Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Polls Only   » Daniels Timeline

Author Topic: Daniels Timeline
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Found in Him
quote:
Ohhhhhhhhhh please Lord Jesus come quickly!!
[thumbsup2]

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm thinking that there is a skipping record sounding around here some where?

Jesus said "If you love me"

Obedience is no problem or burden for the humble submissive heart that sincerely loves his God...the heart's motive for obedience seems to be the issue in question... (motive implies an emotion or desire operating on the will and causing it to act)

Ohhhhhhhhhh please Lord Jesus come quickly!!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.
(1Sa 15:22)

Baptism: A Matter of Obedience
by
John MacArthur

http://www.biblebb.com/files/MAC/BAPTISMAC.HTM

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Found in Him [thumbsup2]

the baptism thing to me is clear ...add nothing to what Yahshua has done to bring about your salvation!

but always remember Yahweh love obedience not sacrifice.....He alone truly knows the heart of all men......

why would anyone, who has been explained water baptism and its importance for the believer choose not to be baptized as soon as water is available?

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Rapture or (catching away of the Saints) Yes I believe the scriptures outline a pre-tribulation catching away of the Saints. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17; 1 Corinthians 15:51-53; John 14:3; Thessalonians 2:1; Matthew 24:42-44; 1Thessalonians 4:17-18

Why?
--If Christ returns with us, then we must obviously be with him before He comes to Rule and Reign.

--The Rapture must happen before the Great Tribulation. If The Rapture was during or after the Great Tribulation, which has specific time table, then The Rapture could be determined and therefore not imminent.

--In Revelation, there are 24 verses that refer to The Church. However, there is no reference of The Church on earth in chapters 4 to 18. These are the chapters that refer specifically to the Great Tribulation.

2. I believe that all should desire to be baptized even as Our own Lord was baptized and set us an example...Baptism in the early church was by immersion: "they went down both into the water .... [W]hen they were come up out of the water" (Acts 8:38-39), etc. Why? Because baptism symbolizes the believer's identification with Christ in His death, burial and resurrection: "we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead ... we also should walk in newness of life" (Rom 6:4).

Is it a matter of salvation or not? I believe not. They certainly didn't remove the thief from the cross to be baptized before he died! Jesus told him "today you will be with me in paradise with me"

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with MentorsRiddle, Very interesting video series.

I believe we are to be watching and faithfully watching for the Lords return...

I believe we are in the season of His return....

I believe the Lord's Feast are the key...

I believe "This Generation" the generation that saw Israel become a Nation will see the the Lord's Return....

but if the video is correct the Rapture is very, very soon! because it will be before the end...

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe the rapture could happen anytime.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very interesting video series.

But I don't beleive anyone will know when it is going to happen.

It is an interesting timeline and thought, but I'm still not sold on it yet.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am curious to know what fellow Christians believe about certain issues.

Do You believe in the rapture?

Do you believe in baptismal regeneration?

Have you ever watched http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3fhU5Pl1cc

There are 12 sectional videos

Poll Information
This poll contains 2 question(s). 4 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement