Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Polls Only   » The Anti-Christ

Author Topic: The Anti-Christ
Lively Stone
Community Member
Member # 9396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lively Stone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Truly, I cannot vote, as according to scripture, the Antichrist comes in as a man of peace and a milquetoasty world religion and does a switch about 3 1/2 years into his stint of world power, and becomes a vicious, God-hating, Israel-hating despot.

So...both is true.

--------------------
While Jesus was eating, a woman came to him with an alabaster jar filled with an expensive perfume, which she poured on his head. Matthew 26:7

Posts: 8 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by thefixer:
quote:
Originally posted by Protective Angel:
To thefixer,

Others on this board have produced scriptures that say visions like yours are not from God.

I too have had visions and convictions.

How are you sure that your visions are from God?

Dear brother ,

You ask how do I know that my visions are from God. I KNOW because I KNOW that I am connected to the Spirit which Jesus promised to His faithfully committed servants, of which I am one.
May you always be led by the Spirit into all Truths.
Your brother in Christ, LeRoy (thefixer).

No. What you say leaves the Word of God out.

Dreams and visions MUST be proved out as it matters to the Word of God, KJV.

Also you mix law to be led by the Spirit.

Grace calls out in the wilderness to fill.

Please for the baseball fans your definition of,

"His faithfully committed servants"

For the Bible says ALL HAVE SINNED and that WHILE WE WERE YET SINNERS, Christ died for us.

"His faithfully committed servants"

smell's of cult.

Like a special dispensation has been rendered to ya all?

Is this what you all are convinced of?

Then put forth your text from the KJV to prove it out.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Protective Angel
Advanced Member
Member # 9108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Protective Angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thefixer,
Your experiences are very similar to what is going on in my life.

Please go to the post: The burden of the Lord?

I posted this and others say that these events are from Satan. You will see the post and I would thank you for your input.

These scriptures they have posted have really made me step back in fear. I would not want to be speaking wrong. I just find it hard to believe these experiences of good could come from Satan.

Posts: 46 | From: IL | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with you, The Fixer. While the anti-Christ will appear to be a man of peace, the Bible makes it clear that he will began a war against anyone who opposes him, especially Tribulation Saints

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thefixer
Advanced Member
Member # 8837

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thefixer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Protective Angel:
To thefixer,

Others on this board have produced scriptures that say visions like yours are not from God.

Dear brother ,
Everything about my life, from the time before Jesus called me up until the present, has given me the distinct ability to 'know' exactly when my life changed, my rebirth. I have no doubt or reservations that I am indwelled and led by the Holy Spirit. The things that He has me say or do are usually NOT for my benefit but rather are done for the benefit and advancement of others. Also, I have have little, if any, concern about how the message given through me is received. My entire focus is on doing God’s will, listening to His voice, and expressing to others His love for them.
If my Master deems it necessary for passages of scripture to be used to validate a statement He has given me, then I trust that He will direct me to said scriptural passages and they will be included. The exchange that brother Daniel and I were having, relating to describing the attributes of the anti-Christ, will only be proven after he arrives and attains control on the world scene. The relevancy of whether my image is correct or not has no value to me personally, I could care less. I belong to Jesus. I will NOT be swayed from serving Him. I will continue to follow Him until He calls me Home, no matter where He leads.
You ask how do I know that my visions are from God. I KNOW because I KNOW that I am connected to the Spirit which Jesus promised to His faithfully committed servants, of which I am one.
May you always be led by the Spirit into all Truths.

Posts: 71 | From: Yuma, Arizona | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Protective Angel
Advanced Member
Member # 9108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Protective Angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To thefixer,

Posts: 46 | From: IL | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Ed,
Do you believe that" those who are sealed by the spirit of God" (according to Revelation) are sealed "outwardly" or "inwardly?"

With love in Jesus, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today in the store I saw to military members having their right wrist scanned in order to buy their merchandise. It was at a target store.
Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rather neither. The anti-Christ will be similar to a president or prime-minister. He will also have questionable origins, as well as, cleverness as a fox, and sneakness as a snake. He will appear to be rich, pleasing rheotoric, and inwardly a devouring wolf. He will support a christlam religion and abandon Jesus as the Messiah and destroying the Christian faith. His initial goal would be self-centered peace, built on the worldview, "remove anyone who is in the way, and elevate himself to be god- baraq'u'bamah or illumantae

Feb

An article about Christlam….should raise the hair on your neck
Posted February 6, 2011 by PastorMikeSays! in Thoughts on God.

This weekend, the Memorial Drive Presbyterian Church in Houston along with Christian communities in Atlanta, Seattle, and Detroit will initiate a series of sermons that have been designed to produce an ecumenical reconciliation between Christianity and Islam.

In addition to the sermons, the Sunday school lessons will center on the inspired teachings of the Prophet Mohammad.

Qurans will be placed in the pews next to the Bibles.

The concept of Chrislam, now embraced by such preachers as Rick Warren and Robert Schuller, appears to have emerged from a program on the meaning of “love your neighbor” at Grace Fellowship Church in Atlanta, Georgia, “In 2001, like most Americans, we were pretty awakened to the true Islamic presence in the world and in the United States,” says Jon Stallsmith, the outreach minister at Grace Fellowship. “Jesus says we should love our neighbors. We can’t do that without having a relationship with them.”

Stallsmith maintains that a rapprochement between Muslims and Christians can be achieved by the fact that Jesus is mentioned twenty-five times in the Quran.

The Chrislam movement has gained impetus by statements from President George W. Bush and that Christians, Jews, and Muslims all worship the same God and by Rick Warren’s reference to Isa (the Muslim name for Jesus) in his prayer at the inauguration of President Barack Obama.

Only 30 percent of Americans have a favorable view of Muslims, according to a Pew Forum poll. At the same time, more than half the country says they know “not very much” or “nothing at all” about the Islamic faith.

“The recent political developments and the fact that we’re fighting two wars in Muslim countries should sharpen that need to know how to talk to these guys,” Stallsmith insists “We want to find peace, reconciliation around a scriptural understanding of Jesus.”

Jesus in the Quran is neither the only-begotten Son of God nor the Messiah who was divinely appointed to restore the House of David. He is rather viewed as a prophet who was appointed by Allah to prepare mankind for the coming of Mohammad.

In the Quran, Jesus neither suffers nor dies on the cross but is rather raised alive into heaven:

“That they said (in boast), “We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of God”;- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:- Nay, God raised him up unto the himself; and God is Exalted in Power, Wise” (4: 157-158)

The victim at Calvary, Islam teaches, was either Simon of Cyrene or Judas Iscariot.

The Quran mentions that Jesus was born of the virgin Maryam – – not by an immaculate conception but rather the will of Allah and that He performed miracles to show the Jewish people that He was a maseh in the manner of Moses and Ibrahim (Abraham):

“In blasphemy indeed are those that say that God is Christ the son of Mary. Say: “Who then hath the least power against God, if His will were to destroy Christ the son of Mary, his mother, and all every – one that is on the earth? For to God belongeth the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all that is between. He createth what He pleaseth. For God hath power over all things” (5:17).

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thefixer
Advanced Member
Member # 8837

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thefixer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear brother Daniel,
It is never my intention to sway anyone one way or another towards or away from any particular point of view, especially one that I may have. There have been times when what came out of my mouth confused and confounded me, leading me to question what I said and where it came from. Sometimes the Spirit would lead me to the Scripture that either directly says or implies what He had me say. Please allow me to give an example. A while back, when I was homeless in Las Vegas, a young man told me how his relationship with his family was badly damaged and how, after he had accepted Jesus, he felt the need to repair it but was afraid and didn't think that he would be welcomed. I had no idea why he was asking me for help and I didn't see any way of helping him. Then, suddenly words came out of my mouth instructing him in what he should do. I had no idea where the words came from or if they were sound until, twenty minutes later. We were sitting next to each other and in front of me was a Bible. I was drawn to pick it up and open it. I randomly (at least I though it was random) opened it and I didn't need to turn a page There before my eyes was the Scripture that pertained to what I had told him. It was exactly what he needed to know.
As I've probably said before, I do not know Scripture by heart and I will never be able to quote scripture from memory, my brain has never worked that way. I find myself drawn to certain passages that help me when I need help. I only read what the Spirit directs me to read. Sometimes what I read is for something that is about to come into my life, sometimes I'm led to passages that explain what He is doing and why He is doing what He is in my life. Can you understand?
Therefore, saying all that, I would not want you to take my word for anything. Just keep in mind what was said and allow time or the Spirit to show you it's validity.
May God show you all that you need to see.

Posts: 71 | From: Yuma, Arizona | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi LeRoy,
Thank you for your response.

Eschatology is the chronological sequence that is given to a specific set of events.

When I listen to someones view on end-times I am just real leary when I hear lots of specifics that cannot be found in scripture. Not to say that is you. I just am real cautious what I will cling to and put my trust in.

With love in Jesus.

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thefixer
Advanced Member
Member # 8837

Dear brother oneinchrist,
I pray that you can understand and relate to what I'm about to say. First of all I have no idea what 'eschatology' is so I really don't know how to answer that part of you question. In response to the part about my 'study' of scripture I must say that I only read what the Spirit within me directs me to and as I read I read through His eyes and understand by His grace. Furthermore, I would have to see that the interpretation I gave is a fairly accurate considering the fact that it came, not from within my understanding but, from outside of my knowledge of the state of affair during the end times.
Occasionally I will be given a detailed image of what I need to know, but most of the time I can only discern general details. I merely allow the Lord to guide me as He wishes and strive to be obedient to His will.
I hope that makes sense to you. There have been times when I could not make sense of what He had me doing.
May our Lord fill you with His Spirit and guide you in all truths.

oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Hi again LeRoy,
Is this description and eschatology derived from your own studies or did you find it to be one of the most accurate interpretations of end-times?

thefixer
Advanced Member
Member # 8837

I believe that you are failing to understand what Lucifer's true condition is. His rebellion against God was over God's choice of humans as His Heir. Lucifer and the other fallen angels believed that they were the true rightful Heirs and they couldn't understand how God could choose such an inferior creature (humans) over them. The fallen angels then set about to prove to God that He had made a bad choice by exploiting our own natural tendencies toward self-reliance. That tendency leads us away from the desires of God in our lives. God's desire is that we surrender our wills to Him so that He can once again walk with us and fellowship with us.
That being said, Lucifer will use the things of this world to keep people too preoccupied with themselves to understand that they even need a deep connection with God. It's what he did in the garden with Adam and Eve. The first part of the anti-christ's agenda will be for the purpose of establishing firm control over almost every aspect of human life. He will bring peace to a war weary world. He will effectively end poverty and starvation. He will, because of the things he accomplishes and his magnetic personality, be given everything that he desires in order to solidify his control. Once he has a firm stranglehold on the minds and hearts of the many, he will convince them that the persecution of the remnant Church of Jesus is the right thing to do. Pretty much like Hitler did in regards to the Jews in Europe. Lucifer will not direct his venom at the non-believers, which will account for probably over 90% of the world, just the faithful followers who refuse to 'accept the mark of the beast'.
During this time the task of the remnant Church will be the same as it has been from the beginning, to spread the 'Good News' about Jesus. While they continue their ministry they will be hunted and, if they are captured and refuse to deny Jesus, killed. All because of this deep compulsion to serve Jesus even unto death.
Finally, the really serious afflictions upon the non-believers does not come from Lucifer, although he had a hand in keeping them from finding a shelter in Christ. It gets serious when Jesus breaks the seven seals and when the angels begin to sound the trumpets. By this time there will not be many believers left and the people who will be afflicted will blame them for their condition and hunt the rest of them out. It will be an extremely difficult time in which to hold fast to Jesus, but for those that do the reward will be eternity with the object of our devotion and love, Jesus.
So you are probably right in your assessment of his persona. He will never seem to be anything but good for this world. Only Jesus' people will know and feel his true colors.
May you always find your shelter in the arms of Jesus.
You brother in Christ, LeRoy (thefixer).

oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Hi again Fixer,
I still am trying to grasp this concept of Anti-Christ being like a Hitler. It doesnt seem to make all that much sense to me that it would benefit the devil to change to tactics that would seem to defeat his purpose.

You know people like to come to America......why? Freedom, security, peace, prosperity.....right?

How often do you think people leave the US to go to a nation that is run by a cruel leader?

You see, the point I am trying to stress is that for the devil to fashion his top guy into some kind of Hitler(who seizes power) would actually turn people away from him................wouldnt it?
More people would be drawn to a nice peace loving guy.

For a while I used to believe that the final Anti-Christ would be this Hitler x 10 type. I no longer believe that he would be that or change into that.
I do not think that the devil would be so foolish as to push people away from him and towards God.

All in all, I do believe that there have been cruel anti-Christs in the past, but I have a hard time believing that the final Anti-Christ(the epitome of the devil and his ways) will be that way. I think he will be just a magnificent leader that people are mezmerized by and therefore, deceived by his lies(mixed with truth)
Isnt that all the devil needs to accomplish his misssion. He doesnt need to throw fireballs around or create a world war........Just simply mix lies with truth to destroy people.

As far as creating a war against Christians. That is already happening and imagine how much of a greater scale that would be if God with a strong arm drew in many converts away from the Muslim faith. You would see a time of great testing in this world-----not started by anti-Christs, but by God who desires to give glory to His Son Jesus allowing His spirit to bear witness to the truth amongst His followers.

thefixer
Advanced Member
Member # 8837

quote:
Originally posted by becauseHElives:
He will start out like the pope (peaceful,religious)first 3 1/2 years

He then will become a Hitler (violent, hateful)yhe last 3 1/2 years

this my understanding

You are quite right. In order for him to get the people of the world to accept him, he will do miraculous things and appear to have the world's best interest at heart. He WILL deceive many, or should I say, MOST, by his charismatic personality and abilities. He will once again rebuild God's temple on the temple mount in Jerusalem, after placating the Muslims and to the praise of the Jewish nation. He will even convince Bible believers that he is the messiah returned, those who's personal desires blind them to the truth. Humanity will give him control after seeing all the wonders he performs and the peace that he brings to a world in turmoil.
Once he has gained total control his true nature will begin to be revealed. The attack on the body of Christ will then begin. He will convince people that Christianity is a root cause of strife and division in the world and must be silenced. Many, those who are weak in their faith, will renounce Jesus. As the assault continues multitudes of believers will turn away thinking the peace he offers is better than the isolation they are experiencing. The true remnant of Jesus' followers will then suffer arrest, torture and, if they still refuse to deny Jesus, death. the world will be rejoicing during all of this.
You know brother that we all wait in expectation for our Master's return. Some are failing to keep in mind that we should also be expecting Lucifer's return, he is also coming and he ARRIVES FIRST!!!!!
May your faith remain stong, even unto death. Your brother in Christ, LeRoy (thefixer).

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He will start out like the pope (peaceful,religious)first 3 1/2 years

He then will become a Hitler (violent, hateful)yhe last 3 1/2 years

this my understanding

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thefixer
Advanced Member
Member # 8837

Lucifer is already condemned and his intent is not to rule us but to bring us down with him. He has no desire for power in and of itself, it is merely a means in which to take as many souls with him and away from God. He will first deceive those who have no faith and those who are weak in their faith into accepting him as their leader. He will most likely do this by giving people what they earnestly desire, peace and prosperity, bringing a tumultuous world stability. The world will see in him a messiah, false though he may be. Once he is given complete power he will begin an open assault on Jesus' faithful, using that power in an attempt to silence the Gospel of Christ from leading any more to God
I believe that many of the true faithful remnant servants of Jesus will suffer terribly at the hands of unbelievers under the mistaken idea that what they do is just.
I hope that there will be a pre-tribulation rapture and no believer has to go through the tribulation, however I serve my Lord Jesus and whatever may happen to me I leave to His will.
May you forever remain in the Love of our Lord. Your brother in Christ, LeRoy (thefixer).

oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Hello Fixer,
You said:

It will not be until the world gives him power that his true colors emerge.

My question:
If the world trusts him enough to give him power why would he have the need to change colors? If somebodys game is working so well, why a need to change the strategy?

thefixer
Advanced Member
Member # 8837

Ah oneinchrist, I think you may have the wrong idea of the anti-christ if you think that he can be placed into one or other of the two categories you give. Scripture says that he will at first decieve many. That would lead one to think that he will be charismatic and talk a good talk and be see by many to have nothing but the best of intentions. It will not be until the world gives him power that his true colors emerge.
So my vote would be 'Both'.
Your brother in Chrict, LeRoy (thefixer).

oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Do you believe that the Anti-Christ is more like the Pope(Peaceful,religious) or more like a Hitler(violent,hateful)? and why??

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 4 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement