Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » THE INFINITE SUPPLY OF THE LORD

Author Topic: THE INFINITE SUPPLY OF THE LORD
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Kiss] There is an important message that I see on my computer screen on top!

Charles Spurgeon said and I quote " I AM TOLD THAT CHRISTIANS DO NOT LOVE EACH OTHER, I AM VERY SORRY IF THAT BE TRUE, BUT I RATHER DOUBT IT, FOR I SUSPECT THAT THOSE WHO DO NOT LOVE EACH OTHER ARE NOT CHRISTIANS-"

I believe there are other types of people who visits a church. Some go out of traditional and dutiful attendance without ever yielding their complete self over to the Lord. Some go out of deep respect of a Christian but they are saying to themselves- "Could this ever be real to me!"
While there are others that go because they truly have fallen in love with Jesus, but are still being molded into the being that God wants them to be. AND the last are those who praise openly but deny the very words of Christ.

We being truly yielded over to Christ are born again, BUT we are still sinners. This body will die but the spirit shall live on! [youpi]

After all Jesus says to most- depart from me for I never knew you! In the end of times, people will have itching ears, desiring knowledge but denying the giver, which is CHRIST JESUS our LORD!

I remeber learning something in nursing school. It was called "MASLOWS HEIARACHY OF NEEDS" A person is a complicated being but all people whether great or small are subject to these categories. And the first is- A person basic needs must be met first before the person could
ever get into a learning mold of acceptance. THAT IS WHY -WE MUST BUILD ON CHRIST AND NOT OF OURSELVES.

I remember one particular day, my mother finally came to church with me when I came home on furlough from the militay. I attended a church called the "King James Bible Church" But I didn't realize how messed up their goals were. On that particular day my mom came- the Pastor stopped in the middle of the message and argued with this visitor over versions of the bible. That very day was a sad day, my mom asked me" Why is there so much hatred?" So after that I introduced my mother but my mother was so bold and asked the Pastor- "Why isn't there any love of the Lord in your message?" And that was the last day I attended that church. My mom was so young in the Lord, but the Love of Jesus was so imminent her wake.

As a person, we must define what Jesus means to ourselves. If there is no remittance there is no forgivenes!

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I agree with the point about the pastors always asking about money. It turns so many non-christians off. That verse about the hundred-fold is used to get money and promises an increase in finances by many preachers, but I think it was talking about souls saved from the seeds, not money.

thanks for responding

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pleasemaranatha:
I didn't like what Chip said about some church members who attend every chance they can and take, take, and take. He said they never seem to have any abundance. I don't agree with that.

Well I am sure that there are SOME in about every Church building that do this very thing. He did not say ALL but SOME.

I know for a fact that most of the wealthiest TV preachers and largest Churches do nothing but ask for more money as it seems they NEVER EVER have enough.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 16 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well everyone has an opinion. I agree with Him. Some people think the Church is a country club and they don't hardly ever talk about Jesus Christ if they are not actually at Church.

The point is, if you don't know Jesus Christ and He don't know you then you are as lost as if you never ever went to Church. Church don't save people, Jesus does.

See www.lostinchurch.com

A lot of todays Churches preach mostly on self help. Not staying focused on Jesus Christ, but self. That is why Satan was kicked out of heaven, he thought to much about himself.

When people touch Christianity today they are mostly touching a religious way of thinking or living or acting or talking - not Biblical Christianity, but mere Churchianity. They are touching external things such as where, when, and how church services are to be conducted, things such as which nuance of church doctrine is correct, and so on. But seldom do they touch a real Person, and seldom are we able to get at the Person Who stands above and beyond all these other things. Compared to Him it is all so much minutia, all so very petty. Well, all I can say is Paul did not get lost in minutia. Once he caught sight of Christ he never let go of Him.

"For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord" (II Corinthians 4:5a).

"I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified" (I Corinthians 2:2).

"And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ" (Acts 5:42).

"Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them" (Acts 8:5).

"Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus" (Acts 8:35).

"[Paul] preached unto them Jesus, and the resurrection" (Acts 17:18b).

"And when Silas and Timotheus were come from Macedonia, Paul was pressed in the spirit, and testified to the Jews that Jesus was Christ" (Acts 18:5).

"And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to [Paul] into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening" (Acts 28:23).

"We preach Christ crucified" (I Corinthians 1:23a).

"O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?" (Galatians 3:1).

"But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world" (Galatians 6:14).

"Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ" (Ephesians 3:8).

"What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice" (Philippians 1:18).

"As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him" (Colossians 2:6).

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't like what Chip said about some church members who attend every chance they can and take, take, and take. He said they never seem to have any abundance. I don't agree with that.

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 17 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So what don't you agree with?

Please explain.....

Thank you,
David

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 20 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TEARS ARE COMING DOWN MY FACE AS I TYPE. I LOVE TO GO TO CHURCH EVERY TIME THE DOORS ARE OPEN. I ALWAYS ASK QUESTIONS WHEN I HEAR SERMONS THAT RAISE QUESTIONS. I AM HUNGRY TO GET MORE FROM GOD. I'VE LOVED HIM AND HAD HIM AS MY CLOSE FRIEND SINCE I WAS LITTLE. HE TALKS TO ME DAILY AND I READ THE BIBLE DAILY. I SEE MIRACLES ALL THE TIME AND SEE HIM WORK IN OUR LIVES CONSTANTLY. HE IS SOOOOOOOOOOO REAL. HE LAUGHS WITH ME AND CRIES WITH ME. SORRY BUT I DON'T AGREE WITH YOU AT ALL.

--------------------

Joyce

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 15 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THE INFINITE SUPPLY OF THE LORD
by Chip Brogden

"Because the Lord is my Shepherd, I have everything I need... He anoints my head with oil, and my cup overflows" (Psalms 23:1,5b).

Whenever Christians are gathered together there are two kinds of people represented. One kind is there to receive and to be fed, while the other kind is there to give away. It is a fact that the ones who are there to receive are always dissatisfied. They must return to the meeting week after week, sometimes several times a week, in order to receive something. For all their receiving, they never seem to have anything in abundance.

But the ones who are willing, yielded, and giving find that the Life is sufficient for the needs of those they come in contact with as well as their own needs. It is never a drain to be around a brother or a sister like this because something of the Lord is always pouring forth. The more they give away, the more abundant they become. It is as though they possess a strength which could keep them going forever. This Infinite Supply should be the normal experience of all disciples of the Lord.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement