Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Polls Only   » Ask Yourself..

Author Topic: Ask Yourself..
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[wave3] You Go Miquel! Anda la pues Miguel!
Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to share a responce from a brother in Christ concerning this questian that we both gave a answer to.

Take a look at it.

quote:
 Does the Holy Spirit directly guide you to understand & interpret the
Bible?
 yes
Me (believers)? Yes - John 14:25-26
25 "These things I have spoken to you while being present with you. 26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

 Are you unable to understand the Bible without God's help in
interpreting it?
 yes
Yes (or true of believers) - Without His Help - Nada! 1 Cor 2:14-16
14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one.
16 For "who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?" But we have the mind of Christ. Also John 14:17-18
17 "the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18 "I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you

 Are non-Christians unable to understand the message of the Bible when they simply read?
 yes
Yes - unless regenerated (born again) they cannot see spiritual things
1 Cor 2:14-16
14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Also John 3:3
3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

 Does God reveal things to you directly and apart from the Bible?
 no
No - The Bible is His Complete Revealed Will (found in the words of prophets and apostles)
2 Pet 1:20-21
20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, 21 for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.
Also 2 Tim 3:16-17
16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. Enough for everything would ten to suggest we need no "other" revalation.

 Does God call sinners to be saved at specific times in their life?
 yes
Yes, (of course I blieve He is Sovereign) but only if His purpose is on a specific time table and not random. His decree must be established first, then all things He determines come to pass on His schedule including the calling of sinners.
Rom 8:28
28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

 Do you believe the Holy Spirit dwells in you to personally guide your
every day life?
 yes
Yes - Above guidance and Helper verses Also,
2 Cor 1:21-22
21 Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God, 22 who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.

 Has God personally verified to you that you are saved though some
better felt than told experience?
 no
No - If you mean some extrabiblical revalation or personal sensational experience. We get verification of Salvation when we produce fruit, not when we feel it.
Prov 3:5-7
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; 6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. 7 Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and depart from evil.
Also James 3:13-17
13 Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom. 14 But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth. 15 This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic. 16 For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there. 17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.

 Do you believe God chose you personally to be saved before the
creation of the earth?
 yes
Yes - but only if the Bible is true! Eph 1:4-5
4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, 5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,

 Did God create some men whom God knew would be lost before the
foundation of the world?
 yes
Yes - I love Pauls response to those of us who ask God how He can do that: Rom 9:18-20
18 Therefore He has mercy on whom He wills, and whom He wills He hardens. 19 You will say to me then, "Why does He still find fault? For who has resisted His will?" 20 But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God? Will the thing formed say to him who formed it, "Why have you made me like this?"

 Are many of your actions the direct result of forces working on you
from the spirit world?
 yes
I'm not sure what the question means - The word direct with respect to actions could go two ways. 1. Physically - then No - I'm not possessed or having my will commandeered by unseen forces. 2. Spiritually - Yes - My thoughts and actions are being conformed to the image of Christ (pretty slowly it seems in my case!) Rom 8:29
29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.

 Do you feel evangelism is a waste of time because all is in God's
hands anyway?
 no
No - It would be a waste however if Jesus had no authority. If He is no King of Kings we should ignore this: Matt 28:19-20
19 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 "teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen.
In other words, regardless of the above "predestination" questions, you evangelize because He said so, not for any results that may or may not already be decided.

 Is there nothing you can do to be saved?
 no
The question might be asked is there something you can do to be saved? Both or incomplete, though.
You can believe on the Lord Jesus and be saved, but you can't believe unless He grants it to you. So, it's Yes (I can believe) and No (He must give that belief to me).
Acts 16:31
31 So they said, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household."
Also Eph 2:8
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a word,

Just because God knows something about the future, doesn't mean He takes away mans abiblity to make a free choice. God's sovereignity, is settled and there is no questions to deny it. Only a fool has said in their heart that there is no God. Reve 3:20 Talks about God in the Flesh ( Jesus) knocking at your heart door, wanting to come in. BUT it is up to you to invite Him. He will not force the door down.

Some strict Calvinists believe, if all this is predetermined the way they are, then why put forth the effort!

Man is not omniscient, therefore he doesn't have the upper hand. God is not willing that any should perish but all come to remissions of sins.

Islamic people belief if Allah will so be it. Being interpeted. All things and behaviour exist with in Allah. Some orient culture don't belief in holding on toldlers hands. This would be breaking God's ability to intercede.

If I serve Jesus, it is because of what the bible says He will do and not from any extra-biblical work that could be questioned.

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pleasemaranatha:
Miguel,

What do you feel are the correct answers to these question and why?

God Bless you and yours,

I will come later on this.
Thank you.

--------------------

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Miguel,

What do you feel are the correct answers to these question and why?

God Bless you and yours,

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Irresistible Grace

Poll Information
This poll contains 12 question(s). 21 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement