Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Christian Quotes   » Other Christians

Author Topic: Other Christians
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 14 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen!

That is the point.

[thumbsup2]

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, David. Your citation said:
“A large measure of disappointment with God stems from disillusionment with other Christians. “

Eden here:

But if non-Christians are looking to Christians, then we Christians are partially responsible for that because we Christians have not made it clear enough to the unbelievers that our sins are forgiven ONLY by the work that Jesus did on the cross, and also that our old man WAS crucified with Christ while Jesus was on the cross (Romans 6:6).

And so, instead of looking at God YHWH and at Lord Jesus and listening to the Holy Spirit themselves, they are looking at Christians….like, duh, they’re bornagain Christians but they are NOT God YHWH and the Lord Jesus. A better name for us bornagain Christians is “sinners saved by grace”.

Anyway, unsaved human earthlings should NOT look to OTHER human earthlings, but these unsaved human earthlings should look to God YHWH of Israel and to the Lord Jesus of Israel for their salvation and hope of eternal life because there ain’t no human who can provide it for them …

Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty,

Yes I agree. That is what I think cause people to not want to be a Christian. They look at men, when they need to be looking at Jesus.

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kllane
Advanced Member
Member # 6275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kllane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is what christianity is for-to teach men the art of life. And it's whole curriculum lies in one phrase, Learn of Me!

This was on our church website, it kind of reminds me of Ecc.12:13

A sister in Christ Kathy

Posts: 35 | From: texas | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, we as Christians, often are an embarrassment to God by our behavior, but we need to remember that there also a lot of people who call themselves "Christians" who are not. How many polls done in America that shows the majority of Americans say they are Christians? But we know that many are not.
So the reality is that some of the people who are a bad influence on the world, for Christ are not even Christ followers. There are homosexual preachers and deacons. There are those who because they were baptized as a baby or a young child consider themselves as Christians and there are those who think they are saved automatically because mom and dad are saved.
Saying one is a Christian and being one is two different suitations.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 20 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have noticed this when chating with atheists.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

A large measure of disappointment with God stems from disillusionment with other Christians.

~ Philip Yancey

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement