Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » Talk About It

Author Topic: Talk About It
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The weirdest thing about our losing our health care. My sister at one time worked 10 years for a denist. Because he had a small office he did not have to provide health care. When she lost her baby, she had to go to a chairty hosptial. I began to make it a matter of prayer for God to provide her health insurance. The same year she got health insurance my hubby was forced to retire because of health issues. He was going to have to pay $500.00 a month to keep his insurance. Which is impossible on a retirment income. I often wonder about how I prayed for my sis to get insurance and lost mine the same year she got hers. [Wink] I am not bitter about it. But it is curious how God works sometimes.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MySavingGrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry to hear Betty [Frown]

But, being a Christian doesn't mean you hae to be "perfect" nobody is perfect!!! Part of being a Christian is knowing that you and others are not perfect and repenting and wanting to grow.

I love your websites. I havent gotten around to audio bible. But, as somebody who learns better through hearing and seeing to process, I think it'd help me a lot.

anywyas,
I used to not praise god so much 9and also being new to christianity I'm still learning) butI have been more and more. I think it's important to thank God for what he does for yourself and for others. and I often thank God that I am not mentally or physically disabled (I have depression etc but I mean I can process though etc), having loving parents, a great man I love, a cat I love, insurance and money for health care if I need it, shelter and food. I think often people dont realize how lucky they are to have that. I also thank him if other people get better and if I pray for someone and I see them improve. I'm very lucky to not have to literally struggle paycheck to paycheck and afford medicine and healthcare. And I am very fortunate to have parents who love me and want what is best for me.

--------------------
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/forum
Support the mother who lost her son protest the war
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/

here are my comments, I am UHaventDoneNothin
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/node/121

Posts: 426 | From: United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 7 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty,

I sure would not give it another thought, as the person has not read their bible and don't know what they are talking about.

I am sure many, many people would love for us all to stop witnessing about the wonderful, awesome, Good News of Jesus Christ.

Don't quit when Satan suggests it, do it more, you must be doing it right.

God bless you Betty!

Plow on, plow on...
David

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Somebody certainly wasn't judging you by "lining up with the scriptures."
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This probably seems like a little thing. But earlier this week, a Christian on a game bbs, came down hard on me because I have Christian urls in my siggy. She emailed me that I should not have the nerve to be a wittness for Christ unless I could prove that I was perfect. I was very upset about that. Since then 6 different Christians have emailed me from the site thanking me for what I am doing. The thing is they did not know about the incident so I know it was God reassuring me. I am thankful for this.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 14 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reflection on 'Talk About It' by Nicole C. Mullen

Oh, Let the redeemed of the Lord say so
Talk about it,
Say so;
Talk, talk about it.

"The Lord Delivers Men from Manifold Troubles," that is the title of Psalm 107 in my Bible. This is a very interesting psalm; it contains the words Nicole C. Mullen sings in her song Talk About It: "Let the redeemed of the Lord say so."

These are by far the most famous words in this psalm, but they are only stated once. The psalmist repeats two other phrases four times each. Let's look at these.

The first phrase is: "Let them give thanks to the LORD for His lovingkindness" (Psalm 107: 8,15,21,31 NASB). The King James Version of the Bible puts it this way:

"Oh, that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men!" (Psalm 107:8, 15, 21, 31 KJV).

The psalmist is crying out, "Why don't you praise Him?" I can almost hear the pleading in his voice. God is so worthy of praise. He has and does so much for each of us every day.

I must admit that most of what the Lord does for me I take for granted. His Spirit helps me remember things, organize my time, see the needs of others as I rush through my day. He protects me from dangers that I am not even aware of and plans exciting things for my future. I want to learn to praise Him more. Like Nicole sings, I need to talk about it!

The second repeated phrase is: "Then they cried out to the LORD in their trouble; He delivered them out of their distresses" (Psalm 107: 6,13,19,28 NASB). They cried out and He delivered, over and over again. Now that does deserve some praise.

So let me ask you, what are you talking about today? Are you praising God for what He has done? Or do you need to be delivered from trouble?

Then do what both Psalm 107 and Nicole suggest, talk about it. But don't just talk about the problem; talk about the solution--the lovingkindess of the Lord! Go on, talk about it.

So let the redeemed of the Lord say so.
Talk about it, say so; talk about it.

-Suzy C.

Scripture Reference: Psalm 107

http://www.solidsounds.org/song_detail.php?rid=232

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement