Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » The Lilac bushes

Author Topic: The Lilac bushes
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I looked dead (no foliage) to the people who interceeded years for me also.
Praise God for his longsuffering and mercy that he waits on the prodigals!!! [clap2] [clap2] [clap2]
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Helpforhomeschoolers,

You are so right. I looked dead (no foliage) to the people who interceeded years for me also.

I love the spring. Thank God for His goodness and mercy.

God Bless you helpforthehomeschoolers and HisGrace!!!!!!!! Let us keep interceeding ourselves for each other. I need your prayers for me daily.

love you all,

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow - a great example of, as long our roots are alive, bountiful fruit can become abundant again.

Lilacs in this area come into bloom in May and what a sweet fragrance fills the air, as likened spiritually in the Bible when the Holy Spirit infills us.

Thanks for sharing Joyce. [Smile]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Joyce a beautiful word for today!

Sometimes it is amazing to see what looked like it was never gonna produce fruit all of the sudden spring forth with life. I think that the people who prayed for me, would have given up hope, except that God kept them praying.. such is the way of the prodigal!

My lilac's are sprouting too! [Big Grin] Spring is in the SD air!

As long as the root is there and alive and buried deep enough in the soil not to blow away, and HOLY GHOST sap flows throught it, in God's time the plant will bring forth fruit!!! It can't help but do so, because GOD fruit cant help but come forth in the appointed time! Glory to God!

It is the rocky soil where the word seed does not get down deep enough to hold in the winds that I worry about. 60 mile an hour winds here are normal and We have lots of rock here in our SD lansdscape and you can see so clearly the parable of the sower here.

Mark 4:17 And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word’s sake, immediately they are offended.

May we all be diligent to get the word seed down deep in our soil that it spring forth will an abundant root system and be well established that in HIS time we brng forth much fruit!

[hug]

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last year we planted 2 Lilac bushes in the backyard. They didn't look like they were going to live. This last winter they had only sticks coming out all over.

A few days ago, we saw alot of foliage on them. They also have tons of little purple flowers coming out everywhere.

One day nothing but dead looking bushes; another day tons of foliage.

Nothing ever grows in front of our eyes....but it is growing.

We can't always see what God is doing in the souls of people or prayer requests , but that doesn't mean nothing is happening.

This summer I hope to remember when the fragrance of the lilacs make me smile; that God's timing is perfect and not to believe my own vision.

God Bless

Glory be to God!

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement