Jerusalem, which itself is an infinitely magnified Holy of Holies (Rev. 21:16; cf. 1 Kgs. 6:20).

Posts: 187 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rapturewatcher
Advanced Member
Member # 94

Icon 15 posted      Profile for rapturewatcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Five temples are mentioned in the Bible.

Three have been built and destroyed.

One will be built in the near future.

The Antichrist will set himself up in it as God according to 2 Thess. 2:4. it will be destroyed.

Then Jesus Christ will have His temple during the Millennium which is described in Ezekiel, chapters 40 through 47.

The "tabernacle in the wilderness" lasted from the Exodus until the monarchy. David then had a desire to build God a house. Because he was a "bloody man" God told him that his son, Solomon, must build the I . first temple.

(1) Solomon's temple was built about 950 B.C. It was destroyed by Nebuchadnezzar about 586 B.C. The "Western Wall" of today is the last vestige of Solomon's temple, not the third, or Herod's temple.

This proves the exquisite accuracy of prophecy. in Matthew 24:1-2, we read: "And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and His disciples came to Him to show Him the buildings of the temple (Herod's temple).

And Jesus said unto them, See you not all these things? Verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down".

In A.D. 70 this third temple or Herod's was completely destroyed as predicted. Today's Western Wall is not a part of that temple, but of the retaining wall of Solomon's temple, or the first temple.

(2) After a period of fifty years, Zerubbabel's temple was begun 535 B.C. In Zech. 4:8-9 we read: "Moreover, the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house; his hands shall also,, finish it". In spite of sieges and desecrations by enemies it stood until thirty years before Christ.

(3) The third temple was known as Herod's temple. it was a restoration, enlargement and improvement of Zerubbabel's temple.

It was built by Herod in sections, tearing down the old, and building the new part by part, so that it took man years and was completed only ten years before it was destroyed by Titus in A.D. 70.

The Jews were referring to this temple in John 2:20: "Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou raise it up in three days?"

It was completely destroyed (not one stone left upon another) in A.D. 70 as Jesus prophesied.

Its restoration was attempted many times but never finished. Its site is now occupied by the Mohammedan "Dome of the Rock", often, but erroneously' called the "Mosque of Omar". This is inside the walled city of Jerusalem adjacent to the Golden Gate.

(4) The fourth temple will be the Tribulation temple.

This temple may be built in our lifetime.

This is a "key to prophecy" because THIS WILL BE THE TEMPLE IN WHICH THE ANTICHRIST sets himself up as God. (2 Thess. 2:4).

Should there be any indications that this temple may be started soon, then we are very near the end of the church age!

What do we know about its construction?

Numerous magazine and newspaper articles have appeared about the passion for the Jews to rebuild their temple.

Orthodox Jews pray THIS PRAYER DAILY: "And to Jerusalem, Thy city, return in mercy, and dwell therein as Thou has spoken; REBUILD IT SOON IN OUR DAYS as an EVER ACTING BUILDING, and speedily set up therein Thy throne of David.

Blessed art Thou, 0 Lord, who rebuildest Jerusalem" (From the Authorized Daily Prayer Book by Rabbi Joseph H. Hertz.)

The rabbis have young, male, theological students in training in Israel to learn how to offer the animal sacrifices as done in the Old Testament.

Coming events cast their SHADOWS BEFORE.

About one mile west of the walled city of Jerusalem a new synagogue is built. it is next door to the chief rabbinate's office of the nation of Israel. Will this become the Tribulation temple?

I do not think so, because:

(1) God told the Jewish people of "THE PLACE" where they could offer their sacrifices: "But unto THE PLACE WHICH THE LORD YOUR GOD SHALL CHOOSE ...... THERE SHALL YE BRING YOUR BURNT OFFERINGS, AND YOUR SACRIFICES.. . " Deut. 12:5.

This is mentioned four times in verses 5, 11, 14 and 18. This place is near the Muslim Dome of the Rock today.

(2) The chief rabbinate of Israel has placed a sign in four languages above the entrance to the earthen platform on which the Dome rests.

It says: "Entrance to the area of the temple mount is forbidden to everyone by Jewish law owing to the sacredness of the place."

The religious leaders of Israel know that this is the place for the rebuilt temple.

(3) When the Dead Sea Scrolls were found, they found one which showed the exact location of the temple. The Jewish nation now possesses that scroll ... For these reasons I do not believe the "Great Synagogue" about one mile west of the old city is the Tribulation Temple.

THE TEMPLE SITE

The fourth temple, the Tribulation temple, will be built inside the walls of Old Jerusalem.

The Dome of the Rock is believed to be over the spot there on Mt. Moriah, where Abraham was willing to offer up Isaac.

"Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of " (Genesis 22:2).

This holy spot of ground, where Solomon built the first temple, was also the exact place that David bought for a threshing floor from Ornan the Jebusite.

"Then Solomon began to build the house of the LORD at Jerusalem in Mount Moriah, where the LORD appeared unto David, his father, in the place that David had prepared in the threshing floor of Ornan, the Jebusite." (2 Chronicles 3:1). (For details see 2 Samuel 24:18-25 and 1 Chronicles 21:18-30).

Every, archaeologist and Bible scholar has his own pet theory about where the Temple will be rebuilt in Jerusalem.

Some say it must be located where the Dome of the Rock one of the holiest sites in the Muslim world-now stands.

Others theorize that it can be rebuilt a little to the north of the Dome of the Rock, over a site which is called the Dome of the Winds or Spirits or the Dome of the Letters.

Which location is correct?

We know that the Eastern (or Golden) Gate of the city looked directly into the Eastern (or Beautiful) Gate of the Temple.

This Golden Gate is visible today and identifies the location of the eastern side and entrance to the Temple.

We also know that the Holy of Holies was directly beyond the entrance to the temple placing it on the Western side of the Temple Mount.

Since all the gates around the Temple were built directly opposite each other it therefore follows that if we could find a gate in the Western Wall directly opposite the Eastern or Golden Gate then that gate would fix the location of the Holy of Holies.

In June, 1967 after Israel reunited Jerusalem, Israelis discovered such a gate while excavating a tunnel alongside the Western Wall.

Israel's most venerated rabbis began to worship at this gate - nearer than ever before to the original Temple.

Since this gate was only accessible through the tunnel- the tunnel became known as the "Rabbis' Tunnel. "

This gate within the western wall, accessible today only through the Rabbis' Tunnel positions for us the exact location of the temple.

What stands above the tunnel, on top of the Temple Mount, in the path of a straight line drawn between the Eastern Gate found near the Rabbis Tunnel?

Amazingly, it is not the Dome of the Rock.

THE WAILING WALL

Adjacent to the Dome of the Rock is the Western (or wailing) Wall, the last vestige of Solomon's Temple.

It is holy also to Muslims for they say that Mohammed himself had reconsecrated the place for his believers. Tradition has it that there is the chamber within it in which Mohammed's horse named Burak was kept when the Prophet made his journey to heaven from the Rock of the Dome.

It is for this reason that the Wailing Wall is known to the Moslems as the Burak. This wall is only about 151 feet long.

When the Six Day War gave the Jewish soldiers possession of the Wall, they stood and prayed, they knelt and prayed, they caressed and kissed the stones, their faces drawn with emotion of 2,000 years of flight and persecution.

Said Chief Rabbi Shlomo Goren, "We have taken the City of God. We are entering the messianic era for Jewish people." "We have waited 1,897 years for this moment," cried a paratrooper, beating his campaign hat in the dust. "Think of it: 1,897 years.

Now they will never take it from us. Never!" "We have returned to the holiest of our holy places, never to depart from it again." said Moshe Dayan.

Titus demolished the other walls in 70 A.D. But the first Roman general who approached the west wall fell dead, tradition says. Titus himself then raised a sledge to smite the wall but his right hand withered.

Why is the "Western Wall" so important to the Jews?

It is a symbol to the Jewish people, it is a symbol of the day when, under Solomon, Israel was foremost among the nations.

They turned their back on God, and God turned the holy place over to the Gentiles. They have been "Wailing" for the REBUILDING OF THE TEMPLE, because they want to be back where they once were -as head of the nations, in their own land.

Remember the temple contained "the holy of holies" the very heart of Jewish life.

For many days the children of Israel have abode "without a king, and without a prince, and without a sacrifice," as Hosea prophesied in Hosea 3:4.

They want a temple to renew the animal sacrifices.

The next verse says that they will do this "in the latter days".

Beloved, we are in the latter days-nearing the end.

When the Western Wall area was opened to the Jewish populace on one day 200,000 pilgrims came to pray. Every section of the Jewish people was represented.

WHEN WILL THE TEMPLE BE REBUILT?

Jerusalem, Aug. 5, 1986 - New York Times - In a step that defied both, civil and religious law in Israel, a group of prominent rabbis issued a formal call today for the construction of a synagogue on the Temple Mount, an area sacred to Moslems and forbidden to Jews.

They also called for public prayers on the site. The rabbis buttressed their call today with a 1967 survey map purporting to show the exact location of the original First and Second Temples as well as the Holy of Holies, the Ark of the Covenant.

The call for prayers and the construction of Synagogue came at a meeting led by Rabbi Shlomo Goren, a former Chief Rabbi. He was rabbi of the Israeli Army when it seized the Wailing Wall in 1967 .... In their statement today, the rabbis called on "the Jewish nation and the Israeli authorities to guard and implement Jewish control of the Temple Mount and prevent its being turned over to and desecrated by foreigners ".

WHY MUST IT BE REBUILT SOON?

The Scriptures prophesy of the rising of the Antichrist who will both make and break covenants.

His maneuvers are definitely related to the Temple worship: "And he (Antichrist) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week; and in the midst of the week he shall cause THE SACRIFICE and OBLATION to cease" (Daniel 9:27).

Also, Malachi predicted B.C. 397 "The Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to His temple" (Malachi 3:1).

The temple must be rebuilt soon, because in Rev. 11:1-2 we read: "And there was given me a reed like a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure THE TEMPLE OF GOD, and the altar, and them that worship in it.

But the court, which is outside THE TEMPLE, leave out, and measure it not; for IT IS GIVEN UNTO THE NATIONS, and THE HOLY CITY shall THEY TREAD UNDER FOOT FORTY AND TWO MONTHS."

The temple of God must be rebuilt before the Antichrist sets himself up in it as God in the middle of Daniel's seventieth week of years.

The Antichrist will take Jerusalem (the holy city) according to verse two, signaling a period of forty two months, or three and one half years, when the Gentiles will once again control the Old Walled City of Jerusalem. Jerusalem is another "key" to prophecy.

GOD'S ATTITUDE TOWARD THE TRIBULATION TEMPLE

Many Christians think that God will be delighted with Israel's plans to rebuild the temple and to offer up animal sacrifices.

Will God be pleased?

No!

How could God, who gave His Only begotten Son, the darling of His heart, and "that holy thing", to pay the penalty for Christ-rejecting Jews and Gentiles, be joyful over a temple in which animal sacrifices are once again offered in worship!

"For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins" (Hebrews 10:4).

"By which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins; But This Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God" (Hebrews 10:10-12).

Isaiah predicted how God would look upon the fourth or Tribulation temple and its sacrifices:

"Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is My throne, and the earth is My footstool: where is the house (the temple) that ye build unto Me? and where is the place of My rest?

For all those things hath Mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at My word.

HE THAT KILLETH AN OX IS AS IF HE SLEW A MAN: HE THAT SACRIFICETH A LAMB, AS IF HE CUT OFF A DOG'S NECK: HE THAT OFFERETH AN OBLATION, as if he OFFERED SWINE'S BLOOD: HE THAT BURNETH INCENSE, AS IF HE BLESSED AN IDOL. Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their ABOMINATIONS" (Isa. 66:1-3).

How could God be happy for the Jews to build a temple and offer animal sacrifices again in THE VERY SHADOW of that hill called Calvary, where God's Only Son shed His life's blood for the sins of the world?

Are you a born-again Christian?

If you are not a Christian, you should "prepare to meet thy God" (Amos 4:12).

When the Jews are determined and planning on building the temple in our days, it means that the return of Christ for His own is very, very near.

Listen! God says: "There is no difference (between the Jew and the Gentile): For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:22-23).

"He that believeth not is condemned already (to Hell), because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God" (John 3:18).

"But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the children of God, even to them that believe on His name" (John 1:12).

Will you receive Him and believe on His name today?

Posts: 187 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rapturewatcher
Advanced Member
Member # 94

Icon 15 posted      Profile for rapturewatcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Essentially, the abomination of desolation speaks of the ultimate desecration of a Jewish temple, the erection of an idolatrous image in the holy of holies itself, which will inevitably result in the judgment of God - it is the abomination which brings desolation.

When Jesus describes the abomination of desolation, there is the presupposition of an operating temple, and of the Jewish occupation of the land of Judea.

The mention of the abomination of desolation is taken from Daniel 11:31: They shall defile the sanctuary fortress; then they shall take away the daily sacrifices, and place there the abomination of desolation; this describes a complete desecration of the temple, prefigured by Antiochus Epiphanies in the inter-testamental period.

Paul elaborates on the future fulfillment of this in 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 - That day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshipped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

Daniel 12:11 gives additional insight - And from the time that the daily sacrifice is taken away, and the abomination of desolation is set up, there shall be 1,290 days (until the end); when this sign is set up, the end may be determined - almost three and one-half years to go.

In a sense, Jesus is telling us nothing new here; He is simply calling us back to what was prophesied in Daniel.

The comment whoever reads, let him understand, could have been said by Jesus Himself instead of inserted by Matthew.

Jesus warns what should be done when the abomination of desolation appears: get out of there!

These are warning specifically addressed to Israelites (Judea, housetops, and Sabbath all speak to a Jewish milieu).

This is because at the appearance of the abomination of desolation, the desolation will first be poured out at Judea, and because the church will not be a factor at this time, having already been caught up to meet Jesus in the air (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17)

Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the AC will have a physical temple,
and it may well be on Moriah,
Wherever it is it will be "justified" by the one world religion, and probably accepted by the Jews, because of the "peace" between them and AC.
But it will all be part of the deception.

If/when the Jews build the third temple,
(someone remarked earlier in this topic)
all the animal rights organizations in the world will try to turn every other country against them.
I wonder if they will comprimise their animal sacrifices as part of the "peace with AC?

Many of these earthly things will happen,
but they are about the deception of AC,
they are not about our walk with GOD.
That is why I say look to the spiritual,
we the born again are HIS temple,
HE dwells in us,
we are the body,
HE is the head,
and worship is in spirit and truth.

SoftTouch,
you mentioned being part of a Messianic congregation,
I'm sad to say they are few and hard to find in my area.
Our congregation is in a study and time of the Feast of Tabernacles,
that's the kind of thing Messianics seem to have a better root system in.
It would be nice to find someone with a more historical perspective on it.

Many people look at the Tabernacle of David as one of those thousand year "over there" promises, but it is about GOD's devine order of worship.
Good study material about the Tabernacle of David is hard to find.
The best study material I have found on it is by Kevin J. Conner, who wrote a 3 part study called the Divine Habitation Trilogy,
book one- the Tabernacle of Moses
book two- the Tabernacle of David
book three- the Temple of Solomon
these and his other study materials I have seen have been a great help to me.

T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

So then Mt. Zion is the Holy Place that Revelation is referring to when talking about the AC entering the temple to declare himself god? I'm afraid I haven't studied enough to know what you've said about David and the Tabranacle (You'd think I'd know by now after being in a Messianic congregation for five years! but, sadly I don't).

As far as a replica of the Ark... guess what, they've already done it!!! They call it the ark of hope and it's an abomination in its self! It houses the "Earth Charter" (written by Gorbachev) and was paraded around on Earth day (a year or two ago?).

Contenders Ministry has an article (with pictures of the horrid thing) here: http://www.contenderministries.org/articles/arkofhope.php

--------------------

Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe BA explained the abomination of desolation part for me.

As for any temple being built that would have the presence of GOD/YHWH,
we, the born again are the temple of the Holy Spirit, and he abides with/in us.
Even if the so called "third Jewish temple" is built, the presence of GOD won't be there.
Even if they fabricate an ark of the covenant, YHWH will not honor it, it won't be the real thing, they don't have the real thing, GOD has it.
The anti-christ and the new world order don't need another temple on Moriah, they have one,
the Dome of the Rock, I'm sure the one world religion will deem it holy.

The due order of worship that YHWH wants was given to David, and established in the Tabernacle of David on Mt.Zion.
It is the only temple/tabernacle in the WORD that was not desecrated by man and forsaken by GOD.
The restoration of the Tabernacle of David is promised in Amos 9 and Acts 15.
True worship is in spirit and truth,
the due order of worship was established on ZION not Moriah.
If the due order of true worship is in spirit and truth,
then we should look with spiritual eyes to Zion,
not with natural eyes to Moriah.

T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Thunderz7 says
quote:
When we see the dome of the Rock on Moriah, is that not "abomination of desolation"?
It indeed could be, for the phrase is in Daniel "the abomination which causes desolation".

In the Bible, the word desolate always means devoid of human habitation, and the Islamic Dome of the Rock has caused the Temple Mount to be devoid of Israelite habitation, that is, devoid of God's people Israel since no Jews are permitted onto the Temple Mount.

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Hi Thunderz7 [Smile]

I was trying to follow your post, but I got lost... could you explain it a little more clearly please? Thanks!

--------------------

Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

The Mosque of Omar/Dome of the Rock,
is an "abomination" that has stood on the Temple Mount all my life.
Moriah has been "desolate" of true worship for much longer than that.
When we see the dome of the Rock on Moriah, is that not "abomination of desolation"?

In the natural, people look for a temple to be built.
Where are the promises of a natural temple?
Should we expect it to have a true Holy of Holies, with the presence of Almighty YHWH?

The WORD promises restoration of the Tabernacle of David.
The Tabernacle of David was on Zion.
Look with spiritual eyes to Zion.

T7

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

How the Rapture will be ‘explained away’ by the coming New World Order

http://www.cuttingedge.org/n1052.html

Check this out! A Member of the Cutting Edge Ministries was invited to a “Lecture” given by a New Age’ist’ by a new friend (John) who had left the Theosophy Order and became a Born Again Christian (and friend to the writer of this article). Here is part of the introduction to the Lecture Notes taken by this Christian Brother from Cutting Edge Ministries:

“But, now back to my story. In early August, 1991, John called to tell me that the New England Director of the House of Theosophy, Bill Lambert, was holding a seminar at the Boston headquarters. The name of this seminar, "POSSIBLE AND PROBABLE EVENTS IN THE FUTURE" really piqued my interest!! John said that Bill Lambert was one of the major players in the New World Order Planning, because the House of Theosophy has always been such a major player since Madame Blavatsky had founded it in 1875.

John said that Lambert still considered him a member, so he could get in, with me as his guest. John asked me to keep my identity of Christian a secret, and just listen and take notes. The revelations were astounding, not so much for their actual content, but because their plans fulfilled Bible prophecy, and much of what he revealed showed that the Time of the End was truly upon us.”

Here is the part of the notes that refers to the Rapture and the explanation that will be given by the New Age’ists’ as to what happened to all the Born Again Christians… The “Christ” they are discussing is actually the Anti-Christ…

NOTE: MINUTES BEFORE THE ANTICHRIST ARISES, SOME SUPERNATURAL SOUND WILL BE HEARD, AND SPIRITUALLY FELT, BY EVERYBODY ON THE PLANET, SIMULTANEOUSLY. AT NO OTHER MOMENT IN WORLD HISTORY WILL SO MANY PEOPLE BE IMPACTED AT ONCE. THIS ACTION IS DESIGNED TO GET EVERYONE LOOKING AROUND AND UPWARD, AS TO WHAT CAUSED THIS SOUND. THEN, WITH EVERYONE'S ATTENTION AROUSED, IMAGES OF ANTICHRIST WILL APPEAR SIMULTANEOUSLY OVER THE ENTIRE EARTH, SPEAKING TO MANKIND, EACH IN HIS OWN LANGUAGE. THE "SIGNS AND WONDERS" WILL HAVE BEGUN.

* "Energies want to flow from the Hierarchy to earth to produce the physical manifestation of the Christ; but, such flow can only occur when humanity raises its collective consciousness to be properly awakened receptors." (Page 617-618, Externalisation of the Hierarchy, paraphrased by Mr. Lambert).

At this point, I raised my hand to ask Mr. Lambert, 'You spoke earlier about the Pope going to Jerusalem; when Lord Maitreya makes his appearance, there will be three types of people:

1. Those whose consciousness has been properly raised so they can readily accept him;

2. Those whose consciousness has been raised somewhat but not so high that they can readily and immediately accept him, but they might be able to accept him after further enlightenment;

3. Those who will never accept him.'

I continued:

'What responsibility do the leaders of the world's religions have toward those members of their flock who are of group number two? Will they step forward to publicly urge group number two people to accept the Christ?'

Bill's answer was that the acceptance of the Christ was completely an individual affair.

I then tried again to get Bill to state that one of the leaders of the world's religion would step forward to play the role of the Biblical False Prophet. I said, 'Back to the Pope for a moment, Bill. You stated that, at the right moment, the Pope would go to Jerusalem. Surely the Pope is a proper receptor to the Christ'
At this point, Bill nodded his head affirmatively that the Pope was a proper receptor to the Christ. This is the most direct acknowledgement by a influential person involved in the planning for the appearance of Christ that the current Pope is ready and waiting for the appearance of The Christ. This acknowledgement also points to the Roman Catholic Pope as the False Prophet, because Bill stated, very pointedly, that the preparation for the New World Order religion was being paved by the Ecumenical Movement, which is being spear-headed by the Pope.

Bill then explained the fate of those members of Group #3, those whose personal consciousness was not now, nor could ever be, raised sufficiently to accept the Christ. Bill likened them to a person who had spent his entire life in a totally darkened room. If a sudden, intense light were to shine into this room, the person's eyes would not be able to endure the light. The person would try to flee the light and go into another room which was dark. Persons of Group #3 will "elect to leave for another room". [Lambert's exact words]

At this point, I raised my hand and asked, 'How do these people do this, Bill? No one can simply declare his spirit to leave this world. Do these people commit suicide?' Bill answered emphatically, "NO". He said, "I do not know how it will happen, but these people will leave this dimension."

After much thought, I have concluded that Bill is talking about the Rapture of the Church. He refused to say that these people would be killed, and we know the Bible teaches that Anti-Christ will not begin killing Christians until the mid-point of the Great Tribulation. But, Bill is saying that the timing of the departure of the people of Group #3 is immediately after the appearance of the Christ; and the method of their leaving is mysteriously voluntary. I believe the Guiding Spirits of the New Age leaders have created this story as a means of explaining the world-wide Rapture of the Church. Thus, when the Rapture occurs, people will not credit God and will continue being deceived.

The Cutting Edge website if Full of information on FreeMasonry (http://www.cuttingedge.org/fmcorner.html) as well as other pertinent information on the times we’re living in!

--------------------

Sealed
Member # 2395

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sealed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ambariel:
Is there not still the Dome of the Rock to contend with? The muslims won't let the temple be rebuilt on this site without a fight.

If I may interject a bit of knowledge here.
First of all the third temple cannot be built until the anti-Christ comes into power and strikes a treaty with Israel and the Muslims for a seven year period of time.
However, the anti-Christ cannot come into power until Christ's body is caught up. In fact, the world won't even know who he is until we are gone... "For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:" (2 Thessalonians 2:7-8)

He that letteth is Jesus Christ's Body (we believers). So a "pre-tribulation" catching away (rapture) is the only one that is real.

Next, the Dome of the Rock does not necessarily need to be destroyed for the third Temple to be erected. Studies suggest that the first two might have actually been to the south of the Dome of the Rock between it Al Aqsa Mosque Where will the next temple be built?
If this southern theory is correct (and I personally believe it is) then the Dome of the Rock issue is mute. However, if the Palestinians have their way the Dome of the Rock will collapse due to poor maintenance and then they will be able to blame the Jews for its collapse thereby justify further murderous attacks against the innocent Israeli women and children.

Just another opinion. I hope mine helps.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

There is no problem with calling it the Holy Place still since the Holy Place was the first section of the temple, and the Shekinah glory was in the Holy of Holies, not in the Holy Place.

Besides, in those days, every temple, whether Israelite or Hamite Egyptian or Nubian, all a had Holy Place and a Holiest Place, very much like their brethren the Shemite Israelites.

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Question for Rapturewatcher (or anyone who might be able to answer this)...

Concerning the warning in Revelation regarding the Awful Horror that stands in the Holy Place (referring back to the book of Daniel)... seeing that the Tribulation Temple will not contain God's Holy Spirit, what is the Holy Place?

I'm not sure that I've been intreperting this right and I'd love to hear other's insights on this.

--------------------

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Wow Rapturewatcher! Thank you for posting that explanation on the two different Temples to come. That was Excellent!

My original post was pointing to the readiness of the building of The Tribulation Temple [Wink]

--------------------

rapturewatcher
Advanced Member
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rapturewatcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The prophecy of a future Jewish Temple in Jerusalem is part of the greater restoration promise made to national Israel.

This promise, made at the close of the First Temple period ( Isa. 1:24-2:4;4:2-6; 11:1-12:6; 25-27; 32; 34-35;40-66 :Jer. 30-33; Ezek. 36-48; Amos 9:11-15; Joel 2:28-3:21; Micah 4-5; 7:11-20; Zeph. 3:9-20), again by the prophets who prophesied after the return from captivity (Dan. 9-12; Hag. 2:5-9; Zech. 8-14; Mal. 3-4), and reaffirmed in the New Testament (Acts 3:19-26; Rom. 11:1-32) contained inseparably linked elements of fulfillment: the return of Israel to the Land of Israel (in unbelief), the experience of the time of Jacob's trouble (Tribulation), the rebuilding of the Temple, the return of Messiah, the redemption of Israel, and the restoration of Israel's glory (Millennium).

Biblical texts (see above) which support this promise likewise generally support the future rebuilding of the Temple.

The future Temple is in view by the biblical writers throughout this period commencing with the seventieth week of Daniel's prophecy (see Daniel,) and moving through the Kingdom age.

This is to be expected as the Temple is the symbol of both Israel's national and spiritual existence and this future program involves both national desecration (Tribulation) and spiritual restoration (Millennium), which historically was experienced by Israel in relation to her Temple
( desecration: 2 Kgs. 24:3-4; cf. Jer. 7:1-8:3; Ezek. 8:6-18; Zeph. 1:9; Ezra 5:11-12; restoration: 2 Chron. 36:20-23/Ezra 1:1-4; 6:14, 22; Hag. 1:7-9 with 2:15-19; Zech. 1:15-16; Mal. 3:7-12).

It is necessary to distinguish in the context of the Old Testament whether the future Tribulation or Millennial Temple is in view.

The Tribulation Temple will be built by unbelieving Jews and desecrated by Antichrist (Dan. 9:27; 11:36-45).

The Millennial Temple will be built by the Messiah (Zech. 6:12-13) and redeemed Jews, and as a particular sign of restoration, assisted by representatives from Gentile nations (Zech. 6:15; Hag. 2:7; Isa. 60:10).

It will be distinguished from the Tribulation Temple as the restoration Temple by a return of the Shekinah Glory of God (Ezek. 43:1-7; Ezek. 10:4,18-19; 11:22-23) and by Gentile worship (Isa. 60:6; Zeph. 3:10; Zech. 2:11; 8:22; 14:16-19).

These traits also distinguish the Millennial Temple from any previous historical Temple (the First Temple lacked Gentile worshippers; the Second Temple lacked the Shekinah).

In addition, the literal dimensions and architectural and ritual descriptions of the Millennial Temple are distinctly unique.

The primary text in the Old Testament which speaks directly about the Tribulation Temple is Daniel 9:27 (12:11), although the Temple's presence is stated or indirectly implied in other Tribulation contexts (Isa. 24:2, 23; Mal. 3:1-3).

Specific texts which speak about the Millennial Temple are Isa. 2:2-4; Jer. 33:18; 60:7, 13; Ezek. 37:26-28; 40-48; Hag. 2:9; Zech. 6:12-13;14:20).

In continuity with the Old Testament program expected for Israel's restoration, Jesus and the New Testament writers likewise present a rebuilt Temple in Jerusalem as part of their eschatological program.

Basing his interpretation on Daniel's prophecy (Dan. 9:27), Jesus sets the Temple as the signal event dividing the Birthpangs of the Tribulation from the Great Tribulation (Matt. 24:15; Mk. 13:14).

Paul also builds upon Daniel's prophecy (Dan. 9; 11) in his account of the descecration of the Tribulation Temple by Antichrist (2 Thess. 2:4).

In like manner, John, who understands a coming Antichrist (1 Jn. 2:18), describes the desolation of the Temple courts by Antichrist's Gentile forces during the last half of the Tribulation period (Rev. 11:1-2).

by: Dr. Randall Price

rapturewatcher
Advanced Member
Member # 94

Icon 20 posted      Profile for rapturewatcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rev 11:2But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty [and] two months.
2 the court.

Eze 42:20 He measured it by the four sides: it had a wall round about, five hundred [reeds] long, and five hundred broad, to make a separation between the sanctuary and the profane place

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

WOW! Thank you for that insight Born Again! Amazing!!!

--------------------

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Ambariel says
quote:
Is there not still the Dome of the Rock to contend with?
The Dome of the Rock most likely occupies a site formerly occupied by a Constantine Christian shrine built over the summit of mount Moriah. Inside the Dome of the Rock is an unhewn, pointed, natural rock summit which never could have been the place where Solomon's temple stood.

Also, the Al Aksa Mosque stands on the south side up against the south wall, which also was not the location of Solomon's temple.

Solomon's temple was on the north side of the platform, in line with the Eastern Gate, and this area is not occupied (for the LORD did not allow the Devil to build on His former place).

On this north side is a small cupola, called the Dome of the Spirits, which can be seen on any photograph of the temple platform.

Curiously, under this Dome of the Spirits is another open stone, but this stone is flat and looks for all the world to be the threshingfloor of Araunah which David bought for the place of the altar:

2 Samuel 24
21 And Araunah said, Why has my lord the king come to his servant? And David said, To buy the threshingfloor from you, to build an altar unto the LORD, that the plague may be stayed from the people.

So the way it will probably happen is that a compromise will be reached between the Moslems and the Israelis, that the Dome of the Rock remains standing over the summit rock of Moriah, while the Israelis build themselves a temple on the north side of the platform, between the Eastern Gate and the Western wall.

Ambariel
Community Member
Member # 2345

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ambariel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can imagine a figure similar to the guy in the left behind books. Somebody rising up under the auspices of the UN which would give an illusion of legitimacy.

--------------------
Namárië! Nai hiruvalyë Valimar.

Posts: 20 | From: Nashville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
Originally posted by Ambariel:
Yup. I still am watching carefully, as there is the problem of the Dome of the Rock.

How is it going to transpire? My understanding is that the Temple must sit on the ancient site, now inhabited by one of the holiest objects in Islaam.

Should be a fair scrap over that.

Yep, Yep! Boy we could spend hours thinking of ways that this could happen. I've seen a lot of the Christian movies/video's dealing with End Time events and each one has a different sceniaro as to what happens to the Dome of the rock and how it's either moved or destroyed to make way for the third temple... we won't know until it actually happens.

My feeling is that it will likely come about by violence (given the current situation in the Middle East right now). I wouldn't even be surprised if the issue doesn't start WWIII [Eek!] but it would make sense, after all, the AC needs a situation to come into with (supposedly) all the answers... I would think that either global war or economic disaster would be two likely sinarios (forgive my spelling please, I'm only a part-time secretary [Embarrassed] ) [biglaugha]

--------------------

Ambariel
Community Member
Member # 2345

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ambariel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup. I still am watching carefully, as there is the problem of the Dome of the Rock.

How is it going to transpire? My understanding is that the Temple must sit on the ancient site, now inhabited by one of the holiest objects in Islaam.

Should be a fair scrap over that.

--------------------

Posts: 20 | From: Nashville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
Originally posted by PhilipIHS:
quote:
Originally posted by SoftTouch:
Of course a lot needs to happen before this temple can be built, but when God decides it's time... nothing will matter... it will be built.

Why would God decide it's time to rebuild the Jewish Temple? Is He going cancel Christ's work?
No, not at all. I'm sorry you misunderstood what I meant. What I meant was when God decides it's time for the events of the revealing of the Anti-Christ to begin, then nothing will stop it from happening... in order for prophecy to be fulfilled the third temple needs to be in place so the AC can enter it and declare himself to be god.

I don't believe there will be anything 'holy' about the third temple, but many people will and will see the AC as their god... [Frown]

I hope that cleared it up??? [Smile]

--------------------

Ambariel
Community Member
Member # 2345

Is there not still the Dome of the Rock to contend with? The muslims won't let the temple be rebuilt on this site without a fight.

I understood that the building materials for the new temple are warehoused and ready to go, and have been for some time. From time to time the hebrews send out surveyors to take measurements and it drives the muslims nuts.

And that another 'unblemished red calf', which is fairly rare, exists right now, and was born a couple of years ago. This apparently is required to consecrate the temple.

Of course the real significance of the rebuilding of the temple of Solomon is that it will eventually reveal the identity of the Antichrist: he will sit himself up on the throne in the temple and declare that he is God. And will show some supernatural powers that will convince many.

--------------------

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
Originally posted by MAC:
quote:

Rabbi Kreuser says the Temple service must be approached with fear and trembling because it is most holy…"

[Confused]

There is much to say on this matter, but why should I come in fear and in trembling to this temple!

Ps, dont tell me because God is there!! [/QB]

Apparently the Rabbi thinks so [Frown] I just quoted the article. We all know who's going to be going to that temple and declaring himself to be god... [mad2] I'm just praying that the Rapture is Pretrib! [Wink]

--------------------

Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Rabbi Kreuser says the Temple service must be approached with fear and trembling because it is most holy…" [/QB]

[Confused]

There is much to say on this matter, but why should I come in fear and in trembling to this temple!

Ps, dont tell me because God is there!!

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
Originally posted by RioLion:
This re-introduction of the Jewish temple with its animal sacrifice will certainly draw the adoration of animal rights advocates all over the world.

Fortunately, Israel is just too busy with other problems to consider expenditures on building temples, nor does the Jewish orthodox class have that much control over the government at this time. I think that it may be a long ways off in light of current events.

You'd be surprised just how much progress has been made on getting things ready for this temple. I don't have the stats in front of me but I know that all the cerimonial implements have been carefully crafted to specs from the Old Testement... the priests are being trained (I didn't know they had a model temple for training until I read that news article!) And... A Red Heffier was born a few years ago (supposedly without spot or blemish). I don't know what's happened with the heffier (sp?) since then (it was the late 90's I think?) but I'm sure they're busy trying to breed more perfect ones - just to be ready.

Of course a lot needs to happen before this temple can be built, but when God decides it's time... nothing will matter... it will be built.

--------------------

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
Originally posted by PhilipIHS:
You think someone should tell 'em about Jesus?

We're trying! [Wink] Son of David (the Congregation I attend) is going on a missions trip in January to Tel Aviv (sp?) What's so amazing is that the Israeli Goverment is actually allowing a Messianic Congregation to do one there! If that isn't proof the Hand of God is moving on the land of Israel, I don't know what is [youpi]

--------------------

RioLion
unregistered

Icon 12 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This re-introduction of the Jewish temple with its animal sacrifice will certainly draw the adoration of animal rights advocates all over the world.

Fortunately, Israel is just too busy with other problems to consider expenditures on building temples, nor does the Jewish orthodox class have that much control over the government at this time. I think that it may be a long ways off in light of current events.

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

PRIESTS TO TRAIN ON TEMPLE MODEL

November 4, 2003

Israel Today reports: "For several months, Jewish experts have been working on a replica of the Third Temple in the blazing heat near the Dead Sea. The Jewish community of Mitzpe Yericho, between Jerusalem and Jericho, is home to the model, which is built on a 1:1 scale. Covering an area of 25,000 square meters (269,000 square feet), it will function as a training site to prepare priests (kohanim) for service in the Third Temple in Jerusalem.

Backers of the project say the Jewish people are waiting for the Redemption and must prepare themselves for the coming of the Messiah.

'After the Six Day War in 1967, when the Temple Mount was finally in our hands again, we all hoped for the building of the Third Temple,' said the rabbi of Mitzpe Yericho, Yehuda Kreuser, who oversees the Temple model. 'However, this did not happen. Political considerations aside, we were not prepared to restore the priestly service in the Temple. Now we would like to prepare ourselves for that eventuality.'

Rabbi Kreuser says the Temple service must be approached with fear and trembling because it is most holy…"

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement