Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Polls Only   » Is this good food for thought?

Author Topic: Is this good food for thought?
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When we as Christians study the word of God, we take with us our prejudices, our thoughts, and our denominational dogma and read the Bible in light of ourselves. Hopefully when we read our bibles, we would pray and ask God to wipe out any prejudices that will hender our growth. The Bible can say one thing, but we intepret another thing.
[Kiss] [Cross] [Bible]
Remember that walking with and serving Jesus is a life long process. One day we may be Baptist, another day a Methodist but in the end a Christian because we have Identified ourselves baptized in the sufferings of Jesus, the death of Jesus and the resurrection of Jesus.This way we submit to water immersion because it signifies a burial and resurrection to a new spiritual man.

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is good food for thought because Yeshua said it!

I responded to NLP's question here...

http://thechristianbbs.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=38&t=000340

so not to interupt his question.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NLP
Advanced Member
Member # 5870

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NLP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I said Yes, I stand by my vote because, it actually made me have to re-read Matthew 5 and there was a verse I "forgot" about and now after reading it again I found myself wondering what it really means?

25. Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.

What is "whiles thou are in the way w/him?" [Confused]

Posts: 45 | From: New York | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In his sermon on the mount, Jesus taught on every aspect of every relationship that we have with God and man. He taught about our influence on others (Mt 5:13-17), the importance of obeying God's commandments (Mt. 5:17-20), how attitudes affect us, our lives and our worship (Mt 5:21-26), concerning pure relationships between men and women, husbands and wives (Mt 5:27-33), the ultimate importance of always telling the truth (Mt 5:42), that we are to treat others the way we would like to be treated (Mt 5:43-48). He warned against self-exaltation (Mt 6:1-18), that our interest lies in what we invest in (Mt 6:19-23), warns us against divided allegiances (Mt 6:24-30), against unrighteous judgments (Mt 7:1-5), our need to trust in God (Mt. 7:7-12), advises concernining choosing between right and wrong ways (Mt. 7:13,14), warns us concerning false teaching (Mt 7:15-20), that only those who obey God will be saved (Mt 7:21), and the wise build their lives upon what He taught (Mt 7:24-27).
---by Gilbert Tripp

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 5 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement