Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Christian Quotes   » Sufferings

Author Topic: Sufferings
sevenlamps
Advanced Member
Member # 6715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sevenlamps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But he was wounded for our transgressions,he was bruised for our iniquities, the chastisement of our peace was upon him, and with his stripes we are healed. Isaiah 53:5 Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits; who forgives all thine iniquities,who heals all thy diseases. Psalms 103:2-3

--------------------
Don't grieve the Holy Spirit

Posts: 63 | From: usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steviedvm
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steviedvm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeremiah, on the intense suffering and devastation he both prophesied, witnessed, and lived through - Lamentations 3:19-24 I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope. Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." 3:31-32 For men are not cast off by the Lord forever. Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love.
Posts: 5 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 16 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We the followers learn the sane way as the Master and Saviour!

Through sufferings, His true disciples learn obedience.

A lot of church bench warmers are going to be very disappointed on judgment day because of the liars IN THE PULPITS masquerading as ministers of Yahweh’s Grace that they have changed into lasciviousness.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ministry11
First Post
Member # 6689

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ministry11   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Through sufferings Christ learned obedience.
Posts: 1 | From: Milwaukee Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement