Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » Declaration of Divine Plans

Author Topic: Declaration of Divine Plans
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 15 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Declaration of Divine Plans
(Jeremiah 29:8-11; 1 Thessalonians 5:3)

Jeremiah warns the people against listening to prophets who prophesy falsely—“I have not sent them, saith the Lord.” Our problem is not one of proportion: how much worldliness can I live in? but of spiritual insight which will enable me to live a holy life in the midst of worldliness, looking for the fulfilment of God’s promises. The man who builds a temple on the slopes of a mountain is a fool; the only thing that is not out of place on a mountain is a cottage, because it does not ape the mountain. With the great towering world all around them God’s children are as cottages tucked away in safety, and the word of Our Lord comes, “Be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.” The great craze today is work: God’s word is “wait.” Patience means standing under and enduring until the strain is past. The Spirit of God never adopts the tactics of the world. Remain uncrushably true to Jesus Christ wherever the providential order of God places you.

Chambers, O. (1999, c1936). Notes on Jeremiah (electronic ed.). London: Oswald Chambers Publication Association, Ltd.

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement