Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Polls Only   » Prayer

Author Topic: Prayer
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that is the way I look at it. I have been to England. I had a wonderful time. I understand where you are coming from. Although, I come at things at a different direction. You like things precise. I look at things from all kinds of angles. And often see things as if is is close that is good enough for me, of course hubby is more like you. You and him are deep thinkers and I admire that.
GOd bless you,
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahar
Advanced Member
Member # 5810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Betty - I wasn't questioning the use of the terms, I just hadn't heard them used before and was wondering if my understanding of the terms was correct (us Brits like to be precise about our language you know [Smile] )

So a 'prayer warrior' is a term used to denote a person who frequently and deliberately uses their prayers to ask God for things, such as healing a sick member of the church etc etc? Kind of like a step beyond the usual stuff?

And so a 'prayer warrior' may be involved in prayer ministry, where a person would focus on an individual or individuals who need help and pray for them, and couple this with some kind of pastoral care, such as visiting them or, as in the the example of your grandma, calling to see if they are okay?

Does this sound about right?

--------------------
Cheers

Andy

Posts: 290 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really can't back up what I said with Bible verses. I have often heard of Preachers talking about a person who was a great prayer warrier. I have seen my grandmother who was house bound spend many hours of the day praying for others. I have seen in my own life how when I would not be able to sleep at night, how God would lay on my heart to pray for others. I believe that God does give some a gift of prayer. With my Grandmother who was housebound God was able to stil use her to pray for others. I believe no matter what our disabilities are, if we ask God, He will give us a ministry to do. Ironically, my Aunt who was also house bound her last year was used by God to call and encourage people. I did not know this until her funeral when the Preacher asked people to come and share what my Aunt had done for them and 6 differnt people said how my Aunt would call them 3 times a week to check on them and how she cared for them over the phone.
My heart swelled with pride for my Aunt. I had never realized how God had used her in such a special way.

This is kind of off subject but I believe that God can use us as individuals in our daily lives with little things. Jesus said that even giving a cup of water in His Name will be rewarded. I believe the same can be said for giving a kind word to a clerk who is tired and stressed. I have found that just telling a lady at the store who looks like she is so sad, that her purse is pretty or I like her hair will bring a smile and this person can walk off with a whole new attitude. We can be little soilders for Christ even in our daily life.
I hope this helps, hon. My mind is a jumble this time of morning but these words do come from my heart. God bless you, hon.
betty
p.s. hope the hon doesn't offend you, i am a southern grandma, you know [Big Grin]
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahar
Advanced Member
Member # 5810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope you get better soon Betty

I agree with Betty - I think it sometimes can be a gift.

BTW, I've never seen the phrase 'prayer warrior' before - what is it?

Also, Betty, do you mind explaining what 'prayer ministry' is - haven't seen that phrase used in the UK before.

--------------------
Cheers

Andy

Posts: 290 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
giel
Member # 5846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for giel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no it isnt prayer wont work or help you in any way
Posts: 5 | From: belgica | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Update

The doctor is still very unhappy about hubby's medication and upped it again. So please keep him in your prayers.

Got the blood test today. For now she thinks it is Osteoarthritis, but she says that she cannot rule out that it could turn into Rheumatoid Arthritis, because of some of my sympotms I will have to have a blood test every year to check. The good news she has agree to keep me on pain medication if I come in twice a year. Which without having inusrance is a big help.

thank you all for your prayers.
betty

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

A couple from our Church came over last night. The man said that God has been calling him for months to go in the prayer ministy. He got together with the Pastor to see if he was on the right track and then he met with the board of the Church to make sure he was not out of line with the Church. Both the board and the Pastor gave him the go ahead. Any way he and his wife came over and annoited hubby and I last night and prayer for us. This was such a blessing to the both of us.

Side note ( I had a blood test today and should find out Tuesday what they can do for my pain problems. Hubby sees the doctor Monday about stablizing his blood pressure.)

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

I voted yes, but on reflection, I should have voted other. I believe that some people have a gift of praying for others. I seen this gift in my grannny who was house bound the last 25 years of her life but spent many hours praying for others. I am in no way close to the great woman my granny was, but being handicapped myself, I try to use some of my time praying for others. Everybody can and should pray but I believe that some have a gift for praying for others.

--------------------

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really like that EG [wave3]
Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is a gift in a sense that God gives us it and that all Christians start their walk out in Christ by praying.

That if thou shalt confess with the mouth and believe in thy heart thou shalt be saved!

When I teach children to pray, I teach them the correct phone number through the correct operator, which is Jesus.

If you go thru Buddha, you get a wrong number
If you go thru Mohammand you get a wrong number
If you go thru your self you get a wrong number
If you go thru the Pope you get a wrong number
If you go thru JESUS, THE CHRIST, HE WILL SEND THE PRAYER to his Father!

JOHN 3:16
ROMANS 10:8-10
ACTS 16:31
GENSIS 1:1
REV 3:20

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 18 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thinking along the lines of spiritual gifts...

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 26 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

--------------------
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Ps. 84:10b)

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Posts: 604 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement