Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » One in the Body of Christ

Author Topic: One in the Body of Christ
Good NewsforAll
Advanced Member
Member # 6156

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Good NewsforAll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently saw a teaching where the speaker used the analogy of the spine and the ribs, when comparing the importance of maintaining the spinal issues in our salvation walk and being tolerant towards those brothers and sisters who don't share our beliefs in the 'rib' issues. This means that the spinal issues will break the back of the body of Christ, but the rib issues will not break their back, but are a necessary support.

The spinal issues are absolutes and are non-negotiable

Spinal issues - 1. True salvation is through repentance to be new creatures through faith in Christ, and there is no other way to be eternally saved.

John 14: 6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

2. We must believe in the Trinity

3. Jesus is God and completely divine. He walked
on this earth in human flesh.

4. We must believe in the resurrection of Christ as a remission for our sins by His blood.

Rib Issues that we may disagree upon. -

Gifts
Eschatology
Predestination.
Spiritual Warfare
Arminianism or Calvinism
Return of Christ
Denominations - we shouldn't discourage different denominations because it helps to identify their form and style of worship.

We are all parts of the same body but we may have different interpretations. Who is right? If we don't always agree, this is not heresy, because the finite mind of man cannot comprehend God's full meanings in the scriptures. Look at the gospels. Each disciple has a different account of what took place during Jesus' life, frequently with certain details left out.

The issues of the ribs shouldn't divide the body of Christ. We should be very careful who we call heretical.

2 Peter 3:3 Most importantly, I want to remind you that in the last days scoffers will come, mocking the truth and following their own desires.

--------------------
The Pharisees tell us what not to do. Jesus tells us what to do.
Romans 10:15 As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

Posts: 400 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement