Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » Called of God?

Author Topic: Called of God?
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are apt to conceive of a servant of God as being a great strong terrific leader whom nothing ever affects. In Jeremiah the acme of human sensitiveness is sanctified in the service of God. The servant of God is never self-elected , there is always this impelling call of God, and it is always the most unlikely man, the most unlikely woman, God calls.

There is always a witness, the word comes, it comes to us from without. How am I to know what God has ordained me for? By His eternal word. We have to stir up our minds and find out what God’s purpose is by obeying His word and relying on His Spirit. “My people doth not consider,” says God (Isaiah 1:3). Will the word of God come to me? Of course it will! Will the Spirit of God see that I fulfil that word? Of course He will! If we will keep in the light with God, our destination is as sure and as established as God, as certain as His throne.

When once you realise the Divine purpose behind your life you will never say again, “I am so weak”; you will know you are, but you will be strong in His strength. The only strength we have is the strength of God, which comes to us from the vision of God and of His power. The time of stress in which there is no vision, no insight, no sensing of the presence of God, is the time to stand firm in faith in God and God will do all the rest. Keep true to God and your development in God’s plan is certain.

………………………

I have heard it ask, “How will I know if I am called of God?”

Some one said that if you can do nothing else, then you are surely called.

Read Jeremiah

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement