Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Polls Only   » which version

Author Topic: which version
RioLion
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I have many enemies, in many places, who would love nothing more than to see me suffer an extremely violent, hostile, painful death."

You really do not need to brag. It is really hard to be a gay person in todays world particularly among those that strive hard to please God in all possible ways. [Big Grin]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RioLion
unregistered

Kristi - which edition of the 1611 KJV do you prefer? There has been at least 5 different editions - the latest being the New King James Version.

Interesting that nearly all the parallel bibles have the KJV as a comparison as it certainly is a trustworthy version with very few translation errors.
[Big Grin]

Kristi
Advanced Member
Member # 3396

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Kristi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I Only Believe in the KJV 1611AV for me, The B-I-B-L-E!!!

Love n' Hugs, YSIC \o/

KristiAnn
MsGuidedAngel

--------------------
YSIC \o/
MsGuidedAngel aka KristiAnn
*~*Kristi Ann's Haven*~*

Posts: 109 | From: Oregon | God Loves You! | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AMH, as scripture says, iron sharpens iron. I do not know Oncewasnotnow, but I have nothing against him/her.

I like the NKJV Spirit filled life bible, but I also read other translations.

I believe we have all been taught differently as most of us come from traditional denominations. But I like you like to discuss and possibly learn from one another in the process.

I enjoy talking to you also. Shalom

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AMH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yahsway,

Can we get real for a minute?

Look at the uncharitable postings in this thread. OnceWasNotNow has made it clear that he does not like us and why he does not like us.

I understand your belief system. We can still be friends and disagree on some things. I think that this is why David allows us to use his program. I hope that you and I can discuss things for years to come as I find what you say interesting and sometimes helpful. Maybe we can begin again.

As I was telling OnceWasNotNow, I like the KJV. It has been such a blessing to me. I have a deep appreciation for those that gave their lives that I and people like me might have the opportunity to read it. More than this I feel that I owe them something. That is why I have dedicated my life to keeping the memory of what those people believed alive. I know that what I write on this site is different but so were the early reformers different. I feel that I owe them something and I am lucky to get to share it.

What are you dedicated to yahsway?

AMH

Posts: 350 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AMH, you are preaching to the choir and did not answer my question. So I will answer it for you.

Rom 11:32 For God has committed them all Unbelieving Jews) to Disobedience, That He might have Mercy on All.

And if some of the branches were broken off(who broke them off?)

You will say then, branches(the unbelieving Jews)have been broken off that I(gentiles) may be grafted in.

So therefore consider the Goodness and severity of God, on those who fell, severity; but toward you, Goodness,

IF YOU CONTINUE in HIS goodness (dont turn back to your vomit like a dog would) Otherwise you will be cut off.

I was not comparing these sons to dogs, I was only stating a fact that some of these sons do backslide and some do turn back to their own vomit.

They placed themselves on the outside because it was Gods plan that they do so until the fullness of the Gentiles comes in.

"For I would not desire brethern, that you should be IGNORANT of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own OPINION, that BLINDNESS in part has happened to Israel UNTIL THE FULLNESS OF THE GENTILES has come in.

For as you who were once DISOBEDIANT to God, yet have now obtained MERCY through THEIR (Unbelieveing Jews)DISOBEDIANCE. Sounds like Gods plan to me.

For God has committed them ALL to Disobediance, that He may have mercy on ALL, (gentiles, nations)

Oh, the depth of the riches both of the Wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgements and His Ways past finding out!

Baruch Ha Shem Yahweh!

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AMH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yahsway,

The Word was made flesh and dwelt among us. It is that they rejected the Chief Corner Stone. They placed themselves on the outside. And these gentile dogs have indeed become sons. So comparing these sons to dogs is not kosher now. But I do like Pit Bulls and Poodles.

AMH

Posts: 350 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

AMH, but why are they on the outside and who put them there?

And, once "dogs" heathens, gentiles, do enter in, then they are no longer to be considered dogs, heathens, gentiles but Sons of Yahweh.

Unless of course some want to return like some dogs do to their own vomit. I know a few who have. Shalom

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

NoNameGirl,

Staying on subject is a good idea especially since the topic is such a good one.

Some of the bible versions that we have are registered with high pedigrees, and some of them are dogs. When developing a new version there are many factors to be considered and blood lines are not the least. But I would have to say that money must be close to the top of any breeders list. If it does not sell then why would they spend all that time and effort, (what with the cost of feeding and boarding)?

Consider for example the Jews of Jesus day. They compared the gentiles to dogs. But these dogs are entering in while they, (the Jews) are on the outside.

AMH

NoNameGirl
Community Member
Member # 4962

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NoNameGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually Pitt Bulls can be extremely sweet animals when raised properly. While working as a vet tech I would take a Pitt over a Poodle any day!

To keep this post on the TOPIC, I checked out the bible my friend gave me and it's a New King James Version...not sure what the difference is (other than it being easier to understand).

Posts: 16 | From: PA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

OnceWasNotNow,

Thank you for the compliment. When I was a kid I liked to imagine myself an airplane pilot. I would jump off the balcony of our back porch pretending that I was flying. It was good fun then but now I would probably break something. I never got to be a pilot. There was always something else taking me away from my dream.

These people that think ill of you. They really do not know you do they? If they did they would see what I see. Yes you are a kind person. You are just a little shy.

AMH

OnceWasNotNow
Advanced Member
Member # 4957

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OnceWasNotNow   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
I hate no body. I doubt very seriously if I will be coming by your house to sell carnival tickets.
By the way Houston is not in the sticks. It is a fashionable city.
betty

I know where Houston is, My Uncle once worked for KNUZ Radio there.

MOST of my family lives in Texas, That's why I'm not there, they'd have me shot on sight if I ever returned, or I'd shoot them..... [pound]

--------------------
Thanks to the extremely excellent example of other "CHRISTIANS" I gave it up.....

Posts: 37 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate no body. I doubt very seriously if I will be coming by your house to sell carnival tickets.
By the way Houston is not in the sticks. It is a fashionable city.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OnceWasNotNow
Advanced Member
Member # 4957

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OnceWasNotNow   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AMH:
OnceWasNotNow,
I imagine that you are very kind.
AMH

You have a VERY vivid imagination, too bad there's a lot of people, including EVERYONE in my own family who would STRONGLY disagree with you.

I have many enemies, in many places, who would love nothing more than to see me suffer an extremely violent, hostile, painful death.

--------------------
Thanks to the extremely excellent example of other "CHRISTIANS" I gave it up.....

Posts: 37 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OnceWasNotNow
Advanced Member
Member # 4957

quote:
"I admit to many faults but that is not one of them. I don't put on any airs. If you met me in person, you would meet the same person you see here. My faith in Jesus is not for show, it is a real relationship with my ..."

Obviously one of your faults is not reading before you post.
betty

I did read your post grannyfromticks.. [pound]

Well anyway all you christians are just the same, you all think you're better than everyone else, you hate sinners with a passion and you'll do anything you can to avoid us, but we are just as determined to put ourt pit bulls on you if you come around trying to sell your carnival tickets to us....

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I admit to many faults but that is not one of them. I don't put on any airs. If you met me in person, you would meet the same person you see here. My faith in Jesus is not for show, it is a real relationship with my ..."

Obviously one of your faults is not reading before you post.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

OnceWasNotNow,

This questionnaire was about which bible version we like to use. I like the KJV. I have never heard of the “burnt pages” version. Is it a joke or does such a version exist?

I do not think that you are a trouble maker. I think that you are looking for something. What you seek may not be here. But if you tell me what it is that troubles you then maybe I can help you find what it is that you are looking for.

I imagine that you are very kind.

AMH

OnceWasNotNow
Advanced Member
Member # 4957

quote:
The difference you are a troll. A troll is one who goes to boards to start trouble.
I am not a hypocrite. I admit to many faults but that is not one of them. I don't put on any airs. If you met me in person, you would meet the same person you see here. My faith in Jesus is not for show, it is a real relationship with my loving Lord and Savior.
In fact I will go as far as to say everyone who post here regularly takes their faith in the Lord seriously.
betty

Oh I see, you're telling me that you are absolutely perfect, no faults whatsoever, 100% pure, and sinless.....

Things are never as they seem, are they? [pound]

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

The difference you are a troll. A troll is one who goes to boards to start trouble.
I am not a hypocrite. I admit to many faults but that is not one of them. I don't put on any airs. If you met me in person, you would meet the same person you see here. My faith in Jesus is not for show, it is a real relationship with my loving Lord and Savior.
In fact I will go as far as to say everyone who post here regularly takes their faith in the Lord seriously.
betty

--------------------

OnceWasNotNow
Advanced Member
Member # 4957

quote:
Originally posted by Gramajo320:
OnceWasNotNow,

You will please speak respectfully to everyone in this christian forum at all times.

Does that THREAT apply to all of you as well?

Or just to us NON Christians?

--------------------

Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OnceWasNotNow,

You will please speak respectfully to everyone in this christian forum at all times.

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OnceWasNotNow
Advanced Member
Member # 4957

quote:
hello troll

Hello hypocrite... [pound]

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

hello troll

--------------------

OnceWasNotNow
Advanced Member
Member # 4957

I like the BVP

(Burnt pages version)! [pound]

--------------------

NoNameGirl
Community Member
Member # 4962

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NoNameGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was raised using KJV and bought an "adult" version about a year ago. Although it seemed a little hard for me to understand. Recently a friend of mine gave me her old bible, so I've been reading them both...KJV to get the basics and hers (can't remember which version it is) to help me understand and study it a little more in depth.
Posts: 16 | From: PA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RioLion
unregistered

I try to read a different version every year. This year I am reading the Amplified Bible which is based on the American Standard version of 1901.

My church pastor uses the NIV as that seems to be the dominant version among Christians in our day. Sales of the NIV are far ahead of other versions.

According to surveys, the NIV, KJ, NKJ, NAS, and RSV are the 5 major versions pastors use today. They are all sound and good versions. None of these versions affect in any way any of the doctrines of the church; and that should be the main criteria.

I would stay clear of paraphases and versions that are promoted by denominations such as the Clear Word Bible by the SDA, and the New World Translation by the Jehovah's Witnesses as they have twisted verses to fit their distinctive doctrines and are at odds with the traditional interpretations. The paraphases are too free with the meanings of words for serious study. Catholic versions put too much of their distinctive doctrines as footnotes.

MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MySavingGrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like my NIV study one with footnotes to understand. Though I am not Catholic, I got a Saint Ignatius one since I found out Catholic bibles have additional books and wisdom in there too.

If I want the closest to thre origianl writing I can get in English, then I go to the King James version. I often read that then go to the footnotes in my NIV study one.

--------------------
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/forum
Support the mother who lost her son protest the war
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/

here are my comments, I am UHaventDoneNothin
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/node/121

Posts: 426 | From: United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I prefer the King James Bible Av 1611 when I read an English bible, but do also use the New King James Bible as well.

When I read a Spanish bible, I prefer Spanish Velera 1569

When I read a French Bible, I prefer "La Sainte Bible du 1563

When I read a German bible, I prefer "Die Helige Worte" Martin Luther translation

When I read it in Hebrew, I use the Jerusalem Masoretic Version the Bible my Uncle gave to me in 1963

I trully believe God is quite capable of preserving the very word He intended even though it has been translate from Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek. People who say it cann't be done, is denying God's Power to perserve and to maintain.

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use KJV but like CareTaker said, I couldn't do the poll because it wouldn't let me skip some and I only use KJV mainly. Occasionally I will compare it with other versions but I can't vote on just one.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The poll seems flawed, example "jingjames".

For this old codger, I can reach over and take-up my leatherbound KJV, and be assured that the scriptures I have memorized are still there just the way I remembered. I can be assured that the KJV I hold in my hand is the same words my Great Grandfather read from the pulpit in the late 1800's.

Its the same Bible my hero for the faith, my praying Grandma read through and prayed over for each day of her 9+ decades.

I can be assured of scriptural backing for sound doctrine, and that the pathway of salvation is so clearly outlined in Romans Road.

I can be assured that the Diety of Christ will be claerly substantiated, and that no compromise has been inserted.

I can rest assured that my KJ will illuminate my pathway and guide me into the very presence of the LIVING WORD, justified and sanctified all to His eternal glory.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brownlee
Advanced Member
Member # 4929

Icon 15 posted      Profile for brownlee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
which version of the bible do you prefer to read.

Poll Information
This poll contains 4 question(s). 18 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

--------------------
makeing a difference in others lives

Posts: 21 | From: utah | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement