Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » Friends of Jesus

Author Topic: Friends of Jesus
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that we are living in the last days. I have been thinking of what would be the most important way we can show our love for God, and I have come to the conclusion that it is to have a deeper and closer relationship. I think that best compliment we can receive when we go to Heaven will be to have Jesus say that we are His friend.
Too often we do not have an intimate relationship with Jesus. Yes, we say our prayers, but do we commune with God. Do we talk to Him all through the day or do we just pray before we go to bed a quick prayer? To have an intimate relationship with Jesus we must communicate with Him just as we would with our mate, even more so. As humans there are some things in our hearts we do not even share with our mate. Private personal things, but we can tell Jesus everything. He is not going to be shocked or judge us.
Jesus wants this kind of relationship with us but Jesus is a God of manners. He is not going to knock us in the head to get this relationship. We have to seek Him. The Bible says knock and the door will be open and seek and we shall find. Way too often we only knock and seek when we have a trial in our lives. When things are going great, it is “See you later, God”. This is not the way to have a personal relationship with our Lord and Savior. I pray with all my heart that when we come face to face with Jesus, He will say this is _________ my friend. What joy that will bring to our hearts.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement