Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Christian Quotes   » Treasures from Christ

Author Topic: Treasures from Christ
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 8 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Hamish

[thumbsup2] You know, I look around at the world and I see all the beauty that God made. I see the forest and the trees and all the things. And says in the Bible that He made them is six days and I don't know if they're a literal six days or not. Scientists would say no, some theologians would say yes.

But I know that Jesus Christ has been preparing a home for me and for some of you, for two thousand years. And if the world took six days and that home two thousand years, hey man, this is like living in a garbage can compared to what's going on up there.

Seaside sunset, silver linings round the clouds,
Birds fly, singing, making such a joyful sound.
Thoughts of heaven somehow seem to fill my mind,
But I can't even imagine, what it is I'm gonna find.

I can't wait to get to Heaven, when you'll wipe away all my fears.
In six days you created everything,
but you've been working on Heaven two thousand years.

Deep green forests, mountains reaching for the sky,
Grasslands and deserts, your creation fills my eye.

Thank you, thank you Jesus, though this beauty is just a taste,
Of all your glory I'll see when I pass through those gates.

In six days you created everything,
but you've been working on Heaven two thousand years.

In six days you created all of the world,
But you've been working on Heaven,
You've been working on heaven, Holy Spirit,
You've been working on Heaven, two thousand years.

words by "keith green"

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
niel
Community Member
Member # 6113

Icon 8 posted      Profile for niel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And another thing that makes me exited, is when I leave this earthly body, I will receive a heavenly body especially made by Jesus (handmade). While He made this body in dearness and love watching me all the time, thinking of this wonderful name He is to give me on a white stone (Rev 2:17). I believe, that only when my born again spirit and this body comes together I will reach my full potential, and develop into what God planed for me. Then we will see how this suffering has formed us into this perfect child of God.
Be blessed
Niel [clap2]

Posts: 14 | From: South Afrika Pretoria | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Hamish, reminds me of an old hymn that says it will be worth it all, any price, when we see Jesus. Every mountain that we climb, every storm we weather thru, every tear we cry, Just to Hear Him say "Well Done" will be worth any price.
Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamish
Member # 886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hamish         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For I consider that the sufferings of this present life are not worth being compared with the glory that is about to be revealed to us and in us and for us and confered on us!Romans 8 v 18 - God's glory is not only being revealed to us but in us so we can grow in him. What a treasury we have from God.
Posts: 5 | From: England | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement