Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » Walking In Darkness

Author Topic: Walking In Darkness
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
If you cannot trust God in the dark, how can anybody believe that you trust Him at all?
[thumbsup2]

We know that all things work together for good for those who love Yahweh, to those who are called according to his purpose. ...

darkness becomes light when Yahweh is trusted....

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Walking In Darkness

Who is among you that feareth the Lord, that obeyeth the voice of His servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? Let him trust in the name of the Lord, and stay upon his God. -- Isaiah 50:10

Many will recognize the experience described here as their own. It is the picture of one who fears the Lord and obeys Him, yet walks in darkness and has no light.

For all who may be passing through this experience, Isaiah has this word: "Let him trust in the name of the Lord, and stay upon his God." Never mind the darkness. Stay your heart upon God. The darkness may blind your eyes, but not His.

It may be you walk in the darkness of poverty. God knows all about it. All the silver and gold are His, and the cattle on a thousand hill. Fear not. Be not anxious. He will see you through.

It may be you walk in the darkness of affliction, or in a night of sorrow. Do not be dismayed. No matter how dark your way, go on trusting in God. Remember His promise is, "I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."

Perhaps disappointment has darkened your way. Through some reverse of fortune or turn of events, your plans have been broken up and you have been forced to abandon a long-cherished hope. Do not lose heart. Trust everything to God, and trust Him for everything. You will discover presently that your disappointment was but the shadow of His presence, revealing to you other and better plans and a brighter hope.

It may be you have been walking in the dark a long while. You wonder why God does not roll the clouds away. You cannot understand it. No; but you will understand in due time. Go on believing in God's goodness and wisdom. Night means morning will come. "Unto the upright there ariseth light in the darkness."

If you cannot trust God in the dark, how can anybody believe that you trust Him at all? It is in the dark hours of life that we have the best opportunity to prove the strength and value of our faith. Never was the value of a firm trust in God more eloquently proclaimed and demonstrated, than when Job, in the midst of one of the darkest hours ever experienced by a human soul, triumphantly cried: "I know my Redeemer liveth . . . Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him."

(Rev. John Gunn)

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement