Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Christian Quotes   » so true

Author Topic: so true
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
7.Don't bring up old threads. If you want to reply to an old thread (over 45 days), please start a new thread and reference the old thread.

Proverbs 26:16 The sluggard is wiser in his own conceit than seven men that can render a reason.

[cool_shades]

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKTW-srvr6E

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crixus
Advanced Member
Member # 8527

Icon 1 posted      Profile for crixus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's our job to fish, not to clean the fish bowl. <><

- Dr. J. Vernon McGee

--------------------
Keepin' the faith!

Posts: 26 | From: California | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ezekiel 13:20:
There are many Christian quotes pretaining to rapture. I guess it's to controversal,sorry I don't want to mess up anyone's security blanket.
I won't mention the Bail Out here anymore.

Have you went thru even a thought of the people you quote?

Maybe tasted, smelled?

Please stop your sillyness.

Repent.

[cool_shades]

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can quote all the quotes you want to. Just start your own thread on the Christian Quotes board. Please.
Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ezekiel 13:20
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are many Christian quotes pretaining to rapture. I guess it's to controversal,sorry I don't want to mess up anyone's security blanket.
I won't mention the Bail Out here anymore.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

You were asked not to post Rapture arguments on this thread. This topic has nothing to do with the rapture.

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

quote:
Originally posted by Ezekiel 13:20:
Corrie ten Boom stated in Logos Journal,Nov.-Dec.1974 p.20
The rapture doctrine is a false teaching that Jesus warned us to expect in the latter days.
-------------------------------------------------
This false doctrine has spread like wildfire since first dreamed up in 1830. It does not take much research to uncover origins of the modern day "Escape,Bail Out,Tickling Ear Doctrine of Pre-trib Rapture.
That has made so many FAKES rich and famous!
Investigate the who,where,and when of the Great Escape Doctrine!

I love Corrie very much but She is not Biblical concerning this only strongly opinionated by a personal hurting by the Nazis as a young woman.

Ezekiel 13:20 = The Hireling Shepherd

-

Do not be fooled my baseball fans. Just another later-day weed seeder. Laying out opinion as Biblical fact.

[cool_shades]

--------------------
That is all.....

unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Corrie ten Boom stated in Logos Journal,Nov.-Dec.1974 p.20
The rapture doctrine is a false teaching that Jesus warned us to expect in the latter days.
-------------------------------------------------
This false doctrine has spread like wildfire since first dreamed up in 1830. It does not take much research to uncover origins of the modern day "Escape,Bail Out,Tickling Ear Doctrine of Pre-trib Rapture.
That has made so many FAKES rich and famous!
Investigate the who,where,and when of the Great Escape Doctrine!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonderful lady, but she was not God and was not perfect.
Spread your lies on another board. We are not interested.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by barrykind:
i need Yahushua...and HIM alone....

If i have Yahushua, all my needs are met!

It is He i love and want to follow forever !

[dance] [dance] [dance] [dance] [dance]
[hyper] [hyper] [hyper]

You mean Jesus Christ? Right?

--------------------
That is all.....

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Philippians
2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i need Yahushua...and HIM alone....

If i have Yahushua, all my needs are met!

It is He i love and want to follow forever !

[dance] [dance] [dance] [dance] [dance]
[hyper] [hyper] [hyper]

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
So I take it this means that religion itself can do nothing for the sinner but serve as an additional burden?
so true!

true salvation is pure and simply the changing of a heart of stone (death) to a heart of Flesh (life in the Spirit)

the song that quote is taken from conveys salvation as falling in love ....

religion is like lust...people say they fall in love with someone but in reality most of the time it a fiscal attraction....infatuation...lust is the reason there is so much divorce....lust will not stand the test of time ...

when love is view something totally different in in sight....true love is commitment, acceptance

Yahweh's Love is patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful; it is not arrogant or rude. Love does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right. Love bears all things; believes all things; hopes all things; endures all things.

please don't think I am saying that this song is doctrinal perfect but it conveys a very good truth....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKm6USWzVPE&feature=related

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The difference between Christianity and Religion:

Christianity is unique in the fact that it is the ONLY faith which is not a religion, as a 'religion' by definition means "to be bound" by rules and regulations and rituals in order that one MAY attain salvation.

Jesus taught that the truth would SET YOU FREE and that it would be faith ALONE in His sacrificial death and resurrection for our sins which would save us and NOT our good deeds.

For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them. (Ephesians 2: 8-10)

This means that (although good in themselves and recommended) it is NOT by attending 'church', being baptised or even believing in God! (Satan is not an atheist himself!)

To put it plainly: We are saved by faith and DEMONSTRATED by good works- but it isn't the works themselves that actually save us.

But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works, otherwise grace is no longer grace. (Romans 11:6)

You see, religion is humanity trying to reach God by their own efforts..whilst Christianity is God paying the price Himself- in essence- reaching down to us..it is a RELATIONSHIP with our creator.

There are many religions but only one Savior.

“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6)

Michael Z
Advanced Member
Member # 8389

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Z     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I take it this means that religion itself can do nothing for the sinner but serve as an additional burden?
Posts: 46 | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

All religion ever made of me
Was just a sinner with a stone tied to my feet
Jason Gray

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement