Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » Have Faith and Live

Author Topic: Have Faith and Live
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Minister MarcAlan ...welcome to the Christian BBS [thumbsup2]

very nice exhortation....

made me think of Peter and walking on the water ...

eyes on Yahshua successful walk...

eyes on the storm walk a failure...

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the Christian BBS Minister MarcAlan.

Your devotional reminds me of this scripture:

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

Philippians 4:6 (NASB)

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Minister MarcAlan
Member # 8561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Minister MarcAlan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FHL FRUIT OF LIFE
Words of Encouragement
Written by Minister MarcAlan

When you are emotionally and physically exhausted; when you are overwhelmed and stressed out remember you are not your own. And most of all, you are not on your own. Let Jesus bear your burden and let him take care of you. I am reminded of an old familiar hymn: “Oh what needless pains we bear all because we do not carry everything to God in prayer.” And, sometimes even when we pray we do not ask with a pure heart believing God will answer our prayers. As Christians how can we draw others to Christ when we do not believe ourselves? When you are full of worry, fear, and doubt that is evidence that you are not living by faith. The word of God says the just shall live by faith. Without faith it is impossible to please God. Worry is a sign that you are not putting your trust in God and you are focusing on your own human efforts. STOP right now and confess your sins and rest in the Lord! Yes, worry is a sin! And, all sin leads to death. I asked God to forgive me for my sin and teach me how to lean and depend on him and he did just that! As I gave up my human efforts and placed the situation in his hands a great burden was lifted. I stopped worrying about the situation and asked God to show me what He wanted me to do. I learned to focus on helping others while patiently trusting in God to resolve my situation. I also learned to praise God all the more in the mist of my storms. The bible says we can take off the spirit of heaviness (depression) and put on a garment of praise. Praise and worship lifted me out of the pit many times. God wants us to trust him and obey his commandments no matter what. Take your focus off of your problems and focus on pleasing God in the mist of the problem. As a believer my part is to believe! We belong to him. Our worries belong to him and our problems belong to him. When you accept Jesus Christ as your personal savior you are his responsibility. You are not responsible for yourself. Now isn’t that good news! God wants us to totally depend on him and whatever happens in life we can still trust him, even unto death. To live is Christ and to die in Christ is gain! Why worry yourself to death? Have faith and live!

--------------------
Hold on to Faith,Hope,and Love

Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement