Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » The Key to Ultimate Victory

Author Topic: The Key to Ultimate Victory
walkbyfaith
Advanced Member
Member # 10538

Icon 16 posted      Profile for walkbyfaith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't leave a post like the Ultimate Victory without glorifying God. God has said to seek him in all that we do. To seek Him as a precious jewel, seek him with all your heart mind and strength and you shall find Him, seek first the kingdom of God and all things will be added,and follow me and I will make you fishers of men.
The Ultimate Victory is no longer worrying about yourself, but glorifying God. Glorifying God is seeking the welfare of others not yourself. Living the two greatest commands this is the greatest victory. Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, mind, and soul, and love thy neighbor as thyself. There is no way for man to do this apart from God. For in our flesh is no good thing. Walk in the Spirit and you will not fulfill the lusts of your flesh

Posts: 80 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 15 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
“Peter remembered the word of Jesus who had said to him, ‘Before the rooster crows, you will deny Me three times.’So he went out and wept bitterly.”
MATTHEW 26:75

Jesus was not surprised or disappointed when Peter failed. In like manner, He is not surprised or disappointed when you fail. Rather, He is waiting for you to fail so you will be reduced to Him. He has no illusions about you and He knows you through and through. He knows however much your spirit may be willing, your flesh is weak. Our weakness is not the trouble – the trouble is our unwillingness to acknowledge the weakness.

But I bring you good tidings of great joy, dear Christian friend! This failure of Self is the very key to living the Christian life. As painful as it is, the bitter tears of failure provide the water for nurturing the Precious Seed that is planted in your heart of hearts and making it grow. To despair of ourselves is the very key that opens the door to all the power, the victory, and fruitfulness in Christ that we seek.

Source:“Embrace the Cross” by Chip Brogden

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement