Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » What do you think of this song?

Author Topic: What do you think of this song?
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A second song that was written in 1991. It was based on Luke 15 and 1 John 3

O RETURN TO JESUS by Eduardo Grequi 1991

1) Some people walk around with emptiness- they're not sure which way to go- They can not see beyond a rainbow- They can not see beyond their nose-

They don't see the Power of all ages, They don't see the Holy One- Who walked one day to Calvary to die a scornful death!

(pause) O don't you know He loved you-O don't you know He died for you! His flesh ripped apart to fill your empty heart- THAT EMPTY HEART- O child of Satan O turn to Jesus- He's the Rock of all ages. He'll make you a child of the King- O if you'ld receive Him- He'll fill your empty heart with love , blessed peace and grace to run a race that the world would not comprhend.

2) Some christians mope around so aimlessly- they cann't see which way to go- They do not see beyond that rainbow- They do not see beyond their clothes they don't see the promise of their Saviour - they don't see the HOly Ghost who called today from Calvary to show the Saviour's love.

(pause)

Did you forget?- He loved you- Did you forget? He died for you! He rosed from the dead to crush the serpeants head- THAT SERPEANT's HEAD- O Prodigol child return to Jesus He's the Rock of all ages, He's made you a child of the King- forever and ever- He took your guilt away gives love with peace and grace to run a race that the world could not understand.

O RETURN TO JESUS.... To Jesus

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought I would share a song I wrote and often sing!

MORE THAN A FAIRY TALE by Eduardo Grequi
Copywrite applied: 1991

1) Was it more than love that brought you here to bear my many burdens! Was it more than chance that brought you into my life or were you there all along!

Refrain:

No rainbows to climb, no need for gold nor the good fairy for Jesus is Lord and will always be a forever friend.

2) Children dream of happy endings, lepricans with magical powers! were you Santa Claus who brought hope for a a new life and a rainbow with its Gold?

sing refrain:

3) Parents want a happy tomorrow with no pains, like the sound of music and love founded on something more than human condition,-were you a Prince after all?

sing refrain:

end the song with the following:

He will never fail, He is a stronghold, A mighty fortress- An Everlasting Father. He is life and our God Forever. A-men

The history of this song is the followng:

While stationed in Korea during desert storm, I was walking the streets at midnight, Meditating on Jesus the One who picked me out, called me, I was willing to hear Him.The streets in Seoul, Korea were filled with them- children as young as 3 homeless destitute, parents running to and fro looking for a fairy tale, some thing one is able to control, but down deep with in- you can not control- except knowing Jesus is much MORE THAN A FAIRY TALE. He is real, so real!!

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peh
Advanced Member
Member # 4446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for peh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HFHS said, "Praise God in most cases we have immediate peace and we know that God's will is perfect even when it does not look like it in this life..."

I am in wholehearted agreement and add my praise to Him to hers. We can call on His Name in the worst of times, asking healing for the heart and soul and, amazingly enough, receive relief from our most painful emotions as well.

I am speaking from personal experience here and am exceedingly grateful that He led me to understand the power of calling on His Name and relying on His wonderful hand in dealing with great emotional upheaval.

It took many years of grief, regret, pain and suffering to come to understand that He is just as much concerned about our "feelings" as He is anything else in our lives.

I give You praise, Father, and I know You always hear us when we pray. I thank you for the ones who have suffered and learned to lean on You as their tender God, and for those who will learn to do so as they develop under Your merciful eye and hand.

--------------------
St. Peh
I don't know everything but I know the One Who does.

Posts: 255 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A powerful and moving testimony lonlesol, a loss and pain which is indescribable. Your post brought tears to my eyes, for each of my own children were born premature, and our youngest weighed just 2lbs 14 oz.

Twenty+ years ago I read a book by Dale Evans called, "Angel Unawares". It was about having a precious wee-one with Downs syndrome for only a short time,(about two years I believe), before she was called Home. It is hard to recall the content, but the message was of the priceless gift of love which wells up in our hearts for this precious one, and the opportunity to bestow love unconditionally upon a miracle from God.

No written word nor spoken thought can describe the heartache and pain of loss, nor His peace which passes all human understanding nor the depths of God's eternal love for His precious children. I fumble for words, but just know that your testimony is a blessing and will touch many hearts in love. God bless you.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lonlesol
Advanced Member
Member # 4511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lonlesol   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can relate to this song...
We lost our son Gabriel eleven years ago, he was only twenty days old. When it happened, I hated Him for what happened, I couldn't understand why this would happen to my little boy, to us...Why would God give us this child and so quickly take him away from us. The pain was unbearable...It took me ten years to finally accept...
A few Christians made me realize that the hate and bitterness I had was destroying me and my family...

I wasn't born again back then...

Posts: 478 | From: Quebec | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that laurieFl and Drew are correct. I tell you I have been angry with God when I know I had no right, I have thought "How unfair" it is easy to feel those things in the moment in the flesh. God knows us and he knows our heart and he is patient with us in these times. Praise God in most cases we have immediate peace and we know that God's will is perfect even when it does not look like it in this life, but in those moments when we are weak and we get angry with God when we have no right, Jesus is praying for us that our faith not fail and God waits for us to come to our senses and repent of our anger and then he uses that time when we were weak to bring us to the next level of his Glory.

So while I can agree that maybe the words written could have been more clear and it is not right perhaps to say that it is apalling or unfair that a child is lost when we are praying and we have died to live, this is a very human feeling and God has saved us who are human and he does know our weakness and that is why he gave us Christ, that in our weakness we are made strong, because HE is strong. And the weaker we are the Stronger He is.

Praise God for HIS Mercy!!!!

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a novel idea to check the artist's web site and found this:

The stirring second single, "Held," captivates with its lyrical depth, revealing the promises of God in times of suffering. Written by Christa Wells in the wake of losing two loved ones, "Held" takes the "hand of bitterness" and reveals where God is when prayers seemingly aren't answered and when life doesn't make sense.

--------------------
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Ps. 84:10b)

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Posts: 604 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It describes the heart-wrenching wounding and agony of the loss of a child of two months who was not miraculously healed, but no matter how dark, through it all we will be held. Who are we to expect that we will never suffer loss, never feel pain, but when the darkness closes in, and the agony is severe, through it all we will be held.

Romans 8:
35: Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36: As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37: Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38: For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39: Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

It is Well With My Soul
Horatio Spafford

This hymn was writ­ten af­ter two ma­jor trau­mas in Spaf­ford’s life. The first was the great Chi­ca­go Fire of Oc­to­ber 1871, which ru­ined him fi­nan­cial­ly (he had been a weal­thy bus­i­ness­man). Short­ly af­ter, while cross­ing the At­lan­tic, all four of Spaf­ford’s daugh­ters died in a col­li­sion with an­o­ther ship. Spaf­ford’s wife Anna sur­vived and sent him the now fa­mous tel­e­gram, “Saved alone.” Sev­er­al weeks lat­er, as Spaf­ford’s own ship passed near the spot where his daugh­ters died, the Ho­ly Spir­it in­spired these words. They speak to the eter­nal hope that all be­liev­ers have, no mat­ter what pain and grief be­fall them on eart

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

Refrain

It is well, with my soul,
It is well, with my soul,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul.

Refrain

My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

Refrain

For me, be it Christ, be it Christ hence to live:
If Jordan above me shall roll,
No pang shall be mine, for in death as in life
Thou wilt whisper Thy peace to my soul.

Refrain

But, Lord, ‘tis for Thee, for Thy coming we wait,
The sky, not the grave, is our goal;
Oh trump of the angel! Oh voice of the Lord!
Blessèd hope, blessèd rest of my soul!

Refrain

And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
Even so, it is well with my soul.

Refrain

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe what she is saying in the lyrics is that when everything we hold close to our hearts (such as a baby) is taken away, we are held in the arms of Christ.

We are bitter and upset usually when something that tragic occurs, but she begs the question ..."What makes us different from others who have had to suffer and who have endured losses unimaginable?"

Some of the lyrics are a bit unclear to me, but I think this is what she is addressing, that we as Christians may have to face unimaginable losses, the same as everyone else, and that while it may make us angry for a time because sometimes people think "I prayed for my child to not die, why did God let this happen", we have to cling to our hope in our Savior.

I think it is a shame that the message was not more clearly articulated, but after examining the song I think this is what the writer was struggling to say.

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know for sure, I'll have to see if I can find that out. At first I really liked the song, but then the more I listened and took the words in, I started feeling like Peh...

--------------------
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Ps. 84:10b)

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Posts: 604 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did they lose a child? I am not sure I understand this song???
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peh
Advanced Member
Member # 4446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for peh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pessimistic.

Wow, Redkermit, I know she is a Christian but where is the yielding to His will in the song?

Scary to think that so many will hear and nod to that song.

I long for the day He returns!!!

--------------------
St. Peh
I don't know everything but I know the One Who does.

Posts: 255 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Held
by Natalie Grant
album: Awaken (2005)

Two months is too little.
They let him go.
They had no sudden healing.
To think that providence would
Take a child from his mother while she prays
Is appalling.

Who told us we'd be rescued?
What has changed and why should we be saved from nightmares?
We're asking why this happens
To us who have died to live?
It's unfair.

Chorus:
This is what it means to be held.
How it feels when the sacred is torn from your life
And you survive.
This is what it is to be loved.
And to know that the promise was
When everything fell we'd be held.

This hand is bitterness.
We want to taste it, let the hatred know our sorrow.
The wise hands opens slowly to lilies of the valley and tomorrow.

(Chorus)
And you survive.

Bridge:
If hope is born of suffering.
If this is only the beginning.
Can we not wait for one hour watching for our Savior?

(Chorus)
And you survive.

--------------------

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement