Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » I shall glory in my infirmities! To Live is Christ!

Author Topic: I shall glory in my infirmities! To Live is Christ!
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sister Betty, did you ever try the Theragesic? (sp??)

About these things in India. We have a family from the Church we're in now who is over there visiting their family. They're from So. India. I don't know if this is physically close to where all this violence is happening, but I'm very worried about their physical safety. Their son (Josh) is one of Steven's Best Friends at School and Church, and we're becoming closer to this entire family. I'm praying the Lord will allow them to safely return to the U.S. so we can get to know them even better and serve the Lord along side them.

Heavenly Father, I lift up all our Brethern who are facing physical persecution, that the You will increase their Faith and give them strength and courage to walk through whatever they may have to for Your sake. I pray for Brother Prim and his flock that You would be their comfort and shelter through their trials. I am also asking now that You would provide this family (The Durayrajah family - I'm not sure I spelled that right) a safe and Blessed trip, that they will be Mighty Witnesses to Your Glory and Salvation while they are in So. India, and that You would give them safe travel back to the United States. I ask this in Jesus' Name. Amen

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Makes me feel ashamed for feeling sad about being in pain today.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
06/14/2005: Attack by Night
Hearts pounded. Bodies hit the ground. First one round of shots was fired, then another. Then another … In all, 40 bullets were fired at the site of the partially constructed GFA Believers Church in Manipur (India) that night.

God tenderly watched over His children, and none of the missionaries staying on the site were injured by the bullets. One believer did hurt his arm while trying to fall flat on the ground during the shooting.

“Even after this incident, we kept on constructing the church,” Pastor Prim states.

This pastor does not make this statement lightly—this is not the first time his church was attacked and likely won’t be the last. Angry mobs had dismantled the construction four times in the previous six months. Once, they set ablaze the missionaries’ temporary living quarters and burned their belongings to ashes.

The most recent attack, May 29, had been forewarned: Around noon that day, sympathetic villagers warned the believers of a possible attack that evening and told them to be watching. When Pastor Prim heard the news, he called and requested police protection. The police chief said he would send some officers, but none came.

They did come by the next day—to pick up empty shells from the bullets fired the night before. Local Christian organizations have appealed to the governor for protection from such attacks.

When completed, this church building will be a haven—a place where people who have been set free from spiritual bondage through Pastor Prim’s ministry can come and joyfully sing praise to God. With every stroke of the hammer, these workers who labor at such peril to their lives are building His Church in Asia. In view of these recent attacks, they have battled some discouragement and would be grateful for your prayers as they continue their labor of love.

“As for me,” Pastor Prim writes, “I am happy that God has counted me worthy to face such hardships and shameful incidents in His name.”

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement